Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM

86 posts, read 159,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Maybe you should move to the outer ring suburbs so that you have ample off-street parking and won't have to whine about how your RWD car and bad back entitle you to personally claim a public parking space as your own.

See how these things can cut both ways?
No, you can't twist my words to mean what they don't say. If I shovel the spot out and there is a metric f**k ton of snow, I'm putting some crap in it to mark it as mine. I did the same thing when I had a Jeep, I'll do the same thing when I have whatever car I own next. It has nothing to do with what neighborhood in Chicago you live in. I saw/did it when I was living in Wicker Park, Pilsen, Roscoe Village, and continue doing it in Edgewater... although its much less prevalent up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 02:21 PM

125 posts, read 172,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=8676685

Most of this users posts are rants about link cards and concealed carry.

What kind of successful person spends so much time complaining about poor people?

Dude is a troll.
Got me. I live in Sweden and I am a gazillionaire.

You guys, even the haters have been helpful. I am not going to change anything and none of these negative outcomes are probably worth the effort. I will probably pick up a change of clothes when I get home and sleep at the office. Keep trying to remind myself that this situation is temporary and for good reason.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvernsey View Post
Got me. I live in Sweden and I am a gazillionaire.

You guys, even the haters have been helpful. I am not going to change anything and none of these negative outcomes are probably worth the effort. I will probably pick up a change of clothes when I get home and sleep at the office. Keep trying to remind myself that this situation is temporary and for good reason.
I did that for a decade, honey. It isn't ever going to get better or be worth it. You're just one of many people here who work long hours at a thankless job and have to deal with more bull**** when you leave work.

You may not change your ways. But the people in this thread have told you how others will adapt to your behavior: someone really will take a hammer to your car. Or slash your tires. Shatter your windshield. You are part of a community now. Instead of pissing off the people there, maybe learn to understand them.

Or just rent a goddamn parking space and take public transit.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:33 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvernsey View Post
I love you class warfare guys. Obama has taught you well.
I'd like to know when Obama has time to teach class warfare while kowtowing to corporate interests. Would love to take the class and hear his perspective, considering most of his policies benefit the elite class.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:37 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,467,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=8676685

Most of this users posts are rants about link cards and concealed carry.

What kind of successful person spends so much time complaining about poor people?

Dude is a troll.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantless1 View Post
No, you can't twist my words to mean what they don't say. If I shovel the spot out and there is a metric f**k ton of snow, I'm putting some crap in it to mark it as mine. I did the same thing when I had a Jeep, I'll do the same thing when I have whatever car I own next. It has nothing to do with what neighborhood in Chicago you live in. I saw/did it when I was living in Wicker Park, Pilsen, Roscoe Village, and continue doing it in Edgewater... although its much less prevalent up here.
Fair enough. But then you have no business turning around and calling others entitled d-bags.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM

86 posts, read 159,500 times
Well, when their original post says "I own a luxury car in a less than luxury area", they most certainly appear to be an entitled d-bag.

I'm going to guess BMW... the old saying/joke is what is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? The pricks are on the inside of the BMW... fits OP pretty perfectly

Old 01-07-2014, 02:49 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,257,503 times
I'm actually quite impressed that there has been very little dibs action in my neighborhood. On the flip side, there has also been very little shoveling. I'm surprised that people have been willing to park on top of the ever-growing lumpy hills of snow.

I'm also still lamenting my loss of my 'Big Lots special' chairs that, as they were being used for dibs, someone stole. Even though this was 3 or 4 years ago, it pains me to think that right now, someone is probably enjoying a meal sitting on such finery.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
That person probably spent an hour or more out in the cold digging out that parking space. Who are you to snatch it from him after he did all the work? That's how it has worked in Chicago for generations, my friend. If you cannot respect that, leave.

Frankly, you're lucky it wasn't me. If it had been, I wouldn't have come out and said a word. I would have let you walk away, put on my coat, gotten out my sledge hammer, and smashed it through your windshield. Then, I would have walked away. I would have done this in full view of my neighbors, and you no what? Not one of them would have have ratted on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantless1 View Post
I have snow tires on it & 100lbs of sand in the trunk, its not too bad in anything but the really deep stuff. Cops and cab companies would still buy new ones if they were still in production... all it needs is traction control... its a $2,000 car that I'll drive till it falls apart...

My point was, I spent my time and energy clearing a spot out for my car & OP is a d!ck for implying that since he has a "luxury car" he can freely take anyone's spot. I personally wouldn't brick his windshield if he took my spot, but I'd seriously consider paying neighborhood children to bury his car in snow and would probably smear his door handles with my dog's poop.

What are you, 15! Smearing doop doo on someone's car. Grow up.
You internet tough guys crack me up.
By the way, since when is a spot on a public street, 'YOUR' spot.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:22 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,424,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
You internet tough guys crack me up.
How can something done to a car happen on the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago