Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 AM

10 posts, read 33,473 times

Advertisements

Hello Chicago! Thanks for all the help and great advice. I wish we were staying longer. We did find a terrific vacation rental on craigslist (I say terrific now, but we have not arrived yet). Thanks again and have a great summer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:21 AM

45 posts, read 173,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmomm410 View Post
Hello, my family will be visiting Chicago for the first time at the end of July. I would love some suggestions from forum readers about the attractions we should check out. My kids are 8 and 11.

Should we do a traditional city tour or just wing it? Would love to do a segway tour, but the kids are too young.

Also, we have been told by friends to stay downtown. Any hotel suggestions would be appreciated. We also would not be opposed to staying in a condo/vacation rental. Any pros and cons on that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Chicago!
Be sure you go to the Navy Pier downtown and walk and take a boat ride for sure. You can visit the new walk on the edge of the building Sears tower if you like. The Hancock Center is much cheaper and view may be better. Go the Natural History museum a great place for kids. Also you must eat Uno's pizza for sure! Also a Cubs game is great fun!
You may want to buy a city pass!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:35 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Hello Chicago! Thanks for all the help and great advice. I wish we were staying longer. We did find a terrific vacation rental on craigslist (I say terrific now, but we have not arrived yet)....
Please let us know how it works out and let us know where you go to as well as how you like them.

If you need more help while you are here we are just a post away.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:15 PM

49 posts, read 138,008 times
Quote:
Hello Chicago! Thanks for all the help and great advice. I wish we were staying longer. We did find a terrific vacation rental on craigslist (I say terrific now, but we have not arrived yet). Thanks again and have a great summer!
Have you search to find out the area you are staying will be safe?
Ask us here to make sure that the place is fit and safe for your fun.
One thing I dislike visiting other cities is not knowing if the hotel I book is in a safe area. This time of the year is a good time for you in Chicago. Have Fun!!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM

121 posts, read 322,950 times
Quote:
Should we do a traditional city tour or just wing it? Would love to do a segway tour, but the kids are too young.
I would do an architecture tour down the Chicago river. The kids will enjoy the tall buildings and you and the wife will enjoy the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago