Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM

52 posts, read 103,555 times

Advertisements

I found a great deal on the Country Inn & Suites hotel in Matthews and was hoping to get some feedback on it. It looks nice, and has the all-important fridge in the room.

We're driving down from NJ at the end of April on a retirement "scouting" mission, and Matthews was recommended as a good base. The hotel is located off I-485 and Highway 74, so seems like it would be convenient for exploring in any direction.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, as well as recommendations for other hotels if this one is lacking in any way. We don't want to spend more than $100 per night, and the Charlotte hotels I looked at were on the expensive side.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 08:34 PM

575 posts, read 1,516,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia561 View Post
I found a great deal on the Country Inn & Suites hotel in Matthews and was hoping to get some feedback on it. It looks nice, and has the all-important fridge in the room.

We're driving down from NJ at the end of April on a retirement "scouting" mission, and Matthews was recommended as a good base. The hotel is located off I-485 and Highway 74, so seems like it would be convenient for exploring in any direction.

Any feedback would be much appreciated, as well as recommendations for other hotels if this one is lacking in any way. We don't want to spend more than $100 per night, and the Charlotte hotels I looked at were on the expensive side.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Stayed there a few times during our house hunting trips. Good value, especially the suite that includes two TV's, fridge, microwave and sink and is roomy for a family of 4. Small pool, free continental breakfast and friendly staff.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:25 PM

540 posts, read 1,707,335 times
stayed there for my house hunting trip in feb '06 - indoor pool was small, but great - not to far from dining, shopping, etc....i love country inns

Old 03-07-2009, 01:30 AM

70 posts, read 195,663 times
We stayed there 3 separate times during our house hunting expeditions. The last time was this past August. It's a nice enough place, we'll never go back though. If you go, be sure to park directly in front of the doors. Don't park anywhere near any landscaping trucks that overnight there, our car got keyed up. I'm sure it was an isolated event, but I suspect the cause was the out of state plates.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:14 AM
tja

17 posts, read 38,887 times
I have stayed there twice and it was great. The breakfast is very good. One time I stayed alone and felt very safe. When we moved here we had to stay for two nights until we coud get into our house and they gave us a dicounted rate. Good luck!

Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM

92 posts, read 274,447 times
twice, house hunting trips in 08 with 3 kids, very clean and friendly staff, very comfortable

Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 AM

673 posts, read 2,682,203 times
Every time my relatives come to visit, this is where they stay, so I am guessing it is nice.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM

575 posts, read 1,516,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
We stayed there 3 separate times during our house hunting expeditions. The last time was this past August. It's a nice enough place, we'll never go back though. If you go, be sure to park directly in front of the doors. Don't park anywhere near any landscaping trucks that overnight there, our car got keyed up. I'm sure it was an isolated event, but I suspect the cause was the out of state plates.
Be glad to know that the person who vandalized your car is probably an angry person every day of its life. WELCOME, from a former out-of-state license plate owner.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM

70 posts, read 195,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Be glad to know that the person who vandalized your car is probably an angry person every day of its life. WELCOME, from a former out-of-state license plate owner.
Thank You!. That incident was the only negative experience we had. We have since moved to Indian Trail from NJ and have met more truely nice people here than we could have imagined. We absolutely love it here.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:45 AM

539 posts, read 1,499,394 times
Stayed there on all of our trips. Quick access to 485. Clean rooms, friendly service and a great breakfast the saves you some $$.
When you come the hotel is slightly set back from 74 and the sign is not great. When you exit 485 onto 74 look for the northern tools on your left(make sure you are in the left lane) and you will turn just before the Northern Tool. Don't worry if you pass it, you can easily turn around just past the Northern tools and make the turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte