Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM

400 posts, read 957,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownperson View Post
I was illustrating the lunacy of your logic by applying it to an "extreme" example... It's really pretty obvious.

I was responding to your illustration of extreme examples to show how dumb that is as well. Good response to a discussion. One liners.
A city data forum specialty. And not a substitution for a real discussion or argument.

Example of a discussion with chitown person

Person One - Blah blah blah
few paragraphs

Chitownperson - Blah blah blah
few paragraphs/sentences

Person One - Blah blah blah
few paragraphs

then Chitownperson - One Liner iteration of failed argument (fake checkmate???)

Oops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 09:48 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,786,096 times
XX, my paragraphs, and there were quite a few of them despite your lame attempt at white washing, were obviously lost on you, so you get a few "one-liners", which were, again, lost on you. What's the point in typing all these words if you either can't understand them, or you choose to change their meanings and contexts to suit your agenda?

And then your pathetic attempt to mischaracterize the back and fourth with the above... yes, it's much easier to not acknowledge reality, and what actually happened. Seems to work well for you with RP.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
XX, my paragraphs, and there were quite a few of them despite your lame attempt at white washing, were obviously lost on you, so you get a few "one-liners", which were, again, lost on you. What's the point in typing all these words if you either can't understand them, or you choose to change their meanings and contexts to suit your agenda?

And then your pathetic attempt to mischaracterize the back and fourth with the above... yes, it's much easier to not acknowledge reality, and what actually happened. Seems to work well for you with RP.
Why obviously lost on me? You arent proving your argument. But thats good, Im glad your happy with your "victory" that you can visualize inside your head. Well now you are simply calling this and that pathetic.

Maybe if I write something in your own language you can understand(condescension).
Internet discussions dont seem to suit you, because you dont like criticism or challenge so when you are challenged you mock someone and put them down, show me how that wins debates anywhere?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
Why obviously lost on me? You arent proving your argument. But thats good, Im glad your happy with your "victory" that you can visualize inside your head. Well now you are simply calling this and that pathetic.

Maybe if I write something in your own language you can understand(condescension).
Internet discussions dont seem to suit you, because you dont like criticism or challenge so when you are challenged you mock someone and put them down, show me how that wins debates anywhere?
I already gave you examples you asked for... But the irony is that I never viewed this as a contest, while you obviously do. You'll defend RP to any critique despite how true it may be.

You are that one who can't take criticism, you already proved this with you blind defending of Rogers Park. It's telling of you when you complain about someone 'mocking' you when you 'mock' others. You may want to take a look in the mirror before getting trigger happy without the allegations again.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I already gave you examples you asked for... But the irony is that I never viewed this as a contest, while you obviously do. You'll defend RP to any critique despite how true it may be.

You are that one who can't take criticism, you already proved this with you blind defending of Rogers Park. It's telling of you when you complain about someone 'mocking' you when you 'mock' others. You may want to take a look in the mirror before getting trigger happy without the allegations again.
Im not blind defending Rogers Park. Basically a discussion with you only goes so far then its one liners. I like criticism but after awhile you are just stating what you believe and thats fine. Anything of value which has been discussed is now lost. How many times have you talked about how you have shown examples? Examples of what? You may deny that you view this as a contest but its very obvious that how you respons that you do. You reached a certain point where you just become snide but there is nothing to back it up.

We are discussing a past discussion we arent really talking about anything anymore. Fun stuff...

New example.

Person One - Belief (explanation)

Person Two - Response to Belief (explanation)

Person One - Response to Response to Belief (explanation)

Person Two - Retort

Person One - Why Retort?

Person Two - Another Retort...

And so on.

Person Two equals chitownperson

Last edited by xavier xerxes; 11-22-2011 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier xerxes View Post
Im not blind defending Rogers Park. Basically a discussion with you only goes so far then its one liners. I like criticism but after awhile you are just stating what you believe and thats fine. Anything of value which has been discussed is now lost. How many times have you talked about how you have shown examples? Examples of what? You may deny that you view this as a contest but its very obvious that how you respons that you do. You reached a certain point where you just become snide but there is nothing to back it up.

We are discussing a past discussion we arent really talking about anything anymore. Fun stuff...

New example.

Person One - Belief (explanation)

Person Two - Response to Belief (explanation)

Person One - Response to Response to Belief (explanation)

Person Two - Retort

Person One - Why Retort?

Person Two - Another Retort...

And so on.

Person Two equals chitownperson
The way you twist my posts to suit your inability to respond to their content about Rogers Park only shows YOUR inability to come up with a substantial argument. You talk about your willingness to discuss, and then you pull out these over-generalized characterizations...

What examples? How quickly we forget... I talked about, and gave details about the living room shooting (you weren't convinced, since YOU didn't know about it). Accused me of not providing "specific" examples, os I gave a bunch of links to other documented recent shootings in Rogers Park... you were still unable to acknowledge there significance ("blind"), and brushed them off as having nothing to do with "regular" people...

See, I am all about discourse, but it's lost on you because even when I bring up examples (that you demand), all you do is carry on with your party line. If there is anything to be lost in this discussion, you need to take a look at yourself.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
What do you experts think of the area near Ashland and Albion, and walking to the Loyola stop?

Old 10-13-2015, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,733 times
Default Are you kidding

Quote:
XX, It's one thing to give advice on YOUR perception of crime and gentrification, but it's another thing to give a false sense that crime is not an issue and the lady will be fine, when this lady is obviously concerned about safety.

It's also a bit insulting to suggest that people who don't want to move to RP due to crime are gutless... Some people just don't want to have to deal with the level of crime in places like RP, and it has nothing to do with having guts... It's about the quality of life. And why should "young respectable women" be the guinea pigs for gentrification? Yes, if you can't afford to live in lakeview, then you have to live within your means, but there are affordable options in some of those areas you mentioned. Not everything in RP is such a great deal.

It's obvious that you have an agenda with making RP seem attractive... the next new whatever... and I understand it, as you own property there and probably want to feel like you jumped on the new boeing jet as oppose to Titanic... but let's keep YOUR perception and cheerleading in context, so this lady can get a more objective idea. How would you feel if she moved to RP and ended up being the victim of some crime in some area you painted as nothing to worry about?
JUST for your info, their are parts of rp that are bad, but its not all bad.. Some of the things you said were genrealy offensive, I have lived in rogers park a long time as a woman and I have been fine, walking home, to the store, with my friends and going shopping. Honestly you insult me by saying that. Only some of rp is bad. West and around Howard. THat shouldn'd define a whole comminuty. I know I could never afford lakeview. Its such a beautiful place. I know a friend who used to live at Greenview and Pratt, and she said her exprience was BETTER THAN WHEN SHE LIVED IN ANDERSONVILLE AND LINCON SQUARAE! I love rp ecause its diverse and honestly, nothin has ever happen to me in rp, but i did have something happen to me in LAkeview.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,733 times
ITs ally not bad

Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Dont live by the Morse Hellhole and also the Juneway Jungle.

When i was asking people about where the best part of Rogers Park is - around Sheridan Rd, they said dont go north of about 7000 North. Has that area improved?

Also, west Rogers Park seems nicer like west of Western Ave.

Also, if you drive by some of the streets, you will see for yourself if the streets are looking too rough for you. I went apartment hunting by 7200 North and i did not like it. it felt to me too rough and busted up. one apartment building has busted up windows and looked very unsafe. you will get the feeling when you drive thru and see how safe or unsafe you feel. many apartment buildings look nice, but may not be safe. you gotta see for yourself and look to see if you see a lot of people just hanging out in that way that does not look safe. ok make fun of me, but its what you have to do when trying out a neighborhood. see for yourself at different times of day. like Saturday night around 8:00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago