Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2011, 05:59 PM

90 posts, read 246,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Lundegaard View Post
Yep, a man was shot in the head at State and Wacker around 5:00 p.m. today. Article here: Gunman sought after man shot in head on State Street bridge - chicagotribune.com

This, coupled with the 6-year-old girl who took a stray bullet and died in Englewood yesterday, is making me think it's starting to get bad. But don't worry, I'm sure that the police will tell us that crime is actually down as compared to previous years, thus we should all rejoice.

This.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
He will say this is the fault of the federal governments policy towards the second amendment. Don't you know black and brown people are being killed because of our constitutional right to bear arms?
A lot of NRA members just so happen to be white and Republican. Why is this? You think that black Democrats living in high crime areas aren't registered gun owners too..?

Your sarcasm is confusing because you're sarcastically saying something that no one really believes. No one believes that violence in the ghetto is a product of the second amendment. Gun rights don't kill people. Guns kill people (just as shovels dig dirt and mops clean floors.)

Besides. It's not illegal to own a gun. Many Americans legally own guns therefore the Second Amendment is very much alive and well. Why is it that the same people who are against background checks when buying guns ALSO want stricter regulations for immigration? They want less paperwork if you're seeking a gun in American but more paperwork if you're seeking citizenship in America. Think about it, NRA people. Do you really want illegal Mexicans and black men with criminal records buying guns legally like you? So why do you want to get ride of background checks? The NRA is a walking contradiction..

Last edited by urza216; 08-08-2011 at 06:53 PM..

Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM

427 posts, read 463,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Your sarcasm is confusing because you're sarcastically saying something that no one really believes. No one believes that violence in the ghetto is a product of the second amendment. Gun rights don't kill people. Guns kill people (just as shovels dig dirt and mops clean floors.)
I only repeated what the Chicago chief of police said. Obviously you have never seen the video or read about it. Special attention to 1:18-2:14:

‪Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy on "Gun Control"‬‏ - YouTube

Top cop Garry McCarthy likens federal gun laws to

Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 AM

101 posts, read 114,239 times
This has been going on for decades now.

The difference is that the thugs have descended upon Lakeview, Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. The yuppie enclaves are no longer protected from the dead zones.

Belmont/Clark is actually pretty scary at night after dark. Gangs of thugs are ruining that neighborhood.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas101 View Post

The difference is that the thugs have descended upon Lakeview, Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. The yuppie enclaves are no longer protected from the dead zones.

Belmont/Clark is actually pretty scary at night after dark. Gangs of thugs are ruining that neighborhood.
Too bad you don't live here, because I'd probably suggest some pretty good intersections you could hang out around so I wouldn't have to see you on these boards anymore.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Too bad you don't live here, because I'd probably suggest some pretty good intersections you could hang out around so I wouldn't have to see you on these boards anymore.
I used to live on W. Briar Place (just south of Belmont/Clark) and that whole area is turning to crap after dark.

Lakeview is rapidly going downhill. Still good during daylight, but the thugs come out at night.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
anyone who finds Belmont and Clark scary at any time of day has a massive vagina.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
anyone who finds Belmont and Clark scary at any time of day has a massive vagina.
Riiight, especially the various folks who have been randomly shot, stabbed or otherwise physically harmed in this vicinity.

But I'm sure they're all just making it up...

Lakeview Shooting Leaves Man Critically Wounded

Updated: Thursday, 15 Jul 2010, 6:47 AM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 4:33 PM CDTSun-Times Media Wire
Chicago - A man was critically wounded in a Wednesday afternoon shooting in the Lakeview neighborhood.
The shooting happened about 3:45 p.m. in the 3900 block of North Broadway, according to police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala.
The victim, a 38-year-old man, suffered "a couple gunshot wounds to his back," Zala said.
The man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in serious to critical condition, according to Fire Media Affairs spokesman Quention Curtis.
Belmont Area detectives are investigating.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:02 AM

994 posts, read 1,830,956 times
Quote:
Riiight, especially the various folks who have been randomly shot, stabbed or otherwise physically harmed in this vicinity.

But I'm sure they're all just making it up...
Or you are just a wuss. Quit acting like its something that happens all the time, because it doesn't. Do you even live in Chicago anymore? Where the hell is it that you even live? Because if you don't you have some sick obession with the city, that not even a Chicago fanatic could have.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:21 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,471 times
Quote:

+1

I live at Belmont and Sheffield and Lakeview is literally "under attack" by the thugs. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it almost feels like it is being coordinated somehow; like the gangs are specifically targeting Lakeview (specifically Belmont and Clark).

During the daytime, it is fine. But at night, you can barely leave your apartment now after 10pm...yes, it is THAT BAD.

Things have gotten better the past few weeks; the police stepped up the patrols and now Halsted is doing much better (although there have still been some problems recently). But now the thugs are targeting the side streets, away from where the police normally patrol (although we are trying to get the police and the dog-walking groups to patrol there now too). There have been numerous muggings etc along Melrose and School Street, as well. Plus, there was a rape at Southtport and Wrightwood down in Lincoln park, right on the sidewalk at 3am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago