Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 05:42 AM

99 posts, read 137,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Is this for real?
Yes it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times
Buffalonians really know how to eff up a beef sandwich. Their version--beef on kimmelweck bun--is an abomination.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:35 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
Buffalonians really know how to eff up a beef sandwich. Their version--beef on kimmelweck bun--is an abomination.
But the wings! The wiiiiiinnnnggggss!

Old 06-16-2012, 07:04 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,104,516 times
Reminds me of a time I watched a toddler at Mcdonalds eating only ketchup.

Forgot about the fries
Guess that makes sense for it to be sweet.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:29 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,858,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
To each their own; he's from out of town right? My Canadian born wife eats her hot dogs with Mayo and sometimes her fries also. Although I like all the Chicago trimmings on my hot dog I also like ketchup in addition and can pass on the celery salt.
A Chicago dog w/o celery salt is a dog w/ veggies. CELERY SALT is a MUST! It brings all of the ingredients together very nicely.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:20 AM

99 posts, read 137,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
A Chicago dog w/o celery salt is a dog w/ veggies. CELERY SALT is a MUST! It brings all of the ingredients together very nicely.
I agree.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:00 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Pah! Let's see all you frankfurtians insist on eating things "the Chicago Way" when you go to other regions that prepare food differently. I can see the results when you step into a "Good Fella's" pizza establsihment and tell him how to properly make pizza Chicago style instead of NY style. Or going into Texas and telling Billy Bob that his brisket is wrong. Or to California and telling them the seafodd needs tobe fried to be done properly

Old 06-18-2012, 03:39 PM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Pah! Let's see all you frankfurtians insist on eating things "the Chicago Way" when you go to other regions that prepare food differently. I can see the results when you step into a "Good Fella's" pizza establsihment and tell him how to properly make pizza Chicago style instead of NY style. Or going into Texas and telling Billy Bob that his brisket is wrong. Or to California and telling them the seafodd needs tobe fried to be done properly
That's hardly comparable. Texas is known for brisket. NY is known for pizza. California is known for seafood. The little podunk Southern town you mentioned where people put ketchup on their hot dogs is not known for hot dogs, and for good reason.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:58 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
That's hardly comparable. Texas is known for brisket. NY is known for pizza. California is known for seafood. The little podunk Southern town you mentioned where people put ketchup on their hot dogs is not known for hot dogs, and for good reason.
People eat hot dogs many different ways. The right way is the way I like it. When it goes into my mouth, it's not YOUR taste buds being effected. I like hot dogs all sorts of ways. I've had them in Connecticut, in Cincinnati, many Chicago style without ketchup, in Germany with brown mustard and in LaGrange GA. with ketchup. Some I like better than others but they're all good. One thing I do is try foods the way the locals eat it before deciding if I like it or not. I'm not going to pontificate that the "Chicago way" is superior or the only way. Sometimes it is, other times it not and many times there are multiple ways to eat something and have it be delicious.
Here's some hot dog info:America's Regional Hot Dog Styles | Serious Eats

Old 06-18-2012, 07:11 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
The idea that I keep coming back is one of preserving the authenticity of regional food. It is one thing to just say "at home I eat my matzo ball soup topped with bacon bits and crawfish" and quite another to order such an abomination at a kosher deli....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago