Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 AM

36 posts, read 145,621 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We may finally be getting down there mid April to check out houses/jobs from WI - Ive been researching for 2 yrs now! What do you all think/opinions on these subdivisions - Im seeing SO many cheap houses in Curtis Pond but with all the horor stories I really want to stay away from there if possible....

What about:

Brantly Place
The Bluffs
Linwood Farms
Harris crossing
Winborne

I would really like to stay in Mooresville graded school dist too. Coming down with only 1 income so far I would like to stay under $175K or even rent a whole house to start out...cant do apt - we also have 2 little dogs - my daughter will be 7th grade next fall.

Thanks,
Jodi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 12:07 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,379,701 times
Hi Jodi,

Out of all the subdivision you mentioned, only Harris Crossing & Linwood Farms are in the MGSD. I know that's the school district you were looking to stay in.

How much a month are you looking to spend for a rental?

BxRosie

Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks again Bxrosie for the info...I thought the Bluffs was in MGSD also?? I just went off the realtors listing - but they could have been wrong....
If we buy looking to stay at or under $175K if we rent I'd like to stay $1000/mo or under??? dont know if that is possible????

Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 AM

I'm not sure where The Bluffs are. If you really want to rent at first, I'd try one of the older subs, like Allison Park (it's right on 150 btwn 3 & 115) or a rental community. If you're going through a RE agent, they should be able to pull the listings for you.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 AM

279 posts, read 887,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodz10 View Post
Thanks again Bxrosie for the info...I thought the Bluffs was in MGSD also?? I just went off the realtors listing - but they could have been wrong....
If we buy looking to stay at or under $175K if we rent I'd like to stay $1000/mo or under??? dont know if that is possible????
Hi, The Bluffs is a section of Tall Oaks subdivision. It's enrtance is off hwy 801. It is in the MGSD. I would not throw out Curtis Pond so quickly. I know quite a few families that live there who are very pleased. There are some nicely priced homes for sale. Renting for under $1000 should not be a problem.There are a few older subs in the area that seem to get overlooked. Pickwyck Village, The Oakes,Tall oakes, Ferncliff,Fieldstone Road. Get a realtor familiar with Mooresville. One that really knows the area and you should have plenty of choices.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:17 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Brantley Place has had quite a few foreclosures and short sales.

Cedarcroft is another one in the MGSD that is in that price range (there are a few more, but not as nice).

When it comes to the Tall Oaks subs, Tall Oaks and the Bluffs of Tall Oaks are both nice- the Village of Tall Oaks (or whatever it is called) is full of smaller, more starterish homes. It is not as developed- no trees and it just does not feel as nice to me as the other 2 (even though it is connected to the Bluffs and right behind TO). Just my opinion though.

This link was helpful while I was searching for a home: Mooresville Subdivisions (sorry if it violates TOS, but I don't think it does).

Old 04-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Finally made it down here to check out houses. I am a bit disappointed how close the houses are to each other...some very cute houses but right on top of each other??? Linwood farms was nice...but some of the others that looked descent online - werent...... hmmmm and yes there is traffic - is hwy 150 always so nuts???? Maybe because it was a Saturday???? So many stores and places to eat - but almost impossible to get to them with all the traffic...... I do love the weather so far!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:10 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
The trick to Hwy 150 is to use Cornelius Road to the north and Brawley School Road to the south of 150. Traffic goes alot better that way!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Hi Jodi, glad to see you made it down here. Did you bring any cheese curds with you. lol??
Harris Crossing was having a community open house today, did you get a chance to check it out? What subs have you looked at so far??
150 is always packed on a Sat. because of all the stores that can be found on it. Traffic can be a bit daunting, especially near Target & Walmart.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM

6 posts, read 17,275 times
If you will consider Lake Norman schools try Water Oak just off of 150. Thsi is a Sussy Burbank subdivision.These homes seem to be higher quality construction in the 150-250 price range. A lot of the other subdivisions you mentioned are struggling. This is probably why you are seeing lower prices. Remember the best rule of thumb for real estate investing. By the lower end house in the best neighborhood. You get all of the benefits that the highest price homes get also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte