Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 07:28 PM

4,648 posts, read 3,254,543 times

Advertisements

Curly, I like the idea of giving inmates masks and let them stay incarcerated. I mean, they ARE in jail for a reason, right? And WE wear masks on the outside to keep us "safe", so there's no reason for "Covid" to be a reason to release them.
And yes, the Koreans are great models. I've trained under them since 1995 And believe me, I train daily for my health, but also for the Civil War 2 I predict will happen.
Stay safe!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 07:37 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,185,102 times
So, according to the posts here, the police knew this guy's entire history while they were on the street. Then they tried to execute him because, I guess that's what cops do now. No need for courts or due process!

Last edited by prairiestate; 08-25-2020 at 07:46 PM..

Old 08-25-2020, 07:45 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
So, according to the posts here, the police knew this guy's entire history while they were on the street. Then they executed him because, I guess that's what cops do now. No need for courts or due process!
I hope you are just trolling. Did you see the video?? Do you know what the thug did??? So you want cops to be shot for protecting us. But you are upset at a rapist among other things getting shot when warned over and over and over again not to move. And he ignores the endless warnings. I thought the cops waited too long to shoot myself

Old 08-25-2020, 09:46 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
There is a photo of Mr. Blake on 2nd City Cop carrying what appears to be a large curved dagger, with the cops walking behind him with guns drawn. If true, the shooting is much more understandable - how could the cops allow an armed, agitated man with a felony warrant who moments before fought with the police, to enter a car full of kids? Can't we wait until the facts come out before we burn everything down? In a country of 330 million people, it is likely for something to happen serious enough to cause outrage at least weekly (at least if it is spun right by BLM). Then, after a few days and the facts are gathered, the pattern has been for most people to say "Oops, maybe the cops weren't all wrong after all, guess we went off too soon". So what's wrong for waiting those few days before rioting, you know, to have time for an investigation?

But the more time goes by, I think the idea of an integrated society is just a pipe dream, the cultural differences just seem to be too large at this point. I don't want to live in a city without police, and BLM apparently doesn't want to live in a city with ANY police, so we simply need to live in different cities, or even states, and build a wall between them if necessary. Maybe Snake Pliskin will be available should Air Force One crash on the wrong side.

I do have to ask - if the cops are so bad, why do people of color keep calling 9-1-1 and requesting their assistance? Maybe BLM doesn't represent as many people as it thinks it does?

Old 08-25-2020, 11:19 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
This scumwad's GoFundMe page is up to $1.3M. What a fitting sign of how morally sick our society is right now.

I wonder if any businesses that was burned to the ground has managed to raise even 1% of that.

Last edited by Bitey; 08-26-2020 at 12:44 AM..

Old 08-25-2020, 11:20 PM

85 posts, read 94,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And that meme I saw on another forum who's right on target, sad but true. https://archive.vn/FCfCq#selection-4137.0-4137.17

That link is racist.

I do believe though that in the recent 2 cases (Minneapolis and Kenosha) the police would have done the exact same thing if the perpetrator was black, white, hispanic, asian, etc.

Ferguson under Oblame-A was the same thing. A thug (again regardless of race) with a criminal record attacks a store owner, then gets a jump on a police officer and wrestles for the gun. Gets shot and killed, Obama makes it all about race and the riots begin.

I really wish anyone reading this, especially BLM'ers study MLK's speeches. We are all created equal. In these 3 cases, the police would treat everyone the same. In the Kenosha case you could argue they let down their guard due to the recent race issues and gave the perp the upper hand.

Old 08-26-2020, 12:05 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,551,449 times
A lot of people seem to think that policemen are here to serve and die instead of serve and protect. It's baffling to me how people are rallying around criminals without possessing all of the facts. It's obvious that there is more to this story in Kenosha than a several second social media video. Even from this video, I see someone trying to evade multiple police officers who appeared to be looking to grab something from his car—potentially a weapon. None of these people that Black Lives Matter are rallying around resemble the average African-American. These people almost universally have long rap sheets with few exceptions. It's actually an insult to equate these people with average black men.

Old 08-26-2020, 01:48 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
A lot of people seem to think that policemen are here to serve and die instead of serve and protect. It's baffling to me how people are rallying around criminals without possessing all of the facts. It's obvious that there is more to this story in Kenosha than a several second social media video. Even from this video, I see someone trying to evade multiple police officers who appeared to be looking to grab something from his car—potentially a weapon. None of these people that Black Lives Matter are rallying around resemble the average African-American. These people almost universally have long rap sheets with few exceptions. It's actually an insult to equate these people with average black men.
Now there's some honest truth. The black guy I used to work with was a fine person, he worked hard, took care of his family, was grateful to have nice things, was an ex-Marine, and had my back at least to the same degree I had his, not spending time with him is one of the things I regret about retiring, we had a lot of fun going between jobs on the golf cart and b.s.'ing. One of his adult sons, unfortunately, did time in prison, and that's about all I know about him (except that his Dad still loved him, so there's that). My guess is my co-worker wouldn't be too happy about being lumped in with people like Mr. Blake, and likely said the cops were right to shoot him vs. letting him drive off with the kids in the car (or worse, we really don't know what his intent was at the point Blake started to enter the car).

My point is, why be in such a hurry to burn down businesses in your own town, which will raise your own taxes, may land you in jail, will hurt people who had nothing to do with Blake being shot, etc.? Even if
you pay little to no taxes, one must understand the riots consume tax resources that could be spent on better schools, etc. - why take the "Nuclear Option" right out of the gate, before you understand the facts surrounding what happened? These riots are the acts of impulsive, and to be honest, stupid people, who are quick to hurt the same folks they proclaim to care about. Guess I just described a Sociopath, and to be honest, the rest of society is better off when more sociopaths are in prison vs. letting them run free. Time to start building more prisons, I guess, unless we want rioting to be a part of daily life going forward. Personally, I don't.

There is a Jordan Peterson video that discusses human intelligence as measured by Intelligence Quotient, in which he states the the U.S. Military has done the most work on IQ testing and its societal ramifications over the past century, stating that the military has determined that those with IQ's under a score of 83 are not suitable for military service, saying there is no job they can do where having that person in that role would not be counterproductive. The problem is, a score of 83 excludes ten percent of the population of the U.S., and these people not-coincidentally also have no role in our increasingly complex job market, either. So, what do we do with these folks? After listening to many interviews with the protesters, I'm seeing some very likely overlap between the two groups. Maybe its time we started building pyramids like the ancient Egyptians, to give low-IQ people something to do.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:10 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Well apparently some Kenosha rioters decided to call the bluff of a couple guys standing guard with rifles at a gas station, only to discover they weren't bluffing.

Yep, they're now shooting each other down on the streets of Kenosha. Can we call this a civil war yet?

Old 08-26-2020, 04:35 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,464,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Now there's some honest truth. The black guy I used to work with was a fine person, he worked hard, took care of his family, was grateful to have nice things, was an ex-Marine, and had my back at least to the same degree I had his, not spending time with him is one of the things I regret about retiring, we had a lot of fun going between jobs on the golf cart and b.s.'ing. One of his adult sons, unfortunately, did time in prison, and that's about all I know about him (except that his Dad still loved him, so there's that). My guess is my co-worker wouldn't be too happy about being lumped in with people like Mr. Blake, and likely said the cops were right to shoot him vs. letting him drive off with the kids in the car (or worse, we really don't know what his intent was at the point Blake started to enter the car).

My point is, why be in such a hurry to burn down businesses in your own town, which will raise your own taxes, may land you in jail, will hurt people who had nothing to do with Blake being shot, etc.? Even if
you pay little to no taxes, one must understand the riots consume tax resources that could be spent on better schools, etc. - why take the "Nuclear Option" right out of the gate, before you understand the facts surrounding what happened? These riots are the acts of impulsive, and to be honest, stupid people, who are quick to hurt the same folks they proclaim to care about. Guess I just described a Sociopath, and to be honest, the rest of society is better off when more sociopaths are in prison vs. letting them run free. Time to start building more prisons, I guess, unless we want rioting to be a part of daily life going forward. Personally, I don't.

There is a Jordan Peterson video that discusses human intelligence as measured by Intelligence Quotient, in which he states the the U.S. Military has done the most work on IQ testing and its societal ramifications over the past century, stating that the military has determined that those with IQ's under a score of 83 are not suitable for military service, saying there is no job they can do where having that person in that role would not be counterproductive. The problem is, a score of 83 excludes ten percent of the population of the U.S., and these people not-coincidentally also have no role in our increasingly complex job market, either. So, what do we do with these folks? After listening to many interviews with the protesters, I'm seeing some very likely overlap between the two groups. Maybe its time we started building pyramids like the ancient Egyptians, to give low-IQ people something to do.
I'm not going to comment on the IQ thing but we do need to have factory jobs because some people are simply not set up to go to college or work in the information economy. You can spend billions on social programs and try to change this but it's not going to work.

So there has to be jobs for them to do that have some dignity. A healthy economy has to be more about that and less about "free trade" and pure economic issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago