Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,096,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Sure is. If not that, I would like to find a nice Celebrity or Century.... 1982-86 era.
I would much rather get the Celebrity or Century over the front wheel drive X-body cars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 10,359 times
Default Of course I remember! I have one in the carport now.

I have a 1981 4-door Citation hatchback in my carport. I bought it new and it has been driven daily by me or a member of my family since October 1981 (except for a 6-week period this past summer). It has a 2.6L V-6 engine with only 140,000 miles. I sold it to a Lithuanian college student this past summer who was selling books in the area. She needed more than a bicycle to deliver all the books she had sold and the Citation was the right vehicle (she just happened to ask me if I had a vehicle that I would like to sell to her after I had told her that I didn't need any books). She wasn't a very careful driver and scuffed up the whitewalls and lost one of the wire wheel covers. I told her to call me when she was to return to school in England and I would like to have the opportunity to buy the car back. She said had absolutely no problems with the car, but most of her colleagues had all kinds of problems and bad experiences with vehicles they had bought for the same purpose. They had paid thousands, while I paid her $150 less than what I had sold the car to her. However, I do need to replace the master cylinder now. Anyway, I have put most of the miles on the Citation. I also have a 1987 Caprice Classic stationwagon that was my wife's after she had driven the Citation for its first nine years. My sons started driving the Citation and the Caprice a few years ago and bought my father's first 1983 diesel Suburban. The Caprice has about 250,000 miles on it and the Suburban has over 500,000 miles on it. The guys at the local shop call the Citation 'Ol Reliable', but the Caprice has an even less repair frequency. We have moved from Alabama to Kansas and now I must sell my house, my Citation, my Caprice, and, maybe, my Suburban. If anyone would like to provide a loving home for any of this for a reasonable, yet respectful, exchange, please contact me. [EMAIL="wolfmantoo@msn.com"]wolfmantoo@msn.com[/EMAIL]
Attached are some pictures of the Citation
Attached Thumbnails
Does anybody remember the Chevrolet Citation?-1312.jpg   Does anybody remember the Chevrolet Citation?-1322.jpg   Does anybody remember the Chevrolet Citation?-1318.jpg   Does anybody remember the Chevrolet Citation?-1336.jpg   Does anybody remember the Chevrolet Citation?-1345.jpg  

Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,508,646 times
Wow, great car! I haven't seen an early Citation in such good condition in years. I hope you can find a loving home for it, seems like it's got plenty of miles left.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:53 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
The only Citation I liked was the X-11. It was the performance model, which had a 135 HP V6 going 0-60 in 8.5 seconds (good for the time).

Old 12-08-2009, 03:57 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,096,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
The only Citation I liked was the X-11. It was the performance model, which had a 135 HP V6 going 0-60 in 8.5 seconds (good for the time).

That is a really nice looking car, the notchback Citation's were definitely nicer looking than the hatchback Citation's IMO, that is very good speeding times for vehicles during that era, was this Citation a 1980 or 1982 model (they didn't make the notchback's in 1981)

Old 12-08-2009, 04:37 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,218,445 times
Congrats on such a nice Citation! Its been a while for me as well since I have seen one so nice! Thats a good color as well! It appears to have been well cared for.

The Citation I see all of the time is a good runner, but paint is faded and its dented... its actually the car that crashed into my aunts 2001 Nissan and did $2000 damage.. didnt even scrape the Citation! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmantoo View Post
I have a 1981 4-door Citation hatchback in my carport. I bought it new and it has been driven daily by me or a member of my family since October 1981 (except for a 6-week period this past summer). It has a 2.6L V-6 engine with only 140,000 miles. I sold it to a Lithuanian college student this past summer who was selling books in the area. She needed more than a bicycle to deliver all the books she had sold and the Citation was the right vehicle (she just happened to ask me if I had a vehicle that I would like to sell to her after I had told her that I didn't need any books). She wasn't a very careful driver and scuffed up the whitewalls and lost one of the wire wheel covers. I told her to call me when she was to return to school in England and I would like to have the opportunity to buy the car back. She said had absolutely no problems with the car, but most of her colleagues had all kinds of problems and bad experiences with vehicles they had bought for the same purpose. They had paid thousands, while I paid her $150 less than what I had sold the car to her. However, I do need to replace the master cylinder now. Anyway, I have put most of the miles on the Citation. I also have a 1987 Caprice Classic stationwagon that was my wife's after she had driven the Citation for its first nine years. My sons started driving the Citation and the Caprice a few years ago and bought my father's first 1983 diesel Suburban. The Caprice has about 250,000 miles on it and the Suburban has over 500,000 miles on it. The guys at the local shop call the Citation 'Ol Reliable', but the Caprice has an even less repair frequency. We have moved from Alabama to Kansas and now I must sell my house, my Citation, my Caprice, and, maybe, my Suburban. If anyone would like to provide a loving home for any of this for a reasonable, yet respectful, exchange, please contact me. wolfmantoo@msn.com
Attached are some pictures of the Citation

Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 PM

941 posts, read 3,910,035 times
Color me surprised.

A Citation with shiny original black paint...is this 2009?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,218,445 times
True... it gleams!

Well, I hope if he has to sell the Citation that it gets another good caring home. Imagine owning it since 1981 when it was new and selling it.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:03 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,749 times
How can you not love this.....LMAO!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,137,651 times
The X11 kinda looks like a Malibu coupe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC