Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times

Advertisements

I honestly am trying to figure out who's at fault here. I don't believe its the individual service stations because if they don't have gas, they don't have it.

Is it the companies who transport the fuel? Is it the oil companies? Is it the speculators?

Truly, I'm not blaming anyone yet because I don't know the answer.

Who started this panic anyway?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:53 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I honestly am trying to figure out who's at fault here. I don't believe its the individual service stations because if they don't have gas, they don't have it.

Is it the companies who transport the fuel? Is it the oil companies? Is it the speculators?

Truly, I'm not blaming anyone yet because I don't know the answer.

Who started this panic anyway?
The media, of course.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:59 PM

89 posts, read 311,874 times
Gee my station is open and the fuel is free. Weird..

Oh yeah, I run waste vegetable oil.. bahahahahaha.. You guys keep eatin chinese food... y'all come back again ya hear? lol..

Americans need to wake up. SUV's are a freakin joke.. Oh I MUST have a SUV with LCD panels for my kiddies so I do not have to talk to them... I am too damn busy to talk to my children I have a McMansion to pay for! And this gas is killing me.. oh oh oh.. and I need a new 52" flat panel TV.. OH and also the newest Ipod so I can listen to my itunes so I can pay apple computer all sorts of money for doing nothing and oh I need a DVR to record my shows cuz I am too busy to watch them when they are on and oh, my electric bill is so high and oh I need my house cooler.. oh oh.. money.. oh oh work work.. oh...

and why do you think your kids are disrespecting the teachers and can't spell?

fools.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 PM

825 posts, read 2,819,312 times
Default You hit the nail on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveupstateny View Post
well, as i've noticed in the carolinas----the communities are not walkable at all and it is very much a car place.......people need a way to get to all the sprawl........I really really wish people would take action to reduce it.
You're right but that's more political will and courage then politicians around here have.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:09 PM

14 posts, read 48,382 times
Speculation is the whole reason why we are paying over $3/gallon as it is.
Speculation - that's all it is.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:43 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchetta View Post

Americans need to wake up. SUV's are a freakin joke.. Oh I MUST have a SUV with LCD panels for my kiddies so I do not have to talk to them... I am too damn busy to talk to my children I have a McMansion to pay for! And this gas is killing me.. oh oh oh.. and I need a new 52" flat panel TV.. OH and also the newest Ipod so I can listen to my itunes so I can pay apple computer all sorts of money for doing nothing and oh I need a DVR to record my shows cuz I am too busy to watch them when they are on and oh, my electric bill is so high and oh I need my house cooler.. oh oh.. money.. oh oh work work.. oh...
I think I have a stalker! Except we opted for a 65" flat panel and not really bitchin about gas prices at the moment.

I'll keep cruisin around in my gas guzzler, roll on!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:44 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyspite View Post
Speculation is the whole reason why we are paying over $3/gallon as it is.
Speculation - that's all it is.
i agree 100%!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:53 PM

70 posts, read 160,194 times
Quote:

Oh yeah, I run waste vegetable oil.. bahahahahaha.. You guys keep eatin chinese food... y'all come back again ya hear? lol..

fools.
This is so utterly perfect.
Oh my aching wallet!
LOVE IT!!!

Old 09-13-2008, 05:25 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm051 View Post
Does anyone else find irony in the fact that the OP was tossing around the term that they couldn't even spell.

Maybe i'm a mean person.

Poor spell check, it's a lost art!
Looks like you know from experience. It is also an irony that you would refer to the OP (singular) as "they" (plural). Your spelling of the contraction I'm with a lower case "i" speaks for itself as well. People make mistakes on the internet. Get over it. Oh yes, why would you possibly use an exclamation mark after art? That is an incorrect use of punctuation. See what I mean?

Old 09-13-2008, 05:41 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,488,479 times
We do have an SUV. We got it in 2003, before gas hit the roof. We have 3 kids and it was a compromise. DH wanted a truck and I wanted a van. If we had it to do over again......but we don't. It is completely paid for and we don't owe on any of our cars.

Dawn

Quote:

fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte