Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Actually it is pretty easy to get around downtown. The "grid system" is easy to navigate and can handle more volume since there are multiple ways in and out. Roads and schools? Please. This project is downtown - you can't even use that argument.
Pssssst!!! Mike!

I love Chicago! I do! If we stacked it and packed it in CLT, I would be fine with it!

It's amazing what you can build into a well planned urban district . . . growth is good, if done properly. I like urban - big city urban! We aren't CHI, we aren't ATL, and we are NYC and we never will be . . . but we can sure expand and grow. It would be awesome to see a Trump building on the skyline.

Last edited by brokensky; 05-01-2008 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Add sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Pssssst!!! Mike!

I love Chicago! I do! If we stacked it and packed it in CLT, I would be fine with it!

It's amazing what you can build into a well planned urban district . . . growth is good, if done properly. I like urban - big city urban! We aren't CHI, we aren't ATL, and we are NYC and we never will be . . . but we can sure expand and grow. It would be awesome to see a Trump building on the skyline.

What? I'm just being honest.

A grid system can handle the traffic much better. I find it a lot easier to go to an event at the new arena downtown because there are multiple ways to get in and out of the area. Remember Tyvola Rd with the old arena? That was a nightmare!

And to stay on topic, the website has been updated with lots of info. It looks very, very cool.

Trump Charlotte

Old 05-01-2008, 05:55 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
What? I'm just being honest.

A grid system can handle the traffic much better. I find it a lot easier to go to an event at the new arena downtown because there are multiple ways to get in and out of the area. Remember Tyvola Rd with the old arena? That was a nightmare!

And to stay on topic, the website has been updated with lots of info. It looks very, very cool.

Trump Charlotte
Well, I wanted to let you know - I agree w/ you 100%. And I know you have spent time in an urban environment . . . seems we can put a WHOLE lot more into uptown and be fine - as you said - we have a decent grid.

I think the changes can be disconcerting to people who have been here a long time. But I really love a big city and to me . . . the more the skyline expands, the better.

Yeah, I looked at the website - neat. I am looking forward to their outlining more of the specifics.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,873,893 times
Let's just hope this goes through, for our local economy's sake. This would bring interest and recognition beyond what Charlotte has seen in the past.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:20 PM

197 posts, read 668,691 times
This news about Trump developing in up-town Charlotte is being going on for a while, probably about two years, and like another poster said it, he back up the deal with his name to make it more attractive to buyers.
I have been in several sales presentation of his proyects and they are very high end and mixed use, such as condo/hotels, residential and proffesional/office, and most of the time they require from 20% to 30% to get in contract or to reserve a unit. Let's hope this type of projects get started soon and the city be ready for it.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 AM

127 posts, read 407,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
Hello again
Here is another article in the Observer, but this time its by Dough Smith!
http://www.charlotte.com/296/story/67036.html (broken link)
And someone had mentioned about his combover (did I spell it right ) well this is a funny story.
http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/67146.html (broken link)
Would totally love to see him getting his hair shaved!

The other night I saw him in an interview in the news and he said he know "leases" his name to developers since his lastname is now a recognizable "brand" in the world. he gets a cut of the profits without doing pretty much anything. Brilliant!
Actually not brilliant, just necessary, since he's declared bankruptcy so many times, banks will not lend him money. It's amazing really how everyone reveres this guy despite the fact that the vast majority of his projects have failed. I really hope he stays out of Charlotte, his Tampa project went bust don't want to see that happen here.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:21 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Why must it be the tallest, I wonder? Hmmm? I have an idea, but I shall keep it to myself. Lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
Actually not brilliant, just necessary, since he's declared bankruptcy so many times, banks will not lend him money. It's amazing really how everyone reveres this guy despite the fact that the vast majority of his projects have failed. I really hope he stays out of Charlotte, his Tampa project went bust don't want to see that happen here.
That tells you how bad the residential real estate market is....Places like Florida, Las Vegas, Phoenix just to name a few are doing awful....

Trump is a brilliant businessman.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:24 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
As an Uptown resident...I welcome any growth and services (retsaurants & shopping, etc) to Uptown.

I think it will be positive for the city!

Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 AM

175 posts, read 546,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
As an Uptown resident...I welcome any growth and services (retsaurants & shopping, etc) to Uptown.

I think it will be positive for the city!

I agree...I am Union County but would love to spend time w/ my family in Uptown on the weekends shopping & having lunch! Now we don't really go unless we have a special event because it is sort of a ghost town during weekend days. Pretty...but quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte