Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 01:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,247 times

Advertisements

i found a completely remodeled townhouse in beaconridge i was considering putting an offer on. I found alot of bad reviews on that neighborhood saying it was full of gangs and drugs, but they were all 3+ years old. i cant find anything recent. is that area really that bad? im currently expecting, but we dont plan to live there for longer than 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 02:31 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenietinytila88 View Post
i found a completely remodeled townhouse in beaconridge i was considering putting an offer on. I found alot of bad reviews on that neighborhood saying it was full of gangs and drugs, but they were all 3+ years old. i cant find anything recent. is that area really that bad? im currently expecting, but we dont plan to live there for longer than 5 years.
Have you considered calling the Police Department and asking them?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:28 PM

588 posts, read 1,799,699 times
Teen, I replied to your PM.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:05 PM

5 posts, read 8,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedimon View Post
I moved to Bolingbrook 2 months ago to the notoriously bad beaconridge neighborhood. In my opinion this area is safer than any neighborhood in Chicago proper. I walked around at night and the only thing you should be afraid of is stepping on a skunk, which are like everywhere. I think Bolingbrook gets bad reviews mostly because of history. Consider this - for 70,000 city Bolingbrook gets on average 1 homicide per year, which is better thank US average.
Completely agree! Bolingbrook is great. I don't know where people think we have "bad" areas. This must be from many years past because the Bolingbrook of today is a very nice place to live.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:53 PM

16 posts, read 23,849 times
Yeah Bolingbrook and Romeoville get a bad rap. They are no different from many other towns in that there are good areas and areas that are not as good. If the schools do not affect you that is fine but remember that may be a criteria for someone in the future when you try to sell. I checked and there are currently 16 attached (condo/townhouses) in Bolingbrook for sale under $100k. There are a few which are short sales and will take longer than a traditional sale. Looking over the options there are some decent looking properties. There are also two attached properties in Romeoville under the $100k mark. One of which is a short sale. Personally I would prefer Bolingbrook because of the amount of shopping, restaurants etc that are close by. There is a decent looking townhouse in Plainfield that is at $94k and is a foreclosure which looks in good shape. The association dues are cheap $70 and the taxes are pretty low as well. Might be an option.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:53 PM

217 posts, read 581,061 times
neither!

Old 01-15-2016, 07:39 PM

79 posts, read 129,099 times
If you absolutely have to pick between the two, bolingbrook is a better choice. The area by IKEA is excellent.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
I am a Realtor, I like both Bolingbrook and Romeoville. You should get a feel for both areas before making your final decision. In fact, neighborhood feel is important regardless of where you purchase. I usually tell buyers to drive around different neighborhoods; look around and talk to the neighbors. School districts and neighborhoods change over all of the time. In popular areas such as the West and NW Suburbs, the taxes tend to be higher.

I always tell buyers in the suburbs three things to consider taxes, associations, and schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs