Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 07:10 AM

306 posts, read 701,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Exactly. The food is the movie in the analogy. The restaurant would be the movie theater, which isn't relevent.
A movie analogy doesn't work with custom-ordering a sandwich because you can't tailor a movie to your own specific preferences. "Add a sex scene. Remove some exposition." On a sandwich, you can build it however you like. I swear, you people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffincake View Post
A movie analogy doesn't work with custom-ordering a sandwich because you can't tailor a movie to your own specific preferences. "Add a sex scene. Remove some exposition." On a sandwich, you can build it however you like. I swear, you people...
When you are eating a jamon serrano in spain, do you request mustard be squirted all over it?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
When you are eating a jamon serrano in spain, do you request mustard be squirted all over it?
I've heard that ketchup is great on Fruit Loops...

Well, not really, but I suppose that someone will try it...

Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,951,013 times
Some people are just Hillbilly's.

/Thread.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
You can choose to see a bad movie, just like you can choose to eat a bad sandwich. Others have the right to tell you that you're choosing a bad movie or a bad sandwich. Period. The end.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:22 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
You can choose to see a bad movie, just like you can choose to eat a bad sandwich. Others have the right to tell you that you're choosing a bad movie or a bad sandwich. Period. The end.
They do, but "bad" is still subjective.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:40 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
They do, but "bad" is still subjective.
True, but if you tend to like movies that all of the respected critics and the general public agree are bad, you probably have bad taste in film.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
Ok for all you low point newbs a review:
1) I mentioned in my posts I have hot dogs Chicago style when I get them out. At the ballpark if it's just mustard so be it.
AT HOME, because of what's in the frig and because it tastes better to MY friggin taste buds (than just mustard), ketchup is used along with the mustard and relish.
2) To the Nimrod that said something about ketchup on Brisket, you have not read the posts carefully. I eat BBQ the way it's served because I enjoy the regional differences.
3) Lived in and near Chicago 47 years. Some of you longer, many of you are newcomers; show some respect
4) Cubssox is not a bandwagon occurrence. I remember the late 60's Cubs, Steve Swisher, Steve Ontiveros, etc. I remember Jorge Orta, Ken Kravec etc. I was a Cubs fan first and best friend was a Sox fan. We trashed talked. I would read box scores and Sports section stories about Sox so I could trash talk intelligently. At his house we watched Sox at my house Cubs. I discovered the Sox had some good players and good teams. My parents were immigrants so this pick one or the other was not required. So I decided to be fans of both teams and some of my friends were also.
5) I am open to and enjoy trying local dishes. The Mussels in France were outstanding and I didn't taste a French cheese I didn't like. Of course some I liked more. I mentioned the Blood Sausage with the mustard that was served. The ketchup on hot dog came about because growing up that's one of the condiments we were offered. I do have a sweet tooth and enjoy sweet & sour combinations. Assuming I put ketchup on everything, assuming I am closed minded to different foods, assuming I have poor taste in all my food preparations is ignorant and insulting. I was raised to eat what is served which has helped me be a polite guest when dining with others or at other's homes. Even if it is mediocre, I will eat it out of courtesy and respect. Of course I had to learn cultural differences of which cultures expect a clean plate and which ones you need to leave food or else they'll keep giving you more.
6) The Godwin's law reference (thanks, interesting) was used because it is easily understood. Most would understand a Stasi reference but some may not. I have traveled in East Germany where your rights are curtailed or arbitrarily taken away, and this adamant, my tastes are superior to you so your an idiot drivel is bullsh*$. You can say it's weird or odd or say yuk, but if you need to resort to the over reaching comments at such a personal level, I'll dish it back.
7) Know the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw bricks? If we examined all your behaviors and habits we would find at least one that would deem you a brickthrower.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Of course you can tailor a movie - put on a blindfold and listen to an iPod through earbuds during the scenes you had rather not watch - and if you want to add a sex scene, you can sit in the back with your SO and create that addition yourself(or at least pretend to).

Ahem - it's time that I return this thread back to a G rating.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:11 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,213,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
2) To the Nimrod that said something about ketchup on Brisket, you have not read the posts carefully. I eat BBQ the way it's served because I enjoy the regional differences.
So you're saying you put ketchup on your lobster when you're visiting Maine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago