Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:29 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you ever knew the truth, you have turned your back on it and are now in error. Something either drove the truth out of you, or you chose to turn from it and walk away. Many people do.

I have explained very briefly to you what dispensations are. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. You can turn back toward the truth or you can remain in rebellion. Your choice.
Rebellion? As is not really saved?

Did the thief on the cross believe in the finer points of pre-tribulation end times theory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post

Did the thief on the cross believe in the finer points of pre-tribulation end times theory?
Just rebellion against the truth in general. Whether you believe in Christ or not, I have no idea. Whether you understand that Jesus is God, I don't know. But anyone who doesn't understand that Jesus is God is not saved.

You have shown hostility concerning end time events. You are certainly in rebellion against that truth.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:

I had a friend who is a Pentecostal who made a similar statement as Mike.When I questioned him about it and the source of salvation being a belief in the end times,he started mumbling and said,well yeah,you're right.I think these folk's preacher's must use this as some kind of threat to keep the sheeple from questioning them about the obvious (to rational people) inconsistencies in the theory.

In fact most of the Christian world does not believe in this.It is just a weird strain of American conservatism,kind of like the idea that God supported us killing Iraqi women and children to protect the righteous 'mericans from danger.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
And you quite obviously did not feel capable of dealing with my post on Revelations.And to believe that a belief in dispensations is necessary for salvation is ridiculous in the extreme.It is also heretical.
I never said that you must believe in dispensations to be saved. Nothing remotely like that was said. But without a proper understanding of Dispensations, you cannot rightly divide the word of truth.

I must of missed the post on Revelation. And by the way, it is not 'Revelations', it is 'Revelation.'

Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Just rebellion against the truth in general. Whether you believe in Christ or not, I have no idea. Whether you understand that Jesus is God, I don't know. But anyone who doesn't understand that Jesus is God is not saved.

You have shown hostility concerning end time events. You are certainly in rebellion against that truth.
It is not hostility towards end times events. I just think it takes the focus off the saving grace of Jesus and causes people to focus on something that isn't important.

Quote:
I had a friend who is a Pentecostal who made a similar statement as Mike.When I questioned him about it and the source of salvation being a belief in the end times,he started mumbling and said,well yeah,you're right.I think these folk's preacher's must use this as some kind of threat to keep the sheeple from questioning them about the obvious (to rational people) inconsistencies in the theory.

In fact most of the Christian world does not believe in this.It is just a weird strain of American conservatism,kind of like the idea that God supported us killing Iraqi women and children to protect the righteous 'mericans from danger.
It was sure used in my private High School to keep us kids in line.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Where are you coming up with this stuff about believing in end time events being necessary for salvation? Is that the reason for your hostility toward the subject?

Old 06-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I never said that you must believe in dispensations to be saved. Nothing remotely like that was said. But without a proper understanding of Dispensations, you cannot rightly divide the word of truth.

I must of missed the post on Revelation. And by the way, it is not 'Revelations', it is 'Revelation.'

You're not looking to hard.It's post 13 in this thread.

And I often add an s to words inadvertently because it sounds better to me that way.My wife is constantly reminding me that it is "New Braunfels" not New Braunsfels".Oh well.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Where are you coming up with this stuff about believing in end time events being necessary for salvation? Is that the reason for your hostility toward the subject?
Try your post 18 in this thread.If that is not what you meant then perhaps you should be more careful with your words,because that is where the other poster got the same idea,I am sure.

And I am not any more hostile to the end times ideas than I am to the idea that 2+2=6.Both are just incorrect,that's all.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:00 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Try your post 18 in this thread.If that is not what you meant then perhaps you should be more careful with your words,because that is where the other poster got the same idea,I am sure.

And I am not any more hostile to the end times ideas than I am to the idea that 2+2=6.Both are just incorrect,that's all.
But didn't you know that the cavemen saw 3 as 2 so therefore in cave calculations 2+2 does equal 6.

I get the impression that anyone who disagrees with ANYTHING Mike says is not saved.... perhaps he can clarify.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
It is not hostility towards end times events. I just think it takes the focus off the saving grace of Jesus and causes people to focus on something that isn't important.

It was sure used in my private High School to keep us kids in line.
All Scripture is God breathed and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. (2 Tim 3:16)

With regard to the teaching of the rapture, Paul said this. 1 Thess 4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

The rapture is important. It doesn't affect your salvation, but it a part of the word of God and is to be understood. It is not to be attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity