Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:51 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,751,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggi1 View Post
darn abot the DMV, maybe i should move to SC ,all what I have to do is exchange my NJ license to SC one. Always could move on the boarder SC/NC or get a driver license manual ans study
LOL, I'm 58, so was not thrilled to take the test, either, after so many years. I survived. Now, if you want to look in this area but cross the border to SC, then look at Blacksburg. Kings Mountain goes to the state line & then when you cross it is Blacksburg. A lot of the people from Blacksburg go to the Ingles in Kings Mountain for grocery shopping.

Blacksburg puts you a little closer to Spartanburg for shopping.

Taxes are lower in SC. When you cross the state line on I85, you don't really see a diffference. However, several local roads in Kings Mountain cross the state line & you do see a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 AM

118 posts, read 373,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
LOL, I'm 58, so was not thrilled to take the test, either, after so many years. I survived. Now, if you want to look in this area but cross the border to SC, then look at Blacksburg. Kings Mountain goes to the state line & then when you cross it is Blacksburg. A lot of the people from Blacksburg go to the Ingles in Kings Mountain for grocery shopping.

Blacksburg puts you a little closer to Spartanburg for shopping.

Taxes are lower in SC. When you cross the state line on I85, you don't really see a diffference. However, several local roads in Kings Mountain cross the state line & you do see a difference.
I am 51 years "young" so you understand about the test is scare the living day light out off me.
When I came to America I lived in Huntsville Ala. I had to take a written and driving test. Later my ex got transferrred to GA once more taken test Ohio I did not, PA and NJ I did . Got my american citizenship had to take a test for my Master's degree tests and nothing but tests.
Gosh SC looks so good right now lol
Maybe when I come to NC to check the area out perhaps I will cross the broader to Sc and check it out, like you said it is no different oh gosh what will I do. How big is Blacksburg?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I am 51 years "young" so you understand about the test is scare the living day light out off me.
When I came to America I lived in Huntsville Ala. I had to take a written and driving test. Later my ex got transferrred to GA once more taken test Ohio I did not, PA and NJ I did . Got my american citizenship had to take a test for my Master's degree tests and nothing but tests.
Gosh SC looks so good right now lol
Maybe when I come to NC to check the area out perhaps I will cross the broader to Sc and check it out, like you said it is no different oh gosh what will I do. How big is Blacksburg?
Blacksburg is a large area & seems more rural than King Mountain. There is not a lot of shopping in Kings Mountain, but by the number of SC plates everywhere in town it must be more than Blacksburg.

A young man from Blacksburg has done some work for me, & from what he's told me, I think that you would be better off in King Mountain. If it was just you, I don't think that it would matter, but I think that your grandchildren would get a better education in Kings Mountain.

When you cross the state line on the local roads, you do see a difference.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,569,572 times
Quote:
darn abot the DMV, maybe i should move to SC ,all what I have to do is exchange my NJ license to SC one. Always could move on the boarder SC/NC or get a driver license manual ans study
No offense, but if you are that bad of a driver what makes you think you should have a drivers license w/out a road test? I wouldn't want to drive on the roads w/ a person who couldn't pass it!

Maybe you should take some classes, or get someone to help you brush up on your driving skills?

Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
No offense, but if you are that bad of a driver what makes you think you should have a drivers license w/out a road test? I wouldn't want to drive on the roads w/ a person who couldn't pass it!

Maybe you should take some classes, or get someone to help you brush up on your driving skills?
I understand you completly, I have my license for many many years I talk to people who had to take a written test after so many years and they failed. When you drive so so long like me and suddenly you have to take a test it is scary. I did not say that I would fail, I know how to drive believe me I am not a bad driver I drove in Germany on the Autobahn and you have to now how to drive. If I have to take the darn test of course I will the test no ends and butts.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Blacksburg is a large area & seems more rural than King Mountain. There is not a lot of shopping in Kings Mountain, but by the number of SC plates everywhere in town it must be more than Blacksburg.

A young man from Blacksburg has done some work for me, & from what he's told me, I think that you would be better off in King Mountain. If it was just you, I don't think that it would matter, but I think that your grandchildren would get a better education in Kings Mountain.

When you cross the state line on the local roads, you do see a difference.
thanks again for all the information's I am so confussed right now

Old 08-26-2009, 01:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,845,499 times
Quote:
Learning a new area IS overwhelming, but take your time and start taking notes to help you stay organized. Eventually the picture will become clearer to you .

Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Learning a new area IS overwhelming, but take your time and start taking notes to help you stay organized. Eventually the picture will become clearer to you .
you are so correct I know. I had a culture shock coming from Germany to America but I got used too and after 26 yeas living here it is my home. Thanks for being so nice . i found alot of nice people inhere

Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
You're welcome.

I understand. It is confusing.

I know perfectly well that you can get your license in NC. If you can drive in NJ, you can drive here. It is scary to be faced with a driving test after so many years, but you'll do just fine.

Take your time & look things over. I used Realtor.com & Yahoo Real estate to see what is available. My realtor is licensed in NC & SC, so let me know if you need her services.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
You're welcome.

I understand. It is confusing.

I know perfectly well that you can get your license in NC. If you can drive in NJ, you can drive here. It is scary to be faced with a driving test after so many years, but you'll do just fine.

Take your time & look things over. I used Realtor.com & Yahoo Real estate to see what is available. My realtor is licensed in NC & SC, so let me know if you need her services.
I found houses on Realtor.com nice houses with many acres, I believe I will drive to NC end of Oct . Found hoses in SC. I will check out the area and will talk to people will check out Winstom Salem/Greensboro too. Like I said before this will be my last move; (one more move heaven lol) How hard is to get football tickets ? I am not a Panther fan but I like them better than the Eagles or Jets , but I would like to go a see a game huge football and basketball fan. My NFL team is in Fl. my NBA is in Texas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte