Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
I get weird vibes from people in Naperville. It's hard to explain.

And why is he wearing shorts in the middle of Autumn anyway? Maybe they don't even notice the cold but still have that goofy smile..
I have worn shorts every day for the last month except for two or three days. If you think the temps in the day have been cold in the last month you need to grow a pair. You are in your early 20's not your late 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,063,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I have worn shorts every day for the last month except for two or three days. If you think the temps in the day have been cold in the last month you need to grow a pair. You are in your early 20's not your late 80's.
I guess you could say I'm in my early twenties. In just one year from now, I will no longer be in the 18-24 year old demographic though.

And I'm already too old to date a 19 year old girl without some people frowning.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:42 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times
Quote:
...And I'm already too old to date a 19 year old girl without some people frowning.
I was "dating" a 20 year old a couple of years ago and I am much older than you.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I was "dating" a 20 year old a couple of years ago and I am much older than you.
And I'm sure a couple women your age saw you two and frowned upon it.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,902 times
Quote:
And I'm sure a couple women your age saw you two and frowned upon it.
Yes, mostly because a younger, more supple girl had replaced them.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
Yes, mostly because a younger, more supple girl had replaced them.
That's not what the twenty year old girl's mother told me!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 PM

73 posts, read 288,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
This is hard to answer for me. I'm 22, and I grew up in Elk Grove Village (or if people ask me where I'm from, I say Woodfield).
If you don't want to live in the city, Naperville would be a good choice, but not number 1 in my books.
Honestly though, I would kill myself if I ended up in Naperville. It's just so...suburban. A bread and butter, cookie-cutter, too convenient, too perfect suburban kind of world.
Naperville constantly gets the term "cookie cutter" thrown around in discussions about it. I don't disagree with that but pretty much every other suburb with the exception of a handful like Oak Park and similar burbs are all cookie cutter as well. That's what suburbs are for the most part, subdivisions and strip malls. Sure some have more character than tohers and some older burbs more so than newer burbs.

I agree more of Naperville is newer stuff near plainfield than the older stuff but there is plenty of character in certain areas of Naperville, people seem to only think about all those newer tract neighborhoods along naper plainfield and rt 59 on the south end of naperville

Old 10-15-2010, 10:24 PM

382 posts, read 824,727 times
Yes, so long as you live on the Northeast Side near the downtown area. Otherwise, Naperville is just like any other sprawl-filled suburb. We have lived in the central part and now the North part and it is like two different cities. We walk everywhere, there are lots of trees, we walk to downtown, etc. My cousin lives in South Naperville in a huge house with no trees and strip malls every 2 seconds. So again, it's location, location, location.

I agree that if you are young and single and don't want to live in Chicago, Naperville is great. However, somewhere like Evanston may have more singles and be more conducive to what you are looking for. I always think of Naperville being for young families. When we lived here before without kids, it wasn't so much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs