Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,212,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
The best looking caddy ever roll out. Just too small for me. Now the STS V is just right. 80k is just too much money for a caddy. I'll rather just buy a Viper or Z06.
Exactly. I'd much rather have a Vette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM

782 posts, read 3,790,255 times
I'm not knocking CTS V owners,nice looking car. I just cant picture a 4 door sedan racing down the street with kids strap down in the car seats.Why not just opt out for an vette?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 PM

807 posts, read 2,516,417 times
I think I would like to have a CTS-V in my driveway!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:58 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
I prefer smaller luxuries and a quiet quiet ride that is a cloud. Not sure what I would get though...
Going by the above criteria, you would probably like the '60s and '70s Cadillacs (as I do). A quiet and soft ride, plush seats and an attractive dashboard. Below is a '69.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Exactly. I'd much rather have a Vette.
Wait...I thought "performance" didn't matter to you but "luxury" did? What "luxury" does the Vette afford over the Caddy? Hmmm...

CTS > 5 series.

CTS-V > M5

Ferrari 599GTB < ZR1

Just learn to accept the company in your homeland - YOUR country of origin and sustinance can now "do that" and get over it.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:24 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,012,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Going by the above criteria, you would probably like the '60s and '70s Cadillacs (as I do). A quiet and soft ride, plush seats and an attractive dashboard. Below is a '69.

VS the same era BMW:

[IMG]http://******************/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/1974_BMW_2002_Touring_Alpina_A4_Clone_Interior_1.j pg[/IMG]

Hmmm, who copied who here?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,212,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
CTS > 5 series.

CTS-V > M5

Ferrari 599GTB < ZR1
I have to laugh at all of these...TOO funny...

Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
I'm not knocking CTS V owners,nice looking car. I just cant picture a 4 door sedan racing down the street with kids strap down in the car seats.Why not just opt out for an vette?
Because 1) this thing will cream a Vette except for the ZR1, and 2) this is an all-in-one package: it will take your kids to school on the weekday and then smack stuff around on the track at the weekend.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
The best looking caddy ever roll out. Just too small for me.
I wouldn't go quite that far. IMO, the Cadillacs with the best styling were the '50s and '60s. Back when they looked like traditional Cadillacs with real overhang (front and rear) and a real grille, among other things. See examples below.

But I do agree that the new ones are too small.

(Images not under copyright.)

Old 01-05-2009, 07:59 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,409,374 times
The CTS-V is a great car, and the styling is controversial (love it or hate it), but just think of the junk GM was turning out just a few years ago. They have regained focus with the V series Cadillacs in particular, not to mention the iconic Vette and even the G8.

Why someone would want a Vette when they care about luxury and looks, however, is beyond me, since there's not too much in the way of luxury in a Vette. The XLR-V, however, is a tad more luxurious.

For me, the CTS-V is just not my style, but I do respect the vehicle and GM's ability to shake things up a bit with that vehicle. It represents a forward-thinking corporate mindset, at least in the Cadillac division, and that can only help GM to regain Cadillac's former position as the standard of the world. That's not just marketing hype, since many innovations can be traced to Cadillacs that are now commonplace, such as automatic climate control, suspension improvements, auto dimming headlamps, electric ignition, night vision, standard power steering across the model range, safety glass way back in the 1920s, air bags (1974 venture with Olds), and the V-16 engine. That's Cadillac, not the fancy Buicks and Olds that they became under corporate structure in the 1980s-1990s. Now, they are returning to their roots, and that is certainly reinvigorating attention to the model range, which is a good thing for the US auto industry. The vehicles are not shared across brands, so that the Buick is not a slightly less fancy Cadillac, but is its own unique vehicle that may be related to worldwide cousins in the GM lineup, but is tailored for the brand. It's a departure, and really sets the stage for what's to come from Cadillac. That's my view of the CTS-V, the XLR-V, and the STS-V, in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC