Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,801 times

Advertisements

In honor of Weiner circle I must tell this story. I was out with some of my seedier friends when we first moved here. (couldn't help it career was just kicking off see?) Anyhow even though they were seedy they somehow managed to do really great with the ladies. We went into Weiner circle at like 3 AM to get those cheesy fries they serve, and one of these guys starts flirting with a girl that is there with some friends. We get our stuff and go out to the waiting car, and turn around and he is STILL in there, flirting with this girl. We could only see what happened through the window, but one of the WC employees made fun of this chick and our friend (he was a little seedy remember) goes ape ballistic on the cashier. Then they come out and he gets in the car, but he sits in it with the door open still flirting with this girl. I might add she was smoking hot, and dressed to the nines. suddenly, we see the WC people come running around the back of the restaurant with like a bucket of grease, and he tries to tell her, "get in. get in!" but she was probably a little creeped out as she didn't know us from atom, and we might be trying to abduct her for all she knew. So, he closes the door to the car right before these WC trash come out and dump the whole grease bucket on her. My friend got back out and offered to help her but she was totally pissed off. not willing to talk anymore. She walked all the way home in the cold . So since that I haven't been back at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 01:13 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,752,781 times
Default Long may they wave.

Glad they're surviving. I had my first Chicago hotdog there in October. I wanted to see how badly they'd treat me but they (to my disappointment) were sweet and polite. I was not impressed with the dog but everyone else there was, big crowd at lunch ,scarfing them down like crazy. To describe a Chicago dawg to Californians I tell them it's like a tostada, with the wiener on the bottom and a huge pile of vegetables and pickles on top. Your post is making me think about Hot Doug's and I have to stop typing because I'm drooling on the keyboard.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
Nobody that knows anything about Chicago Hot Dogs thinks the Weiner's Circle is good eating.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,801 times
Yes only the cheesy fries were special there.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:36 PM

411 posts, read 720,365 times
Bump for the visit from Conan's show. Too bad they didn't get a milkshake.

Jack McBrayer & Triumph Visit Chicago's Weiner's Circle - CONAN on TBS - YouTube

Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,358,980 times
The place is unique, fun, and has good food. Of course it isn't going out of business. I always tell friends back home about it. And they are only rude late at night on weekends. Too bad for the haters who wanted it to close or have thin skin.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,515,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
The place is unique, fun, and has good food. Of course it isn't going out of business. I always tell friends back home about it. And they are only rude late at night on weekends. Too bad for the haters who wanted it to close or have thin skin.
Really? That place is an embarrassment, and not because of the staff - it's the customers.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,752,781 times
The one time I was there was in the afternoon and the customers seemed to be largely ladies visiting from Evanston. And the servers didn't scream, not even once. Hot dogs were okay.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:50 AM

955 posts, read 1,833,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Most people familiar with the place get the joke. I personally get a devilish kick out of the fact that the store kind of sits on the edge of Lincoln Park, and in the middle of the gentrified class.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,786 times
This place does look kind of fun, and the Conan segment on it was great. I admit in the first video though the customers were taking it wayyyyy overboard and I guess it should have been expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago