Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:25 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times

Advertisements

I will look into Suncom for a pay as you go plan if I can use it in all 50 states. It looks like you can.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM

525 posts, read 1,803,699 times
I had taht suncom plan with unlimited for 50.00 We had to drop them when we moved to a dead area..we now have Nextel here and really like them.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:34 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Just because a wireless provider has great service, does not mean they should have crappy customer service! Verizon's terrible CS is going to be their demise, unless they get their act together. BTW, this morning's incident is one of MANY negative encounters I've had with a Verizon CSR. I'm really NOT an unreasonable person. Sure, they're very cooperative, when they're trying to sell you, NOT when you have an unresolved issue.Verizon locks you into their contracts everytime you get a new "free" phone. Why do you think they're "free"???
I'd rather pay for my phone and my calls as I use them. Right now, I have to "live out" my prison term......I mean my contract with Verizon.
I'll definitely be looking into SunCom and "the new" AT&T/Cingular. Thanks to all for your advice.

Last edited by stmaarten; 06-07-2007 at 03:08 PM..

Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM

28 posts, read 136,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I actually like sprint, but I would like to switch, however they have myself and about 12 generations after me locked into a contract...
I found this humorous, however a lil trick someone shared w/me was to say that u have moved, change ya billing to paperless/online.. they do not verify that u have moved... google a few areas and see if sprint has service in that area.... key is to find a area where sprint does NOT offer service, locate a address to use in that area and that is what u tell them.... i have moved to 345 Main Street, NM (example)... if they can not offer u service there, then wa-la...your contract should automatically terminate withOUT any hassels......

good luck

I am sprint customer as well......WITH A NICE DISCOUNT.... it never hurts to see if your company is listed as being a discount eligible.... its been 4 yrs since i left that company but i still get my discount they do not verify that either..... i think Chase is a company that gets one of the larger discounts with sprint, hint hint

Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
That is how I feel about Sprint. When I changed my number from a CA number to a NC number they assured me it wouldn't effect anything.....but then they changed my plan (upped it by $20/mo for the same service) AND charged me $600 for early termination fees of my CA plan. I had to talk to people for HOURS to get it all straitened out. Meanwhile I came close to walking back into the Sprint store that had caused the mayham and say a thing or two to the guy who ASSURED me that wouldn't happen!

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Just because a wireless provider has great service, does not mean they should have crappy customer service! Verizon's terrible CS is going to be their demise, unless they get their act together. BTW, this morning's incident is one of MANY negative encounters I've had with a Verizon CSR. I'm really NOT an unreasonable person. Sure, they're very cooperative, when they're trying to sell you, NOT when you have an unresolved issue.Verizon locks you into their contracts everytime you get a new "free" phone. Why do you think they're "free".
I'd rather pay for my phone and my calls as I use them. Right now, I have to "live out" my prison term......I mean my contract with Verizon.
I'll definitely be looking into SunCom and "the new" AT&T/Cingular. Thanks to all for your advice.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:04 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
That is how I feel about Sprint. When I changed my number from a CA number to a NC number they assured me it wouldn't effect anything.....but then they changed my plan (upped it by $20/mo for the same service) AND charged me $600 for early termination fees of my CA plan. I had to talk to people for HOURS to get it all straitened out. Meanwhile I came close to walking back into the Sprint store that had caused the mayham and say a thing or two to the guy who ASSURED me that wouldn't happen!

Dawn
OMG! That's exactly what happened to me with Verizon! After we moved from NJ to NC, I received an OUTRAGEOUS wireless bill. Verizon now claims they it's because I never changed my plan to an upgraded plan and am therefore being charged for overages and ROAMING fees! I did make a phone call to let them know that we were moving weeks before the actual move (why wouldn't I?). For some reason they can't find the recording of that conversation! I can't tell you how pi$$ed I am about the whole situation. They just don't seem to give a d@mn, because they've got me under contract. I have made phone call after phone call only to find out that I haven't spoken to the "correct" person. I have tons of patience, but this is ridiculous. I'm soooo done with Verizon! I would love to just pay the termination fee, but I am too stubborn to give them one more red cent than I have to!!!
Sorry for the rant, but they don't deserve my business!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM

235 posts, read 729,898 times
Quote:
OMG! That's exactly what happened to me with Verizon! After we moved from NJ to NC, I received an OUTRAGEOUS wireless bill. Verizon now claims they it's because I never changed my plan to an upgraded plan and am therefore being charged for overages and ROAMING fees! I did make a phone call to let them know that we were moving weeks before the actual move (why wouldn't I?). For some reason they can't find the recording of that conversation! I can't tell you how pi$$ed I am about the whole situation. They just don't seem to give a d@mn, because they've got me under contract. I have made phone call after phone call only to find out that I haven't spoken to the "correct" person. I have tons of patience, but this is ridiculous. I'm soooo done with Verizon! I would love to just pay the termination fee, but I am too stubborn to give them one more red cent than I have to!!!
Sorry for the rant, but they don't deserve my business!
You have to let them know you are moving? I thought you are supposed to be able to use your verizon cell no matter where you are as long as they have service there? Why did you get roaming charges, we can't change our plan because we have the family plan and my mom is on it. She is staying here....Guess it's time to visit my Verizon store and find out. Just more and more stuff to do before we move at the end of the month,

Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwo418 View Post
You have to let them know you are moving? I thought you are supposed to be able to use your verizon cell no matter where you are as long as they have service there? Why did you get roaming charges, we can't change our plan because we have the family plan and my mom is on it. She is staying here....Guess it's time to visit my Verizon store and find out. Just more and more stuff to do before we move at the end of the month,
I went to verizon already, u dont have to change your number or your plan everything stays the same, u wont get charged for roaming..I have verizon wireless and the family share plan, I just changed it to lessen the minutes and everything stays the same...

It depends on what your plan your on...I have regional long distance included as well as mobile to mobile is free...

Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,509 times
Thumbs down I would Rather Die than return to Verizon...

Quote:
I just can't stand Verizon's customer service anymore. Although their coverage (signal) is great, what good is it when you can't get any clear answers from their customer service dept.? I actually had one of their CSRs tell me this morning to: "call back later, when you have calmed down." It took me nearly 15 minutes to get a HUMAN BEING on the phone, so of course I was upset!
In any case, I'm done with Verizon. I need a good suggestion for a decent wireless provider in Charlotte.
Thanks!
Verizon is the world's worst!

I dropped verizon and am happy with Cingular/at&t...

Old 06-07-2007, 05:20 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ4u View Post
I found this humorous, however a lil trick someone shared w/me was to say that u have moved, change ya billing to paperless/online.. they do not verify that u have moved... google a few areas and see if sprint has service in that area.... key is to find a area where sprint does NOT offer service, locate a address to use in that area and that is what u tell them.... i have moved to 345 Main Street, NM (example)... if they can not offer u service there, then wa-la...your contract should automatically terminate withOUT any hassels......

good luck

I am sprint customer as well......WITH A NICE DISCOUNT.... it never hurts to see if your company is listed as being a discount eligible.... its been 4 yrs since i left that company but i still get my discount they do not verify that either..... i think Chase is a company that gets one of the larger discounts with sprint, hint hint
Well that only works if you move to Europe or will be on the ocean, otherwise most of US is within their coverage area- plus they are wise to it now. That same google search will reveal a sprint csr toying with someone who was seeking advice on how to pull it off.

My issue with sprint is that you need to tell them everything. I needed to tell them I wanted sprint to sprint calls for free, only some plans get the fair and flexible, etc. Plus I caught several mistakes on my bill, in which they were happy to provide a credit. If you change one little thing on your plan it resets your termination date 2 years out from there. Of course, it's buyer beware so it's my fault. I didn't read the 4pt print on the 2.5" wide receipt they print. If you manage the bill and manage them, they aren't to bad. . I'm only really staying with them because my data plan and the service I get is pretty good.

Anyway, I was talking with someone who used to work in sales for alltell. I believe the service you may switch to would consider giving you a credit for the amount that it takes to break your contract. so you pay up front but would supposedly get a credit on your new service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte