Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 PM

22 posts, read 86,127 times

Advertisements

There's so much more to chatt than pizza and burgers and steaks...

Try Blue Plate by Ross's Landing for some stylish dinery eats that aren't too terrible for the calorie-counting crowd.

Bluegrass Grill on Main has what I am willing to say is the most consistently good breakfast in Chattanooga, and Joan Marie will always give you a good recommendation.

Niedlov's beside the Bluegrass Grill has fantastic fresh-baked bread of any variety.

The Curry Pot on Shallowford and Lee is the new Indian restaurant king in town. $6.99 lunch buffet. Huge selection.

I second 212 Market St - all organic, chef-prepared, and not even as expensive as some of those terrible big-box chains (TGIF's etc).

Old Saigon in Hixson is the Vietnamese restaurant I'd recommend. The owner drives to Atlanta to get her produce from the Dekalb Farmer's Market every week - what she doesn't grow herself, that is.

Tony's Pasta in the Bluff View arts district is always busy, and always good. I hear that Boccaccia on S Broad is Italian that's worth the price, but haven't been there yet to confirm. Also try the Acropolis near Hamilton Place for cheaper Italian and Greek - tons of food for a good price.

St John's and The Meeting Place are supposed to be great - haven't gone but there's very well-prepared cuisine, at prices that you could pay every once in a while.

Mudpie has a nice selection, very mixed cuisine styles, comfortable atmosphere.

City-Cafe Diner serves almost everything under the sun, at waffle house prices, and you can't go wrong with their enormous cakes.

I'm sure I missed something somewhere, but I wanted people to see all the great options Chattanooga has created in the last decade or so. Good luck and good eats !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 01:07 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,918 times
Woo Hoo! Sounds great to me!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM

849 posts, read 2,954,477 times
I have to echo McMar, Tridad, and whoever else mentioned it to us. Big River Grille - downtown, microbrewery. If you like a lot of food choices and excellent beer, this is the place.

BIG RIVER - restaurants

Old 04-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the link, Grizz! I didn't realize that is where Rhythm and Brews was located! I still would like to see "Here Come The Mummies"! Do you know if they play there very often?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:50 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,477 times
Hey Kat - I do not know, I wish I were more local! I am sure someone on here knows that answer though.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM

Ok, I'll do some checking also!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:04 PM

184 posts, read 676,253 times
Bluegrass Grills breakfast is delicious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga