Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:09 PM

332 posts, read 632,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I sincerely hope your safety and that of your family is not compromised by your repeated associated with people that operate outside the protection of the law. Nothing personal, but if you're toking up in a rental I own or near my home I am going to call the police. I don't need some "drug deal gone wrong" ending up in me having to re-drywall over the bullet holes...
Gee...you got me all figured out don't you? I chipped in to buy herb once in my life...about 13 years ago in college. Other than that...if I happen to acquire it somehow, it is certainly not from someone questionable. But you go right on living in your narrow-minded four-walled world and obey every law in the books if that is what makes you a happy citizen.

I will raise my family by telling them the truth about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, while at the same time telling them about the blatant misrepresentations and lies that have been perpetuated upon the American people (and consequently the majority of the world) about the real reason cannabis/hemp was put back under prohibition in 1937.

Do the names DuPont (chemicals), Hearst (newspapers), and Anslinger (founder of the DEA) ring a bell to you? Their greed, fear, and racism, along with the majority of today's politicians’ unwillingness to stand up for what is right, keeps funeral parlors in business. Oh...and I shouldn't leave out the pharmaceutical companies, who certainly are happy that cannabis remains illegal.

Each time someone dies due to a drunk driving/alcohol related incident, an OTC/Rx/unregulated hard core drug overdose, and the granddaddy of them all...a tobacco related fatality, you keep on asking yourself if Uncle Sam has got everything right in this country.

Now if you'll excuse me...I have to relieve my wife of toddler/child washing duties, so we have plenty of time to read to our children before winding down with a bit of herb and a DVD perhaps.

- 35 year old MWM (w/ Masters Degree)

Old 04-05-2008, 06:31 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
I don't see this going anywhere. If you all want to debate the politics of our country's drug policy, the politics forum is the place to do that.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs