Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 12:43 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Id say its been generally a bit more mild, but not this year so far! We've had below average temps and above average snowfall. Earlier this week felt like a deep freeze in January. Low temps in some areas were in the negative range, with windchills 10 or more below zero. It was insane and far too early for this crap. Tom SKilling said it was the coldest we've been (this time of year) in almost 40 years.
Really?? I didn't realize it ws that much so early this year. ya, that usually isn't the case. I know what you mean about January deep freeze. geez!!!

Well, I'm glad others similiarly agree on this. I just remember those milder winters a few years back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 12:43 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Yes, I see what you're saying, and it works for me.
Cool. I didnt think my stupid story would work. hahaha

Old 12-07-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Really?? I didn't realize it ws that much so early this year. ya, that usually isn't the case. I know what you mean about January deep freeze. geez!!!

Well, I'm glad others similiarly agree on this. I just remember those milder winters a few years back.
Yeah, weve had single digit lows and about 5-8" of snow already.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yeah, weve had single digit lows and about 5-8" of snow already.
Is it the good snow or the crappy snow that is heavy and wet?

Old 12-07-2007, 12:55 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,344,935 times
we have had both already....and days apart! looks like more is coming too....it is kinda weird.

And yeah, it was -3 the other night in some of the outlying areas!!!!! luckily it warmed up the next day...and then we got more snow!

lots of accidents this year....the roads have been terrible up by me in the far northwest suburbs.

Quote:

Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,213,531 times
Quote:
Good snow. It's so light that all the Polish old ladies around us are using brooms to sweep it away. Daytime temps in the city have been around 30, so it's pretty much perfect winter weather when the sun is out.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:02 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,510,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Good snow. It's so light that all the Polish old ladies around us are using brooms to sweep it away. Daytime temps in the city have been around 30, so it's pretty much perfect winter weather when the sun is out.
Don't underestimate those old Polish women. Their tough cookies. And I will agree with the sun comment only too bad it only teases us for minutes at a time before hiding behind the clouds again. We're not supposed to even see the sun at all until next Thurs. at the earliest.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
The second snowfall was good, the first was horrible only because it rained most of the night after the snow and turned everything to ice and mushy crap.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Don't underestimate those old Polish women. Their tough cookies. And I will agree with the sun comment only too bad it only teases us for minutes at a time before hiding behind the clouds again. We're not supposed to even see the sun at all until next Thurs. at the earliest.
Most of Wednesday and almost all yesterday was very sunny. It was supposed to be sunny this afternoon, but it looks like that got changed.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:37 PM

You know, it is so funny how weather is such a huge topic among Chicagoans. We can talk about it for days. I mean think about it. It's the weather! It changes all the time. But, for people like in S.Cal. They don't know what this is like. They don't relate to this constant weather conversational topic. It's just so not thought about because they are spoiled brats in their perfect weather and perfect everything...can you tell I live with someone who talks about his home Southern California and rubs it in my face every chance he gets???? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago