Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I object to the attempt by these losers to de-legitimize the votes from metro Chicago. Their goal is to question Obama's victory in Illinois because most of the votes supposedly came from metro Chicago...as if Chicago voters are fake Americans while downstate voters are real Americans. NEWS FLASH: most Illinois voters live in metro Chicago, so it should come as no surprise that most of the votes should come from there. It's not a hard concept to understand.
I am not questioning anything you asshat. I live in Chicago you craptard.
I merely am stating that Illinois outside of the Chicago area still is and has been for a long time has a very strong Republican voting block.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 11-06-2008 at 07:10 PM..

Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,498 times
Quote:
No, I am saying McCain won overall in the parts of Illinois that are not in the Chicago area. DUH.

What part of that can you not understand McFly?
Have you no shame? What you are saying is not even true. Central and Western Illinois (rural counties) voted overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. Do you just manufacture your own facts? Just a random example: Fulton county in central Illinois. Very white, very rural, very poor. Obama won 60% of the vote. Another rural white county: Knox in western Illinois. Obama won 59% of the vote. Another example: Gallatin county in southern Illinois (on the Kentucky border): Obama won 56% of the vote. Again, I urge you to look at the facts: Illinois - County results - County results

But this is beside the point. Even if we assume that McCain won in downstate Illinois, so what? Most voters live in metro Chicago. Why would you want the votes in metro Chicago excluded when Chicago is part of Illinois? Just so you can console yourself that McCain won in the sparsely populated downstate counties? What good does it do to you if you win 90% of the votes in a county with only 10 people? We are counting the votes of humans here, not cows.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Have you no shame? What you are saying is not even true. Central and Western Illinois (rural counties) voted overwhelmingly for Barack Obama. Do you just manufacture your own facts? Just a random example: Fulton county in central Illinois. Very white, very rural, very poor. Obama won 60% of the vote. Another rural white county: Knox in western Illinois. Obama won 59% of the vote. Another example: Gallatin county in southern Illinois (on the Kentucky border): Obama won 56% of the vote. Again, I urge you to look at the facts: Illinois - County results - County results

But this is beside the point. Even if we assume that McCain won in downstate Illinois, so what? Most voters live in metro Chicago. Why would you want the votes in metro Chicago excluded when Chicago is part of Illinois? Just so you can console yourself that McCain won in the sparsely populated downstate counties? What good does it do to you if you win 90% of the votes in a county with only 10 people? We are counting the votes of humans here, not cows.
Are you ignorant or just a tool? Or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Quote:
I object to the attempt by these losers to de-legitimize the votes from metro Chicago. Their goal is to question Obama's victory in Illinois because most of the votes supposedly came from metro Chicago...as if Chicago voters are fake Americans while downstate voters are real Americans. NEWS FLASH: most Illinois voters live in metro Chicago, so it should come as no surprise that most of the votes should come from there. It's not a hard concept to understand.
I merely am stating that Illinois outside of the Chicago area still is and has been for a long time has a very strong Republican voting block.
CAN YOU NOT READ?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I merely am stating that Illinois outside of the Chicago area still is and has been for a long time a very strong Republican voting block.
Wrong. Only the delusional who doesn't look at the actual results can conclude that. I suggest you get off whatever it is you are smoking.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You have not presented an iota of evidence to support your assertion that "outside of Chicago, Ilinois is a solid Republican bloc". I have already shown you the results of last Tuesday's election. Downstate central and western Illinois voted for Obama. If you can't accept that verdict, then you are seriously delusional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
...Total without subtracting the Chicago suburban counties other than Cook:
OBAMA-1696191
MCCAIN-1494982
Like I said; buy some glasses.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Like I said; buy some glasses.
Downstate Illinois is not a solid Republican voting bloc. That's what you claimed. You lied.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Downstate Illinois is not a solid Republican voting bloc. That's what you claimed. You lied.
You are hopeless.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Avengerfire said: "it is apparent the state would have went to McCain without the Chicago area".
In other words, you're saying McCain would have won Illinois had Obama not gotten more votes than him. Wow! What brilliant insight! You must think yourself a genius.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
In other words, you're saying McCain would have won Illinois had Obama not gotten more votes than him. Wow! What brilliant insight! You must think yourself a genius.
No Einstein; I am not. I am saying there are many Republicans that live in Illinois. Many of them do not live in the Chicago area. Go crawl back in your hole and die.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
No Einstein; I am not. I am saying there are many Republicans that live in Illinois. Many of them do not live in the Chicago area. Go crawl back in your hole and die.
Many Republicans live in Illinois, but not enough to defeat Obama, where he carried the state 60%.

And your point is.........?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago