Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM

7 posts, read 12,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
John, that's the typical rudeness I've encountered w/ many New Yorkers...I don't think it's a big loss if she doesn't end up moving here. Funny, they would think Union County or Indian Trail is the image anyone would have of Charlotte.
And they say we're rude?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 PM

First, thank you to all who pointed out the differences between Charlotte, Indian Trail and Waxhaw. I did see Charlotte and yes, it was very nice and I value your advice. To all the others that felt the need to attack me because we didn't feel the Indian Trail or Waxhaw area was the right place for us to live -- WOW! And they say New Yorkers are rude? I did not give my opinion, only stated facts. Sorry if the truth insults you so much. And yes, I do wish someone posted something on a New York or should I say Yankee web page warning me of the nasty, rude southerners I would encounter. Hey, you want to catergorize us, I will catergorize you. Yes, you just confirmed my decision to stay where I am. Just like you wouldn't want me to live near you, I felt the same way which is why I'm back up north and have no plans whatsoever of returning. To the rest of you, once again, thank you and by no means was my post ment to insult anyone. I never called anyone rude or insulted anyone, but yet, some of you felt the need to do so.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,710,164 times
[quote=ohioaninsc;8245010]John, that's the typical rudeness I've encountered w/ many New Yorkers...I don't think it's a big loss if she doesn't end up moving here. Funny, they would think Union County or Indian Trail is the image anyone would have of Charlotte.[/QUOTE[

Well, we must forgive her as it's Easter week and I gave up calling people------------------------------------------------ for Lent.
Beside I'm a New Yorker and part-time CLT resident (?). I even I left out part of my post...I'm sorry we still have you in NY.You see, I'm permitteed to say that because she can't call me a rude CLT person nor a rude New Yorker. It's good to have two passaportas.
je

Old 04-08-2009, 12:49 PM

Aw schucks she posted while I was typing. Well now I'm am depressed she's staying.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM

743 posts, read 2,244,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindygirl View Post
First, thank you to all who pointed out the differences between Charlotte, Indian Trail and Waxhaw. I did see Charlotte and yes, it was very nice and I value your advice. To all the others that felt the need to attack me because we didn't feel the Indian Trail or Waxhaw area was the right place for us to live -- WOW! And they say New Yorkers are rude? I did not give my opinion, only stated facts. Sorry if the truth insults you so much. And yes, I do wish someone posted something on a New York or should I say Yankee web page warning me of the nasty, rude southerners I would encounter. Hey, you want to catergorize us, I will catergorize you. Yes, you just confirmed my decision to stay where I am. Just like you wouldn't want me to live near you, I felt the same way which is why I'm back up north and have no plans whatsoever of returning. To the rest of you, once again, thank you and by no means was my post ment to insult anyone. I never called anyone rude or insulted anyone, but yet, some of you felt the need to do so.
I have tried to keep quiet but yes you did insult me and my family.Indian Trail is a nice place to live and I really enjoy it. Close to the city yet still in the country. If you like city living stay there. I am sorry I have a lot of control over all the stores closing due to the economy and all the builders stopping to build because all of the NY/NJ who cashed out can no longer move due to not selling their homes. So I appreciate your opinion but to say you did not insult anybody is a complete fabrication/LIE. BTW, thank you for your decision to stay on LI, I have to say their are enough neg LI/NY already in the area and we certainly do not need anymore.....

Old 04-08-2009, 02:01 PM

277 posts, read 661,527 times
Quote:
For the benefit of myself and other members, who are former New Yorkers, or maintain multiple mortgages (Staten Island and Indian Trail), can you disclose the town in Long Island you made the comparisons to?

Old 04-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89quattro View Post
For the benefit of myself and other members, who are former New Yorkers, or maintain multiple mortgages (Staten Island and Indian Trail), can you disclose the town in Long Island you made the comparisons to?
op...I wouldn't if I were you.LOL

Smoking can be dangerous to your health.(NY)
Crapping on Indian Trail can be dangerous to your health(CLT)

Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
John, that's the typical rudeness I've encountered w/ many New Yorkers...I don't think it's a big loss if she doesn't end up moving here. Funny, they would think Union County or Indian Trail is the image anyone would have of Charlotte.
Why wouldn't we think that?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,519,093 times
Quote:
Lindy, you are now saying you saw Charlotte and yes, it was very nice. But in your original post, you said you saw Charlotte and it was a dump.

You made it very clear (I thought) that all you had seen were some areas outside of Charlotte and that hit me as funny - thinking a small section of another county was "Charlotte."

I also thought you might like to know that everyone who has responded to your post has moved here from another area except me. I think I am the only native who responded and I wasn't insulted - I just feel like people have unrealistic ideas about what is here . . .So often the people who are unhappy are from LI. I have asked this question b/f - what is it that makes people from LI come here and what is it they hate so much once they get here? I can't figure that one out. And I am not meaning to be insulting at all. I am genuinely curious.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM

A holy hypocrite! People like you tend to bring up religion when you have nothing important to say -- and you can thank the New Yorkers and other northerners for making your place on the map. Im sure Charlotte would be nothing if it weren't for the poor and regretable decisions made by the New Yorkers who chose your god forsaken town to invest in. The poor people can't escape because people realized their poor decision when it was too late and now nobody wants to purchase their good for nothing -- worthless property. And the abandoned stores -- oh well, get used to them because anybody with half a brain wouldn't put a dime more into your cesspool of a neighborhood. There -- I insulted you now. Have a nice day for I'm deleting myself from this blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte