Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,749 times

Advertisements

Anyone searching for incredible Italian Ices and Gelato? You need to travel to Huntersville. These folks have over 80 flavors of "Real" Italian Ice. If you are from the north or you are just curious what the new craze is, you have to go to Heavenly Ices on Gilead Road. It is just west of Rte 77(exit 23) at the Torrence Plaza. They have sugar free and no sugar added flavors, even some are gluten and dairy free. Nice folks and wait until you see their sample sizes.
Oh, and they said that Wednesdays between 12pm n 4pm,they offer $1.00 ices. Great stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,337,266 times
Quote:
Wednesdays between 12pm n 4pm,they offer $1.00 ices. Great stuff!
ok, spam or not, that's worth checking out!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I was in Lorenzos the other dayand they are advertising Italian Ices has anyone tried them?

I was sadly disappointed when I tried Rita's.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:46 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I was in Lorenzos the other dayand they are advertising Italian Ices has anyone tried them?

I was sadly disappointed when I tried Rita's.

I thought I was the only person that hated Ritas. Lol. Everyone else seems to rave about them

Old 07-03-2009, 07:42 AM

285 posts, read 800,546 times
I would just love a marino's in the yellow cup. maybe blue, or cherry, or watermelon

Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,736,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
I would just love a marino's in the yellow cup. maybe blue, or cherry, or watermelon
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you can order them online...if you need the site, let me know.

anyway, one of my coworkers talked about ritas...she said it tasted just like, if not better than the icees she used to get in corona.

i'm from jamaica, ny. i hit her with the . haven't tried it yet, VERY skeptical...but maybe i'll give it a shot before downing it, you know? is ritas good or bad?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

anyway, one of my coworkers talked about ritas...she said it tasted just like, if not better than the icees she used to get in corona.

i'm from jamaica, ny. i hit her with the . haven't tried it yet, VERY skeptical...but maybe i'll give it a shot before downing it, you know? is ritas good or bad?

Well, I got the custard and it tasted like frozen Cool Whip, not rich and creamy like frozen custard should be, but light and airy with a really fake vanilla taste. I haven't had their Italian Ice to be fair.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:40 AM
DV8

30 posts, read 145,538 times
I have not tried Rita's yet.. but as was mentioned it seems everyone loves them. We'll have to see if it lives up to the hype.

Living in Waxhaw there's no way I'm driving up to Huntersville for ice... but if I'm in the area I'll keep it in mind.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rita's is water ice and nothing like what we had in NY. It's a lot more bland IMO. I seem to remember real Italian Ices are made with cream.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 AM
DV8

30 posts, read 145,538 times
^ That's what I'm afraid of. Most people who are ranting about Rita's are either a Rita's fan... or have never had a REAL Italian Ice. We'll see, but my hopes are not high...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte