Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,650 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be looking for a home within the next year to year and a half and I have started researching different areas. Now, I have read through this forum and I know many people have some bad feelings about Carpentersville but the homes are too large and affordable for me to pass up. I'm not worried about the schools (not yet anyway) and I have been reseaching homes along Randall Rd.

Below is a link to the area I am asking about. Please let me know what you think about the area. The homes are huge and affordable and I know the area around Randall Rd is boobming right now. Thanks.

2514 Quail Cove, Carpentersville, IL 60110 - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Well, you mentioned 'huge and affordable' twice in your post so I guess thats your number 1 criteria. If thats your main desire, I guess you have it covered. The town sucks, the schools are bad,crime is high due to the large amount of illegal mexican immigrants,,,,but you have a big house. This is obviously a newer area of C'ville so it may be better as an investment/resale. A large percent of Randall rd is simply cookie cutter strip malls/sub divisions.But If thats ok for you...ok, alot of people seem to be moving around Randall.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:05 PM

26 posts, read 151,662 times
Default What school district?

Don't go to Carpentersville (please) or Algonquin District 300. I just moved from Algonquin and LOVED our neighborhood. We had an Algonquin address, but attended brand new Huntley schools on Square Barn Road which were fabulous. Check out Wynwood Builders (Terrace Lakes subdivision, Terrace Hill is older) off of Square Barn--very close to where you are looking. The houses are bigger, well built and actually have some character. 1/2 acre homesites for all with a few more trees than in most newer neighborhoods. Great schools, close to shopping, library is walking distance. I think they are also building a community pool close to there. Also, the Coves subdivision (next to Terrace Lakes) is nice if you like big houses and have a lot of money to spend.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:01 PM

356 posts, read 542,718 times
If you want Wal-Greens, Jimmy Johns, Dunkin Donuts, Nails, and Pet Doctor as your neighbors than go for Randall Road. Most people don't care for the traffic, a street wiht a doble yellow line down the center,-much less a median strip, but everybody has their idea of what's right for them.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:15 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,776,274 times
a gal that grew up in my neighborhood moved to Carpentersville when she got married.

when she moved back to town here, she said she had the hardest time selling her house just due to the zipcode.

she stated they moved there to begin with because the homes were reasonably priced ... but if she "knew then what she knew now" they never would have moved there.

it may be a newer neighborhood with nicer homes, but i think Carpentersville has sorta of a "stigma", just like "Aurora", "Joliet" and "Elgin"

some folks wont even look at them because of the reputation of the town... and that's not to say there are not nice/safe parts of town, but when you also have to take the schools and crime into the consideration ... the cost of the home isn't the only factor.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM

7 posts, read 48,043 times
you would really like gilberts. my boyfriend lives there, its right off randall road and near carpentersville (literally 5 mintues) and its pretty much all new subdivisions, cheaper huge houses.

Good Luck

Old 12-14-2007, 11:53 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Well, you mentioned 'huge and affordable' twice in your post so I guess thats your number 1 criteria. If thats your main desire, I guess you have it covered. The town sucks, the schools are bad,crime is high due to the large amount of illegal mexican immigrants,,,,but you have a big house. This is obviously a newer area of C'ville so it may be better as an investment/resale. A large percent of Randall rd is simply cookie cutter strip malls/sub divisions.But If thats ok for you...ok, alot of people seem to be moving around Randall.

That's really not a fair thing to say. Crime is bad, let's blame it on the illegals. I cannot stand that kind of generalization.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
That's really not a fair thing to say. Crime is bad, let's blame it on the illegals. I cannot stand that kind of generalization.
Too bad, I live close by, that IS what happened in that town. Read the news.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,626 times
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/Carpentersville.Illegal.Alien.2.332603.html (broken link)

Old 12-15-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/Carpentersville.Illegal.Alien.2.332603.html (broken link)
Thanks for adding the link SBD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs