Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:41 AM

810 posts, read 2,291,954 times

Advertisements

Do what Jim Carey did in Me,Myself and Irene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 AM

422 posts, read 1,366,054 times
Thanks for your responses... you guys are awesome!!

Since posting this... I have sent in another complaint to the HOA. I will give it a week, and then I will say something myself. I will have to train myself to be nice and appropriate. Its so hard sometimes to be nice ;-)

But I tell ya... it amazes me how stupid people can be. I go out of my way to be a good neighbor!!! I bring in the garbage when Im supposed to, I take care of the lawn, I plant pretty flowers and take care of them, I dont park my car where Im not supposed to park it etc........

Its funny, so many people complain about their HOA and how strict it is, I LOVE the HOA Nazi's that run my community. They are annoying, nosey and thrive on people who are breaking the rules ;-)

Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,951,063 times
If you can get a video of it all this really could help you out.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:10 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
How about lure in the dog and take it to a shelter saying you can't take care of it anymore

Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM

716 posts, read 2,158,103 times
Part of the problem is that once a dog poops somewhere, that becomes like its "spot" where it wants to go again. And you'll never eliminate that scent (even if you think you do, the dog still knows its there.)

What you need is one of these:
Amazon.com: Contech Electronics Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler #CRO101: Home Improvement
(or a similar product, depending on the size of your lawn and whatnot.)

If that doesn't work... I'm with the "poop on the stoop" crowd!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:56 AM

327 posts, read 1,197,504 times
While alot of the suggestions are funny, I'm not sure they're really helping to OP. Taking the dog to a shelter only gets the dog put to sleep and you arrested for theft / dognapping, whatever the charge would be called. Flinging poop on a neighbors house will only incite a confrontation and land you both in jail or the hospital. Putting up a fence costs YOU alot of money, and that shouldn't be your responsibility.

My advice would be to continue along the route with the HOA (for what its worth) and calmly confront the neighbor regarding the situation once. It is usually alot easier for some one to be ignorant indirectly than to be ignorant to your face. If this doesn't work, then I do suggest that you bag it and leave it on their doorstep. This should get the point across without inciting a fight by defacing their car and/or house. Remember, you still have to live next to them. While they're not being good neighbors (or people for that matter), I'm sure they could make it worse if you start throwing it against their house.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolet* View Post
Part of the problem is that once a dog poops somewhere, that becomes like its "spot" where it wants to go again. And you'll never eliminate that scent (even if you think you do, the dog still knows its there.)

What you need is one of these:
Amazon.com: Contech Electronics Scarecrow Motion-Activated Sprinkler #CRO101: Home Improvement
(or a similar product, depending on the size of your lawn and whatnot.)

If that doesn't work... I'm with the "poop on the stoop" crowd!
ULTRA: This device is very similar to the one my neighbor got!!! It did work!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:03 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
this is not working for you. pray hard when the market is right sell dont do another condo it does not work for you. will your SO buy you out ask him. forgive the pun
the whole thing stinks.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:51 AM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times
I really don't have a problem with confronting a neighbor (have done it before), but, unfortunately, a lot of neighbors just aren't understanding people and want to blame the matter on you or give you excuses why they are doing what they are doing. Sometimes confrontations end up with someone arrested, put in the hospital and court costs......none of which I want or need!! Some folks say "we're sorry, it won't happen again" and then turn right around and do the same thing again a week or two later. Sometimes it would be darn interesting to hear what a neighbor says out loud in their house about the complainer, once the person complaining goes into their house.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:58 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ULTRA: This device is very similar to the one my neighbor got!!! It did work!!!
Problem is now you'd probably get fined for Illegal Watering of your grass
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte