Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 AM

323 posts, read 1,159,585 times

Advertisements

Don't worry aout it and do everybody a favor and go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:06 AM

42 posts, read 101,678 times
come on cmm you know he's got a point about the temp workers. Being a temp newhere just makes you the odd man out. Look at ryan from the office. Lol!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 PM

3 posts, read 4,914 times
Stay away from S-D. Look long and hard at Cleveland. Only 18 miles from the industrial park exit, interstate all the way, absolutely beautiful town, and Cleveland City Schools are good. (Bradley County, not so hot). Somewhat cheaper than Chattanooga, lots less crime, and no car inspections.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:02 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee321 View Post
Stay away from S-D. Look long and hard at Cleveland. Only 18 miles from the industrial park exit, interstate all the way, absolutely beautiful town, and Cleveland City Schools are good. (Bradley County, not so hot). Somewhat cheaper than Chattanooga, lots less crime, and no car inspections.
Just curious - what do you have against S-D?

Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM

65 posts, read 189,506 times
Just FYI- The original poster, Cloudwalker, who originally inquired about Soddy has settled in Ooltewah. Right up the road from me!
It's funny all the different opinions! I was told to avoid Cleveland by all costs. Everyone has an opinion! We are happy where we are!

Good luck to everyone! Keep in mind as someone else said that production doesn't begin for a while now!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 AM

323 posts, read 1,159,585 times
I think production starts March 2011.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:47 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,681,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye75 View Post
Just FYI- The original poster, Cloudwalker, who originally inquired about Soddy has settled in Ooltewah. Right up the road from me!
It's funny all the different opinions! I was told to avoid Cleveland by all costs. Everyone has an opinion! We are happy where we are!

Good luck to everyone! Keep in mind as someone else said that production doesn't begin for a while now!
You win the prize! Seriously, there are many good areas of Chattanooga - it just depends on what the person/family is looking for.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 AM

600 posts, read 2,260,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F Moss View Post
Just curious - what do you have against S-D?
Soddy Daisy is truly awful. You have to drive through all the traffic in Hixson to get there, and for what? NOTHING. Too rural. Way too religious. Boring and nothing to do. There are many fine areas of Chattanooga that should be considered first. The downtown area (Southside) and Highland Park are really blossoming now, and getting more expensive as they are so close to downtown. East Brainerd and Ooltewah are perfect. They both are close to the shopping district and are safe. Remember though, VW is only hiring locally for production. They will only hire outside of Hamilton county if they can't fill the jobs with qualified people from here, so don't move here thinking you will get a job, because you may not. Applications were already taken and the window is now closed.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:07 AM

42 posts, read 101,678 times
I agree soddy is too rural of an area for muchof anything. They are not hiring production just in hamilton co. "hamilton county is the target and it goes out from there." Hans Herbert in a news article bout 2 weeks ago. I live less than a mile from the hamilton co line, I'm 30 minutes from the plant. Where I live I am closer to the plant than some areas in hamilton co, soddy included.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM

13 posts, read 47,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye75 View Post

Thank for that post Hawkeye. We have settled. everyone does have their opinions...we were told to stay away from Cleveland too due to lots of drugs. I love the Ooltewah or Collegedale area. Been completely satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga