Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,773,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
The redneck neighbor just got a car and a tractor reposessed last week. Hopefully he is on his last leg (financially) and cannot afford to counter whatever legal injunction me and the other 15 houses on our street file to stop him.

What's with the Redneck nonsense? So are you as racist as you are classist?

Why don't you just mind your own business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
http://www.lakecountyil.gov/Planning...Facilities.pdf

Old 04-09-2009, 05:42 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,852,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
What's with the Redneck nonsense?
I suppose the original poster wouldn't mind the cell tower so much if the neighbor was of a higher social standing. First it was the tractor on the property, now its the cell tower.... There goes the neighborhood!

How big are these lots in question? 250 feet from my front door would put the tower four houses away. If my lot was as big as these sound, I'd jump at the chance for an easy $1500 a month.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,361,273 times
irishtom are you a troll or something?

That is the reason you must go over the zoning in your area with a fine tooth comb - really unbelievable to find what is allowed. Esp. in unincorporated areas - mostly anything goes. (at least in our county) and there isn't jacksquat you can do about it. The county tries to pass lame-o "ordinances" that really are unenforceable because of the lax zoning. This is a personal mission of mine to let people know this since residents of our area have been continually affected by bad and inappropriate zoning.

And anyway, if you try and complain about the cell tower, be prepared for your neighbor to retaliate against you in some way. Maybe not so savory. Keep your complaints to yourself and keep them anonymous. And if you have anything suspicious and mysterioius happen to your property, etc. Keep a record of it. If he is a NFH (neighborfromhell) like this can do. We have had this happen to us... I know.

I would try and fight it, but honestly your zoning puts you behind. Like I said before, they have put cell towers in the middle of an unincorporated area near me in Kane county.

Good luck.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:41 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,773,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
irishtom are you a troll or something?
No, I'm plain spoken and opinionated. Have I told any lies or said anything outrageous just for shock value? If so that would be trolling.

This situation IS capitalism in action. Calling someone a Redneck IS offensive and an ad hominem argument. And the OP SHOULD mind his own business. No trolling.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:46 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,613,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I suppose the original poster wouldn't mind the cell tower so much if the neighbor was of a higher social standing. First it was the tractor on the property, now its the cell tower.... There goes the neighborhood!

How big are these lots in question? 250 feet from my front door would put the tower four houses away. If my lot was as big as these sound, I'd jump at the chance for an easy $1500 a month.
I don't care about him having a tractor. I have 4 tractors, including a classic '52 Ford. The fact is that this guy is wants to put a big, ugly tower that emits radiation 250 feet from my house.

Too bad for him it will never happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
No, I'm plain spoken and opinionated. No trolling.
That means you too...

Old 04-09-2009, 08:53 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,646,576 times
Everyone wants the modern conveniences but nobody wants to deal with the possible consequences and have a cell tower somewhat near their house.

What a crock of crap.

Deal with it or move to Alaska.

I live in Chicago and there is cellular equipment less than 250 feet from my apartment building. There are hundreds of thousands of people that are in this situation in the Chicago area.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,613,076 times
Smile Village of Hawthorn Woods has come to my rescue!!!

Even though I am unincorporated, just like my "redneck" neighbor, both our properties are contiguous to Hawthorn Woods.

The Village of Hawthorn Woods hates cell phone towers.

-They have a quasi-eminent domain power to incorporate any property within 1.5 miles of its village boundaries that wants to put up a cell tower, in order to prevent the tower from going up. (Proposed cell phone tower is 0.25 miles away from Hawthorn Woods)

-They have a long history of ruining people's livelihoods over small disputes like cell phone towers, illegal dumps, and environmental/water drainage issues.

(We just alerted Hawthorn Woods today of my neighbor's intentions - they had no idea but I got the impression they were going to work on stomping on my neighbor's plans.)

Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,258,652 times
The computer you sat in front of to type this crap emits radiation. So does your TV. So does the cell phone you hold up to your face to make phone calls. Cell phone tower paranoia is asinine. Awesome job getting the government involved in your neighbor's business. Expect he'll return the favor some day.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,038,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The computer you sat in front of to type this crap emits radiation. So does your TV. So does the cell phone you hold up to your face to make phone calls. Cell phone tower paranoia is asinine. Awesome job getting the government involved in your neighbor's business. Expect he'll return the favor some day.
Paranoia is asinine by its' very definition. However, the fact that office equipment such as fax machines and computers can cause adverse health reactions such as heartburn is no laughing matter. People like to spout off in a cocky manner to cover for the very fact that they don't know much regarding the topic at hand. The bottomline is EMR can cause adverse health affects, such as heartburn, if one is exposed to them for prolonged periods of time. And yes, computers do emit electromagnetic radiation. Moderation is key, even when it comes to sitting in front of a computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs