Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 07:39 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times

Advertisements

I'm so proud of Chicago for the peaceful multi racial protest that took place last night.

Conservative media is still waiting for Chicago to act up so they can link it to race and politics.

I'm praying for continued peace not only Chicago but for the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 08:51 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'm so proud of Chicago for the peaceful multi racial protest that took place last night.

Conservative media is still waiting for Chicago to act up so they can link it to race and politics.

Well said. I am torn on whether to more dislike the media or Florida's backwater legal system right now.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:20 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I hear there is going to be something in Daley Plaza today (sunday) around noon. hope it is peaceful.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:36 AM

359 posts, read 549,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Well said. I am torn on whether to more dislike the media or Florida's backwater legal system right now.
Zimmerman was defending himself; based on the facts, it was clear to me that he was innocent from the get-go.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 AM

its no use trying to armchair quarterback. the verdict was in. he was judged by 6 people. some agree, some dont. riots are no going to solve anything except cause damage. peaceful marches - ok. people have a 1st amendment right to express themselves verbally and peacefully, if they have a city permit to do so.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:48 AM

^^ I agree, Chicago Meo.

And, it is true, some people do not agree with the ruling; that is fine, this is America and people are allowed to disagree, and that is what makes this country great...the legal right to think for yourself and be able to come to your own conclusion, regardless of peer pressure to think a certain way, and regardless of propaganda from biased news outlets like MSNBC.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

Kudos to you MJT, I am glad that you and I see eye-to-eye on wanting to maintain peace. Even though people may disagree about the outcome, we are all part of the human race and need to respect each other and live at peace with each other.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link N. Parker View Post
Zimmerman was defending himself; based on the facts, it was clear to me that he was innocent from the get-go.
He pursued a child that was walking down the street because he was black and felt he didn't belong in the neighborhood, despite the fact that he was there visiting his father. The police told him not to pursue Trayvon and he did anyway. Zimmerman is and was not a police officer. He started a fight with a child then shot him. I don't see how he's innocent.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
He pursued a child that was walking down the street because he was black and felt he didn't belong in the neighborhood, despite the fact that he was there visiting his father. The police told him not to pursue Trayvon and he did anyway. Zimmerman is and was not a police officer. He started a fight with a child then shot him. I don't see how he's innocent.

Your still trying to be a member of the jury here.

Depending on your personal beliefs you will judge things your way.

As long as people keep calling Trayvon a "child" this will flavor their view of the situation vs being called a young man or a young adult.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Your still trying to be a member of the jury here.

Depending on your personal beliefs you will judge things your way.

As long as people keep calling Trayvon a "child" this will flavor their view of the situation vs being called a young man or a young adult.
He was 17 and in high school. I am a parent of a high school junior. How does being 17 and in high school not make him a child, because he was tall? You can look at his pictures and see that he is obviously a child.

If a stranger was following my 16 year old (soon to be 17) daughter and started questioning her who wasn't a police officer, she would be afraid and run too. What child wouldn't? And what law did Trayvon break other than trying to defend himself from some grown man following him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago