Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 AM

89 posts, read 172,657 times

Advertisements

I stayed in the business district downtown Chicago, I stayed in the hotel with the restaurant connected to it, and a potbellys next door and a coffe shop accross the street. Hope someone can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 PM

5 posts, read 28,931 times
Have anything else to go by?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM

2,474 posts, read 4,166,049 times
What's the hotels name? Look at yr credit card bill if you forgot.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM

204 posts, read 911,659 times
There are at least 5-10 different potbelly's within the loop, assuming that's where you stayed, and probably 30 to 40 hotels, many with connected restaurants. One thought was Cibo Matto in the Wit (it closed 6 months ago) and was across from a Potbelly. Also, maybe Atwood Cafe in Hotel Burnham?

How long ago was your stay? Did you stay in the Loop? Was it a luxury boutique hotel, a Chain, what age was the building? Was it close to the Chicago River? Was there a lake view from your room? What type of Food did the restaurant serve? Was the interior older or newer? What kind of coffee shop? Independent? A chain like Starbucks? Old fashioned coffee shop that serves food served by a waitress?

I agree with the suggestion to look on your credit card bill. Did you correspond via email with the hotel? You could check your past emails.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:03 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,198,352 times
I simply adore mysteries

Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,173,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk1969 View Post
I stayed in the business district downtown Chicago, I stayed in the hotel with the restaurant connected to it, and a potbellys next door and a coffe shop accross the street. Hope someone can help.
What kind of restaurant, why style did the hotel have (modern, vintage, basic business?)

There isn't a hotel that exactly meets your description, however The Wit would be close, with two restaurants: Cibo Matto and State/Lake. The Hyatt Regency would have Stetson's Chop House in it. The Marriot Downtown has restaurants called Harvest, and Rush. There are probably others. The La Quinta hotel at Franklin/Madison also might meet your criteria except that I don't think it has a restaurant right inside it - although there are many nearby.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:36 AM

My stay was about six years ago, there was a hair salon
Across the street.if you were not dress up you had to eat up front where the window, people walking by could see you. I'm sorry I don't have much to go on, the good was great,y ticket was over a hundred$

Old 03-05-2012, 08:18 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,989,184 times
why do you need to find this place after 6 years??!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM

I will be in Chicago this summer, wanted to go to the restaurant.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM

204 posts, read 911,659 times
Restaurants come and go pretty frequently, so there's a good chance a restaurant open 6 years ago doesn't exist anymore (or it may have gone downhill or have a different chef and menu). What kind of food did they serve? Any ideas about decor? Most of the information you've given (including price point and description) is still fairly vague and doesn't really help separate it from the many restaurants downtown. Are you sure it was in the Loop? Was it in River North? Someplace else?

The beauty shop and coffee shop may also have closed in that time period so they may not be the best identifying landmarks. What kind of hotel? Modern/Traditional/Old/New/Large/Small/rundown/luxury? What did you eat at the restaurant? Was it a Steakhouse? Was it Italian? French? Something else? Most of the suggestions given by myself and the other posters don't really apply (I don't think Cibo Matto was open 6 years ago, closed now anyway).

Even if it doesn't exist, there are plenty of excellent restaurants in this city, many opened since you were last here. Try Yelp or another restaurant rating site to find something else if you can't find your other restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago