Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Also, the fact that no one, including the shooting victims themselves, are willing to talk to police just makes is another "tough day on the southside" story.
Exactly. The father knows damn well who murdered his daughter (or who at least ordered the hit on him) and he will say nothing to the police. I cannot respect or sympathize with that. Guess he figures he and his boys will handle it. Get ready to hear more stories while these idiots go at each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
THAT FATHER IS DISGUSTING. The fact that he is not cooperating (last news report i heard) means he doesn't care about that baby. One news report said he may have used the baby to shield him from bullets. It may be that he is afraid he will be shot if he gives up the truth, but still DISGUSTING POS sperm donor is all he was.

And what is up with this "no snitch" thing I am hearing on the news where people in the community (or wherever) keep silent and do not come forward. Is it fear? is it sticking with people no matter what they do nor dont do because everyone is one big happy family (i cant quite explain it); or what???? what is this "code of silence" thing I keep hearing on the news?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
THAT FATHER IS DISGUSTING. The fact that he is not cooperating (last news report i heard) means he doesn't care about that baby. One news report said he may have used the baby to shield him from bullets. It may be that he is afraid he will be shot if he gives up the truth, but still DISGUSTING POS sperm donor is all he was.

And what is up with this "no snitch" thing I am hearing on the news where people in the community (or wherever) keep silent and do not come forward. Is it fear? is it sticking with people no matter what they do nor dont do because everyone is one big happy family (i cant quite explain it); or what???? what is this "code of silence" thing I keep hearing on the news?
Yes it is fear. If someone is willing to kill a baby, what do you think they or their cohorts would do to anyone who pointed a finger at the murderer? Serious drug gangs, especially, are known for brutal retaliation, and that's not just in Mexico. The fear is real in New York, Miami, Chicago, and every large drug market. Intimidation works well -- especially when its backed up with bullets.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
The no snitch thing originally started as, if you and someone else or a group of people commit a crime together and one or all of you get caught, you better not snitch to the police to get less jail time and what have you. In other words, a rat ala the mafia. Somehow, it has morphed into every day good citizens that aren't about that life, better not snitch which is absolutely ridiculous. The communities that allow the gangs to run them unfortunately suffer from this.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:06 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
What kind of person can do something like this and still look at himself in the mirror? It just may be time for me to move soon:

Chicago Baby Jonylah Watkins Dead After Being Shot 5 Times - ABC News
It is Chicago. Routine stuff on the south and west sides. Surprised it even made the news.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Of course, gang related. Perhaps I am disconnected from reality, but why in the world do these people mess around with gangs? Drugs? Money? Why do they not see there is no "value" in gangs anymore?

Because many of them don't have anything better to do and some of them don't want anything better to do. I know because I was in prison with them. That is their life.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I read that. It's probably about gangs or two cent drug dealing. This stuff is starting to get to me. I'm too close to it all.
Move. We did.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Sadly, that baby girl was doomed from the moment of conception.

Why, oh why would the mother not move after being shot last year? Why, oh why would this "family man" not move to a safer location given his gang affiliation?

Unfortunate stories like these just remind me why it's important to not date and hang around w/ gangbangers, never mind marry and have kids with one.

Oh, and of course, despite this happening on a clear Monday early afternoon, no one is coming forth with information. Typical. Honestly, as sad as this is, there's a point where you just stop feeling bad for the grown adults living there are allowing this to happen. If the mother and father aren't cooperating w/ the police or willing to name names, then why should I feel bad for them? I feel bad for the baby born into this mess.
Most of the people over there don't care anything about their kids anyway. It is no big loss to them. They just make 2 more to replace the one that got shot. The people that care for their kids moved the hell outta there years ago. Most of the ones left more kids=bigger welfare checks.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:18 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Move. We did.
That's great advice. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:03 PM

283 posts, read 447,517 times
Quote:
Yes, shot five times! This happened about a mile away from where I live. Someone that would do something like this needs to be exterminated on sight.
It was collateral damage I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Of course, gang related. Perhaps I am disconnected from reality, but why in the world do these people mess around with gangs? Drugs? Money? Why do they not see there is no "value" in gangs anymore?
A sense of belonging and power. Also, you know running the streets at night is well....fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago