Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:11 AM

307 posts, read 715,410 times

Advertisements

Hi A4, I want to go but I am unsure of the logistics, like some others asked is it just open and you can stand wherever or is it in an arena? I am going to try and find out more info today because the first I heard of it was in this forum.

It's too bad that every thread started so far mentioning Obama attracts a lot of mean and rude comments. I wonder if those people can remember the golden rule and wonder how they might feel if their candidate of choice was speaking in uptown and all everyone did was slam them for asking a question about it.

I know this wasn't suppose to be a political debate but just asking "hey who is going" If I saw a thead like that for McCain I would just ignore it and not even open it. I am not sure why they feel so compelled...

Old 09-20-2008, 07:42 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,314,433 times
I would rather have a colonoscopy...

Old 09-20-2008, 07:46 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,239,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I would rather have a colonoscopy...
Don't worry. I'm sure the next president will arrange that!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 AM

96 posts, read 228,774 times
Default Obama strong? please

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy a4 View Post
Who is going? Oh yeah, this thread is LOCAL!

I RSVP'd today.

Let's do this Charlotte friends

"I will never forget that the only reason I'm standing here today is because somebody, somewhere stood up for me when it was risky. Stood up when it was hard. Stood up when it wasn't popular. And because that somebody stood up, a few more stood up. And then a few thousand stood up. And then a few million stood up. And standing up, with courage and clear purpose, they somehow managed to change the world"
BARACK OBAMA, speech, Jan. 8, 2008
I think it's funny that he talks about standing up when it is not popular, or when it is hard. I'd like to see him take a strong stand, one that isn't popular. I think it's hilarious and a huge contradiction, pop culture hates the war and MTV and all the other lame media thinks Bush was a flop. So you see Obama isn't making any strong stand, or un popular stands to the end the war. He is merely taking a stand that the media has pushed, and one that I think is entirely destructive. I feel that if we pull out of Iraq completely then it be even worse for Iraq. This reminds me of my Aunt, who has a drug addiction. We have payed thousands of dollars to help her rehab, she has OD'd twice and survived both, and she has made 6 attempts to get out of it. The problem with drug addict's is that after to do everything you can to get their body to detox properly, and even helped them to stand for a few months, if you let them go too soon then they will go back to the drugs. My aunt went from speaking about how destructive drugs are and how she is now free to over dosing again. My point and the parallel that I am trying to make is that if you pull out of Iraq it will be like leaving a drug addict too soon, they will return ot their ways and it will only get worse for them. I support having a presence there and helping them stand on their own until they are self supportive, I think this may take up to 40 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte