Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 AM

26 posts, read 162,141 times

Advertisements

Seeing another thread on her about fried chicken had me thinking about wings. I love wings. And i'm particular. I guess everyone is. I'm pretty much stuck on Hooters as my favorite. Yes the wings. The atmosphere is ok, but 75% of the time I usually just pick them up (wings that is). To me it's the breading and the flavor of the hot. There are some other contenders that i like, such as: Little Dooeys (by Concord mills), Wild Wings Cafe (pretty good in Spartanburg, SC) and Lancasters Barbeque (Mooresville). Some that I have had, but were not crazy about: Sticky Fingers (had them in Greenville, SC - maybe it was justthem) and Quaker Steak and Lube (bad experience there and wings seemed tiny to me at the time). Last ones I had were at the Sports Page in Mooresville and really didn't care for them.

So where are your favorite wings? Where are your least favorite? And why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 AM

797 posts, read 3,296,274 times
Love Wing Stop!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Love Wing Stop!!!
Had them when we lived in South Park. Didn't care for them either. Might of been the location.... My most consistent favorite is still Hooters.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:52 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,059,410 times
The ones in my kitchen. I buy the big bag from Sam's Club and Buffalo Sauce from there too. I deep fry them for 18 minutes at 375 degrees and then smother them in the sauce..... the best in town.

OH... and there's a place in Matthews next to Aldi's that has great wings too, but I can't recall the name of it. Anyone out there know it?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:57 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
We were just having this same conversation yesterday around the house.

I like the wings that they make at Mama's Pizza Express here in Huntersville. The wings at Stool Pigeons are really good. I like the wings at Midtown Sundries and Fox & Hound.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Love Wing Stop!!!
We used to love the Carmel Commons location but they have consistently either undercooked, overcooked or not added enough sauce. The staff seems to be indifferent as well.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:04 AM

327 posts, read 1,198,065 times
Without a doubt, I like the wings at Moosehead Tavern near Park Road SHopping Center the best. My favorite are the blackened, but they have plenty of other varieties as well. The only catch is that they are not available during lunch on weekdays. I found this out the hard way a month ago - was very disappointed.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
We were just having this same conversation yesterday around the house.

I like the wings that they make at Mama's Pizza Express here in Huntersville. The wings at Stool Pigeons are really good. I like the wings at Midtown Sundries and Fox & Hound.
Midtown Sundries were ok to me...I don't know if I would of liked them if I wasn't drinking beer too though...lol

Man getting hungry for wings...gotta get some...maybe tomorrow night...

Old 10-03-2008, 11:00 AM

693 posts, read 2,177,016 times
I like WingZone... they have great wings, fried mushrooms....and they deliver.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:03 AM

743 posts, read 2,243,747 times
I actually really like Beantown Tavern in Matthews. I had them once there and they tasted like they were smoked over hickory. But that was only one time, maybe I was craving that and imagined it but they are always great, never had a bad bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte