Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM

183 posts, read 567,403 times

Advertisements

I have read the old posts regarding this community, but does anyone have any opinions as to these 2 builders? It looks like we may be able to get a good deal on a custom home in the high 400's low 500's and I am not sure if these builders have a good reputation or not. Also, would Anklin Forrest be a preferable location/community to Anniston Grove?
tHanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Default come on

Anyone...Bueller????
Thanks

Old 06-03-2008, 09:10 PM

77 posts, read 217,553 times
Default AF vs AG

AF is in a proven location. vs. AG growth trend is there

AF has nice brick homes vs. AG has custom like homes

AF less expensive vs. AG higher price point

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!

I am taking someone to AG this weekend. I will provide feedback.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM

77 posts, read 217,553 times
Default AF vs AG

AF is in a better location. vs. AG growth trend is there

AF Waxhaw Marvin Road curb appeal vs AG off the beaten path

AF has nice brick homes vs. AG has custom like homes

AF less expensive vs. AG higher price point

In real estate...LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!

I am taking someone to AG this weekend. I will provide feedback.

They saw AF too. But like you want to compare.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:24 PM

79 posts, read 234,547 times
Default Anklin vs. Anniston

As far as these two subdivisions, both have pluses and minuses. Anklin is next to a shooting range and gunshots can be clearly heard from almost all of the lots. Also, Anklin is within range of the sewage plant and those smells have been well documented on this board. Anniston Grove is in a particularly bad part on the county. You have to drive past very small and decrepit looking houses just to get in the subdivision. Once in the subdivision, there are several houses where construction has stopped. Also, there are several houses where builders have advertised there houses as "rent to own" or "lease to own" and we all know what types of buyers these options attract. I think the choice is tough and probably would look at other subdivisions that don't have these issues. Just my two cents!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 AM

Default thanks!

I just am trying to decide if it makes sense to spend 700-800k which is a little bit of a stretch for us vs. 500-600k in those neighborhoods. I have been to Anniston GRove, and it seemed more in the middle of nowhere than AF.
Thanks for the info

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 AM

28 posts, read 88,735 times
I represent an another builder and am a member of the Sales & Marketing Council of the NAHB, but I personally know both of these builders. Both of them have excellent reputations, and I would have no problem taking my clients to their neighborhoods. I have no financial benefit from this recommendation and no affiliation with them.

AF is in a coveted Marvin/Waxhaw area (Kensington/Marvin Ridge Schools) but is near the gun club. However, I encourage you to visit the Gun Club as it has very strenous safety regulations, and they shoot in the opposite direction from what I do know. Most of the noise is in the fall, and primarily on weekends.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:23 AM

Default Thank You

And may I ask what builder you represent?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
In the last 3 months Ive smelled it 2x by anklin forrest and well it wasnt for more than 15 minutes or so and 2nd Anklin Forrest right near decrept homes???? I dont think so, Quellin is expesnive, across the street from AF, and then there is a beautiful HUGE home by a lake on waxhaw marvin rd where the guy lets the Marvin Ridge Lacross kids practice on his land, and Cureton Rennasnace collection is also right there..and those homes are 599k and above...the ONLY decrept homes on Waxhaw Marvin Rd happens to past Prescot, going into the town of Waxhaw...Im in Quellin literally every weekend, yes it does smell in there depending on the time of day, but it isnt a Constant thing....We have been taking our friends to those sub-divisons to look and are in that area quite frequently...May I ask do you live that area?

The Shooting range has actually been very quite over the past month since thy are being investigated...and yes it is sat and sunday's our friends are buying in MILLBRIDGE and No shacks over there either on the Kensington Rd side, and that area is just beautiful...Oh and let me add when that area gets built up and the library goes over there, and all the new shopping in 2010 just wait those values are going to way up....you just wait....Ive been in real estate a long time Im not a realtor here but with my experience, I must tell you and with the new schools those people buying now at these prices all I can say is it will be a great thing 5 years from now...

good luck to the Poster looking

Dont rule the Waxhaw Area....

Old 06-09-2008, 05:50 PM

45 posts, read 58,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
In the last 3 months Ive smelled it 2x by anklin forrest and well it wasnt for more than 15 minutes or so and 2nd Anklin Forrest right near decrept homes???? I dont think so, Quellin is expesnive, across the street from AF, and then there is a beautiful HUGE home by a lake on waxhaw marvin rd where the guy lets the Marvin Ridge Lacross kids practice on his land, and Cureton Rennasnace collection is also right there..and those homes are 599k and above...the ONLY decrept homes on Waxhaw Marvin Rd happens to past Prescot, going into the town of Waxhaw...Im in Quellin literally every weekend, yes it does smell in there depending on the time of day, but it isnt a Constant thing....We have been taking our friends to those sub-divisons to look and are in that area quite frequently...May I ask do you live that area?

The Shooting range has actually been very quite over the past month since thy are being investigated...and yes it is sat and sunday's our friends are buying in MILLBRIDGE and No shacks over there either on the Kensington Rd side, and that area is just beautiful...Oh and let me add when that area gets built up and the library goes over there, and all the new shopping in 2010 just wait those values are going to way up....you just wait....Ive been in real estate a long time Im not a realtor here but with my experience, I must tell you and with the new schools those people buying now at these prices all I can say is it will be a great thing 5 years from now...

good luck to the Poster looking

Dont rule the Waxhaw Area....
They meant Anniston Grove is near decrepit homes, not Anklin Forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte