Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Pacifism loses EVERY time. I say it's war! Poop on doors and windows for everyone! Break out the shovels and swing into action!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM

237 posts, read 298,599 times
I think you should do some research on smells that dogs cant stand. I once read curry does the trick and tried it in my own yard. I think it worked, but since it never happened again, dont know if that was the reason and the dogs got used to a different spot after curry went away

Old 07-16-2008, 08:18 AM

264 posts, read 918,067 times
How about taking a video, posting it on youtube, then posting up the link to the video to your HOA and any other neighbors that might be interested?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:33 AM

22 posts, read 72,077 times
We own a pitbull (a really lovable one of course), and a lady walking her rottweiller freaked out one day (screaming and yelling over the fence) because her rottweiller saw my dog and started going crazy when all my dog was doing was laying in the front yard. Yet for the past 2 nights her rottweiller has gotten out and ran up to our fence taunting my dog... my husband wants to call the pound, but I can't stand the thought of any dog being in a jail type of place.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:04 AM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
If you haven't already spoken with the neighbors, you need to do so before you take any drastic action like poop on the doorstep, etc. If talking doesn't work, I would write a letter to the HOA stating the problem and including their name(s). Ask the HOA to publish the letter with names in the next newsletter. Send a copy to the neighbor. Hopefully, the embarrassment of such a letter will make them change their ways.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbJ View Post
If you haven't already spoken with the neighbors, you need to do so before you take any drastic action like poop on the doorstep, etc. If talking doesn't work, I would write a letter to the HOA stating the problem and including their name(s). Ask the HOA to publish the letter with names in the next newsletter. Send a copy to the neighbor. Hopefully, the embarrassment of such a letter will make them change their ways.
Hi Barb

The OP said in her original post "I have reported them to the HOA and they received warnings etc... Its also CONSTANTLY in our HOA newsletter."

so it is way past that point. She is being bullied, plain and simple. There is only one way to deal with bullies - you have to stand up to them (politely of course at first anyway!).

Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM

330 posts, read 1,035,928 times
At this point I would consider hiring a professional dog waste removal firm for a single cleaning, and then sending the bill to both your HOA and your neighbor. Inform them that if the behavior continues, you will continue to do this and take them to small claims court if they refuse to pay the bill.

Of course, legally, they are probably under no obligation to pay, but they may not know that

Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I like Carolina_Guy's solution, Hee Hee. (Form a poop slinging brigade). Of course, I also like the machine that sprays water when the dog comes around - it is not harmful to the animal but gets the message across.

People who allow such behaviors to continue do not care what anyone says - they feel they are "above the rules." So there is no way to embarrass them. Obviously, they don't like being inconvenienced - evidenced by their being too lazy to walk their dog and scoop the poop and dispose of it. Therefore, the way to remedy the situation would logically seem a course of action wh/ inconveniences them MORE than a letter. I would think having poop on the driveway, sidewalks and steps would be a big wake up call.

I would not be surreptitious about it at all. I would simply take the poop, dump it on the porch, and stick a note in it that says:

Dear XX,

Seems you and your pet keep forgetting something in my yard, bless your hearts. So from now on, I am going to return it to you. Anifani

Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
I haven't read all of the posts in this forum, so I may be reeating an earlier post but I'd shoot them.

Not what you're thinking, but I have a pump style BB gun where I can pump it once or twice and "Pop" the dogs with a BB. It won't kill them, I think it'll stun them more than anything. I think they'll think twice about coming to your yard again.

I used to do that with my horse who kept getting out of her pen years ago, I'd sit on the porch and wait for her to unlatch the gate.......

Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I haven't read all of the posts in this forum, so I may be reeating an earlier post but I'd shoot them.

Not what you're thinking, but I have a pump style BB gun where I can pump it once or twice and "Pop" the dogs with a BB. It won't kill them, I think it'll stun them more than anything. I think they'll think twice about coming to your yard again.

I used to do that with my horse who kept getting out of her pen years ago, I'd sit on the porch and wait for her to unlatch the gate.......
But it is not the dogs that need to be trained - it is the owners!!!! The dogs have to poop somewhere - the problem is the owners are not taking them for walks and scooping their poop.

You can ping the dogs in the hindquarters - but the dogs are going to have to poop SOMEWHERE - so all you have accomplished is that the dogs move to someone else's lawn . . . plus they get shot w/ BB's!!! What if it hit an eye!!! Plus - I am sure if you did that, you could be charged w/ cruelty to animals or something along those lines.

Just don't think this is a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte