Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Can we have a sepreate subforum for this particular issue?

It has overwhelmed the Christianty section and IMO ruined it as nearly every thread here degerates into a Universalist v's Orthodox debate.

I might slip

It has been suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

It has overwhelmed the Christianty section and IMO ruined it as nearly every thread here degerates into a Universalist v's Orthodox debate.

I might slip up, but my intention is to quit beating a dead horse. And I feel like this section has been taken over by a cult intent on pushing their "new vision of Christianity" in which there really is no need of a savior in this life to be reconcilled to God.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:16 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:

I might slip
There are other threads that are not on UR/ET

I personally feel that the issue of ET, annihilation and UR are not separate issues from other doctrines eg faith, judgment, eschatology, arminianism, calvinism, - they all reflect different aspects of Gods plan for mankind .....

What I see is people saying I do not want to discuss the issue and then proceed to either start threads on it or reply to posts about it. We all need to be accountable for our actions ---- instead of saying one thing and then doing another .........

This is a dicussion forum about christianity and what I have found it has challenged what I believe and has been good for my faith in God and the importance of Love God and my neighbour, and in seeking for truth and searching scripture and searching my heart, while also listening to what others believe and where they are on their journey .....

Old 07-25-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I'm sorry twin but this is the reality of the message of fundamental christianity .

I recently challenged a poster to pull up any post of his own or any other that simply stated good news , the only thing he could find was a post where he mentioned John 3 verse 16 , but i have know doubt the emphasis was not on "For God so loved the world" but on "shall not perish", proof that eternal torment is a major factor in the message of FC

The good news is the one act of amazing love demonstrated towards man at Calvary, and not the consequences of not believing.
pcamps

I know where you are coming from (against what you call fundamental christianity) but I do think that in the zeal of getting the message across that people can be offensive and not respectful with each other, it is up to the Holy Spirit to convict us, not for us to be tearing each other apart........ how we treat each other shows what is in our own hearts ......... and I also agree with twin that we all need to take the high road and not post things that are not respectful

Old 07-25-2010, 04:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
pcamps

I know where you are coming from (against what you call fundamental christianity) but I do think that in the zeal of getting the message across that people can be offensive and not respectful with each other, it is up to the Holy Spirit to convict us, not for us to be tearing each other apart........ how we treat each other shows what is in our own hearts ......... and I also agree with twin that we all need to take the high road and not post things that are not respectful
Meerkat what do you see disrespectful in the post of mine you quoted . What was said in the post to someone personally ?.
If you have a hard time with me not having anytime for the system of fundamental christianity fot that i am sorry.
How is challenging someone about what they believe disrespectful ?
By the way i am not trying to convict anyone .

I have also made it clear that it's the system of fundamental christianity (not those under it's clutches) as we know and not christianity that i have no time for.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-25-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meerkat what do you see disrespectful in the post of mine you quoted . What was said in the post to someone personally ?.
If you have a hard time with me not having anytime for the system of fundamental christianity fot that i am sorry.
How is challenging someone about what they believe disrespectful ?
By the way i am not trying to convict anyone .
What I see is that twin identifies himself as being a part of fundamental christianity and by attacking fundamental christianity he feels it is attacking him - for him it seems to be personal - this is where things can degenerate instead of discussing the actual doctrines, it gets into labelling and generalising fundamental, UR'er, ET'er and everybody defending the labels

Old 07-25-2010, 05:00 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,573,354 times
Quote:

I might slip up, but my intention is to quit beating a dead horse. And I feel like this section has been taken over by a cult intent on pushing their "new vision of Christianity" in which there really is no need of a savior in this life to be reconcilled to God.
...The fodder for the battle frenzy..."the" most vital nutrient for this forum...otherwise...a thread dies out without so much as taking a second thought...

Quote:
There are other threads that are not on UR/ET

I personally feel that the issue of ET, annihilation and UR are not separate issues from other doctrines eg faith, judgment, eschatology, arminianism, calvinism, - they all reflect different aspects of Gods plan for mankind .....

What I see is people saying I do not want to discuss the issue and then proceed to either start threads on it or reply to posts about it. We all need to be accountable for our actions ---- instead of saying one thing and then doing another .........

This is a dicussion forum about christianity and what I have found it has challenged what I believe and has been good for my faith in God and the importance of Love God and my neighbour, and in seeking for truth and searching scripture and searching my heart, while also listening to what others believe and where they are on their journey .....
The true issue here is "pride"...nobody wanting to be wrong...including myself (sandwiched between the two)...

Overall...without even us realizing...it had help open the minds of those who are seeking the truth...i.e., the lurkers/readers mostly...

Peace!

Old 07-25-2010, 05:04 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times
Quote:
What I see is that twin identifies himself as being a part of fundamental christianity and by attacking fundamental christianity he feels it is attacking him - for him it seems to be personal - this is where things can degenerate instead of discussing the actual doctrines, it gets into labelling and generalising fundamental, UR'er, ET'er and everybody defending the labels

I'm trying to get better at not attacking the group so much as the doctrine. But, I guess I can see how others feel that if you attack the doctrine you attack the group. I don't know how to get around that.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-25-2010 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm trying to get better at not attacking the group so much as the doctrine. But, I guess I can see how others would feel if you attacked the doctrine you attacked the group. I don't know how to get around that.
me either

Old 07-25-2010, 05:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Twin and many others attack UR , i have never once taken it as being an attack on me personally, although it probably was.

It's kind of ironic that the system believes in this harsh God is easily offended and yet myself and others who believe in a God of love are not offended in the slightest when this so called hippy god we believe in is attacked .I actually love it when i am called a heretic .
I also do not consider myself a UR'er , i have never stated that i was , i just happen to believe in universal reconciliation.
I am straight john bull about a system i believe is not of God, if this is offensive to you i am sorry.
I have always made a point of it being the system and not the people .

Last edited by pcamps; 07-25-2010 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity