Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:40 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
You've obviously never been to an anime convention - or even a comic book convention. Chinese isn't Japanese but good enough.

This isn't rare at all in Chicago. They're called "nerdy" white girls..

Troll.
or maybe A TRIXIE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,953,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eating while walking View Post
This sounds like a fake post written by a Chinese guy. Take it from me, a Chinese guy.

White female -> Asian male yellow fever is so rare that it's like one of those weird elements that can only exist in a lab. The odds of encountering it in nature are negligible.
While relatively rare, compared to the reverse, I wouldn't say its vanishingly rare. Pretty much every day I'm walking out and about I see at least one or two Asian male/white female couples (both in Oak Park and Chicago). Its usually a young couple (20 somethings) and they are outnumbered by the Asian female/white male couples that I see, but its noticeably more common than even just a few years ago. And, no, its not the same couple every time.

Last edited by oakparkdude; 11-22-2014 at 09:55 PM..

Old 11-23-2014, 04:39 AM

527 posts, read 600,440 times
I had an Asian-American guy friend who dated plenty of white women in Chicago.

He was a doctor, which probably helped, but had poor enough interpersonal skills with women to pretty much negate any advantage that may have provided.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:06 AM

596 posts, read 820,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucktownbabe View Post
I had an Asian-American guy friend who dated plenty of white women in Chicago.

He was a doctor, which probably helped, but had poor enough interpersonal skills with women to pretty much negate any advantage that may have provided.
I had to rep you for this sentence alone. The way you worded it was funny.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:29 PM

70 posts, read 117,064 times
Bridgeport & China Town (south side) Rogers Park, Albany Park, Uptown (North Side). These are just a few neighborhoods with a good asain population.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:59 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahiabrazil View Post
Bridgeport & China Town (south side) Rogers Park, Albany Park, Uptown (North Side). These are just a few neighborhoods with a good asain population.
A number of downtown areas (i.e. Streeterville, parts of Gold Coast, parts of South Loop, parts of River North, etc) have a fair Asian population too. For example, the area of Streeterville just south of Northwestern Medical is 11.5% non Indian Asian and other areas around there are in the 10% range for non Indian Asian.

Parts of Hyde Park, McKinley Park, Brighton Park, New City (mainly around where the stockyards used to be) and Douglas also have communities that are sizable enough. Around the 34th Street Orange Line stop for example, you'll see businesses with Chinese out front. The area is over 30% Asian.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:23 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaHearts View Post
Thank you for your suggestions, but why is this thread weird? It is because it is so unusual for a attractive white female like myself to openly seek out attractive Chinese men to date? A lot of my white female friends would love to date Chinese men, however the main issue is that a lot of Chinese men are seemingly very shy and don't approach them. The girl sure as hell isn't going to be the one approaching the guy! MAN the ****K up Chinese men!
So what good is giving you a list of non-Chinatown places to "see and get seen" by attractive rich intelligent Chinese men if.

1.They don't approach you, and.
2.You don't approach them?

(Unless, of course, you are the exception.).

Old 11-24-2014, 08:09 AM

216 posts, read 313,965 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are one of the many bitter white boys that can't stand the fact that Chinese men are not only smarter, have better jobs, earn more money, but even get beautiful white women now. It makes your blood boil doesn't it? Keep on hating loser.

Thank you. If the person that said that is actually Chinese, I feel really bad for him. I think he is probably just a bitter white boy though. He probably can't stand the fact that Chinese men are getting attractive white women and he isn't.
*Checks in the mirror*. Yep, still Chinese. If you actually are who you say you are then best wishes, dating is hard. Based on the wording in the post I still think this is a fake request.

Life is too short for bitterness and there's more to life than dating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
it's not rare at all in LA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
And maybe the San Francisco Bay Area too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Also not rare at all in the NY area. Plenty of Asian male-white female couples.
These places have something in common: they are not Chicago. You know, the actual midwestern city we are discussing? This is not a subject I care to dwell on because frankly, it's hard to reasonably discuss it without sounding like a little b*tch. So I'll just say that I see this type of pairing walking around no more than once or twice a month. That's what causes me to disbelieve the OP. No value judgment, it is what it is.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:24 AM

216 posts, read 313,965 times
Quote:
Thank you for your suggestions, but why is this thread weird? It is because it is so unusual for a attractive white female like myself to openly seek out attractive Chinese men to date?
One more thing. Let's just leave the racial stuff out of the discussion for a minute.

YES, it is weird. We are all internet literate people here and the very concept of this thread should raise a big red flag. Attractive woman looking for love on the internet = balding 40-year old fat guy in sweaty wife beater in real life. The White-Chinese thing is just the cherry of implausibility on top.

Anyway, whoever you really are and whatever your real preferences, good luck in your dating life.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:28 PM

12 posts, read 28,179 times
I noticed that there has been an increasing number of Asian male / White female couples. I think this has to do with the fact that Asians are being portrayed positively now in the media and US culture.

For example:

Glen from The Walking Dead banging the hot farmer's daughter.
Linsanity
Psy - Gangnam Stlye
The Chinese dude from Harold and Kumar starting in Selfie and is dating a hot white women.

I also read that China has overtaken the US as the largest economy in the world now. Additionally, there has always been white girls that love K-Pop and anime if you like the culture, you will like the men of that culture.

As a white male, I will admit that a lot of white guys, even young white "progressive", and "liberal" guys don't like men from other races dating "their" white women. They obviously would never admit such a thing in public due to fear of being labeled a racist, but you can see what I am talking about in this thread.

I want to add that by "Asian", I am specifically talking about Chinese, Japanese, and Korean men. Not to seem like a bigot, but I cannot tell the difference between the three and neither can most people. However, you can definitely tell the difference between an Indian and Chinese person despite both being Asian.

As China is becoming more powerful, affluent, and dominant, Chinese men will start having ever increasing sex appeal. Wasn't Alibaba (BABA) the largest IPO in history and is worth more than Amazon now plus Alibaba actually earns profits unlike Amazon?

I honestly think this is going to become more common and it will face a lot of resistance, just like how black and white relationships faced a lot of resistance and still do. However, the change is inevitable in a global society. I honestly think we would all be happier and the world would be better if we not only tolerate, but truly accept and embrace each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago