Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
How's it outside now, Mr. Positivity? Or for the last few weeks?
Just giving an honest assessment, based on my personal opinions. I've lived all across the country, in the North, South, and East. I've lived in all types of weather conditions. I can name where you want to go to live in areas with beautiful weather, and where to go where you won't enjoy the weather so much. And Chicago, by admission from many of its natives, does not get a spring or fall. Majority of March and much of April and even some of May was cold last year. And then it quickly jumps to hot and humid. No inbetween time.

If you don't like my opinions, you can ignore me. But I think outsiders deserve to get more than one opinion before making the move to Chicago, because if you aren't used to this area then you may not like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 05:52 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Your opinions are fine. They're yours. Not mine. I just notice you tend to chime in with things you don't like rather than things you like. Still, you're right. Everyone has an opinion. It's good to hear them all. A little ribbing? The Chicago way.

Anyway, my whole point was that it was beautiful out today. This whole week has been nice. Weather here isn't perfect, but Chicago finds a way to work around it.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 PM

Yes, this week has been nice. One of the few ones all year in my opinion.

It isn't that I don't like it, but the cons outway the pro's for me and it makes me bitter towards the city. Think of moving from a beautiful, hillside community where you could go hiking ten miles into the woods in your own backyard, to this industrialized, flat, boring place. I'm a nature guy, and Chicago and its suburbs do not provide. So for me, Chicago is not the place to be. We are naturally at odds.

I also can't stand the weather. In Kentucky, we had hot summers, and cold winters. But the winters weren't bad, it had a nice feel to it. And the summers weren't humid, it was a dry heat. And then you had three months of spring, and three of fall. All four seasons. So I always complain about the weather in Chicago because of that.

Not saying all of Illinois is bad, I love southern Illinois and Western Illinois by the quad cities. But this particular area of Illinois is too populated, and the culture isn't enough for me to like it.

But it is a good place to visit, I will give it that.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,633,093 times
I have never seen people complain about weather so much in life than on this board.

Last edited by mdz; 10-03-2007 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-03-2007, 06:47 PM

17 posts, read 60,583 times
Default Nice

Quote:
How's it outside now, Mr. Positivity? Or for the last few weeks?
Yeah you are talking about a few weeks of decent weather. In about a month you wont be saying that. And in between that month we will have quite a few crappy days as well. Beautiful neiborhood, where's that? It depends what your standards are I guess. Did you grow up here? Have you traveled and explored outside from here?

Old 10-03-2007, 06:57 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,633,093 times
Some of you people need a reality check:

Jan: Average High- 32, Average Low- 17
Feb: Average High- 35, Average Low- 21
March: Average High- 46, Average Low- 29
April: Average High- 59, Average Low- 40
May: Average High- 70, Average Low- 50
June: Average High- 81, Average Low- 60
July: Average High- 85, Average Low- 66
August: Average High- 83, Average Low- 65
September: Average High- 76, Average Low- 56
October: Average High- 64, Average Low- 45
November: Average High- 48, Average Low- 33
December: Average High- 36, Average Low-22

If thats not 4 seasons I dont know what is.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Default NO Olympics please

Quote:
I've heard our chances for 2016 are less than great. It's true that we are up there, along with Rio, but the IOC is itching to have the games in S. America or Africa, so it's Rio's to lose, I think. If they drop the ball? We're on it.
I hope the Olympics aren't here. That is just going to congest the city even more. Oh yeah and a nice target for a terrorist attack.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
Some of you people need a reality check:

Jan: Average High- 32, Average Low- 17
Feb: Average High- 35, Average Low- 21
March: Average High- 46, Average Low- 29
April: Average High- 59, Average Low- 40
May: Average High- 70, Average Low- 50
June: Average High- 81, Average Low- 60
July: Average High- 85, Average Low- 66
August: Average High- 83, Average Low- 65
September: Average High- 76, Average Low- 56
October: Average High- 64, Average Low- 45
November: Average High- 48, Average Low- 33
December: Average High- 36, Average Low-22

If thats not 4 seasons I dont know what is.
Uhm yeah, you forgot to mention Chicago's weather is as random as it gets. It usually doesn't go by your little chart.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viento78 View Post
Uhm yeah, you forgot to mention Chicago's weather is as random as it gets. It usually doesn't go by your little chart.
Too true. Last five years I have lived here, we had ONE nice spring. And it didn't last long, only for about a month. And it was mixed with some mildly cold days too. I was a track runner in college at the time, so I was outside quite a bit. Being a runner, I am always outside. I could tell you how crappy the weather in Chicago is very fast. We don't get mild weather, it is either hot or cold. I actually prefer winters here over the summers to be quite honest.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Your opinions are fine. They're yours. Not mine. I just notice you tend to chime in with things you don't like rather than things you like. Still, you're right. Everyone has an opinion. It's good to hear them all. A little ribbing? The Chicago way.

Anyway, my whole point was that it was beautiful out today. This whole week has been nice. Weather here isn't perfect, but Chicago finds a way to work around it.
yeah opions are fine. I am just being realistic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago