Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,332,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I have received many comments (reps) regarding the photos of the cars I own.
As I said the last time you complained about this, as long as I don't break the TOS, I will reply as I see fit and if it is relevant to the subject. You are more than welcome to skip right over my posts.
I'm so very glad for you that people like your cars and give you rep points for it. Please, post all you want about your cars in, say, threads you start about your cars or threads about similar cars. But some of us would like to talk about something besides your cars for a change. You might consider showing us the courtesy of not derailing thread after thread toward a discussion of your cars. But I suspect you're too self-absorbed to be able to refrain from discussing your cars at every conceivable opportunity no matter how many people it irritates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM

17,232 posts, read 57,171,959 times
Yo, play nice guys, let's reserve our rock-throwing for the Naderite crowd that deserves it...All of us are part of the CD "car guy" clan, with differing tastes, but we are guys who like and know something about cars, OK? All of us are the guys who post up the answers when people who barely know how to put gas in their ride have problems.

Anyway. I guess I'm kind of weird in that while I don't own either a vintage Caddy or the CTS-V, I can *appreciate* what they are. The CTS would be at least interesting to me with a 5 or 6 speed, I just like a stickshift. Oddly enough I saw one parked and checked it out, a black one, and it did indeed have the stickshift. I'd have to drive it to form a real opinion. If the Cadillac engineers managed to make it ride in some way "like a Cadillac" yet handle well, I'd be impressed. Although at the end of the day, I don't want to spend my $ chasing late models, would rather have a "good" car that's going up in value or at least not losing it (M3, MG-B) or is just plain cheap and isn't going to get any cheaper ('rocco, 87 Camry). But I don't mind turning my own wrenches.

But given a good opportunity to pick up something like Fleet has, if the price was right and condition good, not sure why I would turn it away. And they are Caddys, so not really off-topic, IMHO.

Although who am I to tell you guys what to do?! Just suggestions based on my own opinions, OK?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,466,761 times
All this Caddy vs BMW talk is cracking me up. I hate BMWs for the most part. I also despise Caddy for the most part. But if people want to talk about overall BMW vs Caddy, not just M5 vs CTS-V, we ALL know who the winner is. Caddy FINALLY puts out a sports sedan worth a stream of cat urine, and everybody pops boners. BMW has been fielding F1 engines, participating in the DTM series, WTCC, etc, building phenomonal cars like the M1, M3, M5, etc, etc, when Caddy was rollin out 52 foot long, pillows-for-suspension, La-Z-Boy-recliners-for-seats, white-haired, saggy-old-man tit-Miami-mobiles. Im glad to see Caddy finally put up their gloves, but BMW owns the luxury car segment as far as overall performance and handling goes. Anyone who'd disagree probably doesnt know their arse from their elbow to begin with.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,362,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm so very glad for you that people like your cars and give you rep points for it. Please, post all you want about your cars in, say, threads you start about your cars or threads about similar cars. But some of us would like to talk about something besides your cars for a change. You might consider showing us the courtesy of not derailing thread after thread toward a discussion of your cars. But I suspect you're too self-absorbed to be able to refrain from discussing your cars at every conceivable opportunity no matter how many people it irritates.
Do not tell others how to post on a message board. It is not nice and probably against the rules.
And stop with your inaccurate claims... "thread after thread." Prove it!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
All this Caddy vs BMW talk is cracking me up. I hate BMWs for the most part. I also despise Caddy for the most part. But if people want to talk about overall BMW vs Caddy, not just M5 vs CTS-V, we ALL know who the winner is. Caddy FINALLY puts out a sports sedan worth a stream of cat urine, and everybody pops boners. BMW has been fielding F1 engines, participating in the DTM series, WTCC, etc, building phenomonal cars like the M1, M3, M5, etc, etc, when Caddy was rollin out 52 foot long, pillows-for-suspension, La-Z-Boy-recliners-for-seats, white-haired, saggy-old-man tit-Miami-mobiles. Im glad to see Caddy finally put up their gloves, but BMW owns the luxury car segment as far as overall performance and handling goes. Anyone who'd disagree probably doesnt know their arse from their elbow to begin with.
"52 foot long." Lol. I like that! However, the last truly huge Cadillac was in 1976.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM

782 posts, read 3,792,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Is this experience talking or just magazine talk again.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Do not tell others how to post on a message board. It is not nice and probably against the rules.
Show some common flippin' courtesy and nobody has to say anything.
Quote:
And stop with your inaccurate claims... "thread after thread." Prove it!
OK, fine. Exhibit A is this thread.

Then there's this thread where you tell people that your first car was a 1971 Cadillac. Fine, "your first car and why" was the thread topic. But then you go on for several posts about 70s-era Cadillacs when the thread topic was not 70s-era Cadillacs but "your first car and why."

Then there's this thread about drifting and donuts where you carry on about the shift kits in of your Caddys, oh and you threw in a standard gratuitous picture of one of your Caddys.

Then there's this thread where someone asks if anyone owns a hearse, which you apparently took as an invitation to talk about your Caddy and post pictures of it even though it's not a hearse.

Here you blab about your Caddys and even talking about selling one and buying a different one to replace it in a thread about a 1996 Pontiac failing a smog test.

Believe me, I could go on but I have better things to do with my time.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,466,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booboy View Post
Is this experience talking or just magazine talk again.
Both. IMO, it wasnt until Caddy started offering RWD again and finally some manual trannies again that their pulse even re-started. Remember Caddy's shameful attempt at a luxury "sports" car, the Catera? That was their best offering until the CTS came around, and it was just awful. BMW was soooooo far ahead in the luxury performance category that its still not even fair to compare them.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Show some common flippin' courtesy and nobody has to say anything.
You want ME to show some courtesy? I was not the one who made the rude post in the first place!

Quote:
OK, fine. Exhibit A is this thread.

Then there's this thread where you tell people that your first car was a 1971 Cadillac. Fine, "your first car and why" was the thread topic. But then you go on for several posts about 70s-era Cadillacs when the thread topic was not 70s-era Cadillacs but "your first car and why."

Then there's this thread about drifting and donuts where you carry on about the shift kits in of your Caddys, oh and you threw in a standard gratuitous picture of one of your Caddys.

Then there's this thread where someone asks if anyone owns a hearse, which you apparently took as an invitation to talk about your Caddy and post pictures of it even though it's not a hearse.

Here you blab about your Caddys and even talking about selling one and buying a different one to replace it in a thread about a 1996 Pontiac failing a smog test.

Believe me, I could go on but I have better things to do with my time
Wow... 4 threads out of hundreds! And my posts were all relevant to the thread. Give it up, man!

What's wrong... did a '60s or '70s car run over your foot when you were a child or something?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Like I said pal, I could have gone on and on but I'm not going to sit here and dig through threads all night. The point is made, but you're going to do what you want anyway because you're too absorbed in your cars to give a crap that you irritate the living hell out of others by talking about them endlessly when they have little to nothing to do with the actual topic. Oh, and learn to count to five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC