Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:00 AM

92 posts, read 297,403 times

Advertisements

Anifani you are correct in what you're stating. I actually applied for one thing here and their recruiter wanted to hire me for a switchboard position. I was so insulted by this that I probably went into the initial interview wearing my feelings plastered all over my face. I interviewed with someone who actually took the time to go over my qualifications/experience, what type of position I sought out, etc, and like me she was dumbfounded as to why the recruiter would try to place me as a switchboard operator when that wasn't what I had appled for. She really went to bat for me and got me into the position that I'd applied for. So I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's always great to have a face-to-face meeting. She saw who I was and what I was looking for, corrected a problem with their recruiting system that may not have been possible without talking with anyone. we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_transplant07 View Post
Anifani you are correct in what you're stating. I actually applied for one thing here and their recruiter wanted to hire me for a switchboard position. I was so insulted by this that I probably went into the initial interview wearing my feelings plastered all over my face. I interviewed with someone who actually took the time to go over my qualifications/experience, what type of position I sought out, etc, and like me she was dumbfounded as to why the recruiter would try to place me as a switchboard operator when that wasn't what I had appled for. She really went to bat for me and got me into the position that I'd applied for. So I agree with you wholeheartedly that it's always great to have a face-to-face meeting. She saw who I was and what I was looking for, corrected a problem with their recruiting system that may not have been possible without talking with anyone. we'll see what happens.
I am glad you posted your experience, as I had heard from several people that they had no luck at all w/ the online system, but had been told to go to HR directly - and they had eventually landed jobs. Over the years, I have heard many people say they had no luck w/ the online system, so I was very perplexed - why even have it if it is ineffective?? LOL!!!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM

92 posts, read 297,403 times
Default Best Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaci View Post
Yes, yes, yes!!!! I have never heard of such a thing. I just turned down a job at Carolinas Medical Center because they wanted to pay me exactly what I am making here. Why did I tell the truth on the app, I don't know? I am moving from a small city in Ohio, the cost of living is much lower than Charlotte. I know for sure I would be paying much more for housing there. I told them I just can't afford to make the move. It would be silly of me to move somewhere making the same amount of money but paying more to live there. I see it as their loss, you get what you pay for....
I do hope that things work out for you Maaci. I actually relocated here from the midwest (hence the name) last year and thought it would be easy to get in especially since I came from a medical facility with more advanced programs/systems. I'm sure you possess what they seek in a candidate, but after reading what you've written and what others have posted I think their employment practices/processes are all wrong. They do help in some situations, but please dont tell me that I'd be better at wet mopping the floors instead of obtaining authorizations for services when that's where I have experience.

Last edited by midwest_transplant07; 07-18-2008 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: grammatical error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: