Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I know that until a problem can be fixed, it first needs to be reconized. And in a group, especially among people confessing to be Christians, we each need to honestly compare oneself to Christ, not compare one to another.

If we are willing to admit the problem starts in\with me, the sooner the tense atmosphere will decrease. Unfortunately, things that happen in our persnal lives do often influence how we say something or react to what has been written.
Very, very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Is saying things like 'fundy' 'ET' or 'ETer' offensive to you? I know people do it for the most part to save typing but I would just like to know
Yes, it is offensive. Would you mind using 'Christian believers" instead. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is offensive. Would you mind using 'Christian believers" instead. Thanks.
Finn there are labels for lots of denominations as well as different beliefs in christianity e.g preterist, futurist , arminian, calvinist etc what label would be ok with you for some one who believes in eternal torment as opposed to annihilation and universal salvation - do you want christian eternal torment believer typed out in full? CETB for short?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Finn there are labels for lots of denominations as well as different beliefs in christianity e.g preterist, futurist , arminian, calvinist etc what label would be ok with you for some one who believes in eternal torment as opposed to annihilation and universal salvation - do you want christian eternal torment believer typed out in full? CETB for short?
'Christian believer" will do just fine, thanks. Or if you tire of typing you may use "CB". If you want to add preterist, futurist , arminian, calvinist etc for those who you think it applies to, then be my guest, but I don't really see the point, since they all believe in salvation through faith in Christ only - John 3:16 (while living).

Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 AM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
'Christian believer" will do just fine, thanks. Or if you tire of typing you may use "CB". If you want to add preterist, futurist , arminian, calvinist etc for those who you think it applies to, then be my guest, but I don't really see the point, since they all believe in salvation through faith in Christ only - John 3:16 (while living).
Finn The point is about communication and identifying what differentiates different beliefs when we are talking about these different doctrines..... Labels are a part of communication........

Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Finn The point is about communication and identifying what differentiates different beliefs when we are talking about these different doctrines..... Labels are a part of communication........
Then label me as John 3:16 believer. Thank you in advance.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:57 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,004,493 times
Not all Christian believers believe in ET,therefore that designation does not indicate fully the difference in their beliefs.Neither does a Jn 3:16 believer,as all UR's believe in Jn 3:16 also.

Why the desire not to be identified with one of the main tenets of your faith?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Not all Christian believers believe in ET,therefore that designation does not indicate fully the difference in their beliefs.Neither does a Jn 3:16 believer,as all UR's believe in Jn 3:16 also.

Why the desire not to be identified with one of the main tenets of your faith?
My main tenet is John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

That is the good news that I believe in, which is why I keep repeating it, and I do not waste my time thinking and talking about eternal punishment, so why should you insist that is my main tenet?

Shall we call URs "Temporary Tormentors"? or "Forceful Salvation Enforcers"?

You know what: whatever makes you happy. You can label me anything you want, and I will lable myself a John 3:16 believer, and URs I will label Temporary Tormentors.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
There's that group called "John 10 people" (the man with 3 names belongs to it) , i wish i knew what they were about because i cannot make head or tail of what he's talking about .

Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,004,493 times
Quote:
My main tenet is John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

That is the good news that I believe in, which is why I keep repeating it, and I do not waste my time thinking and talking about eternal punishment, so why should you insist that is my main tenet?

Shall we call URs "Temporary Tormentors"? or "Forceful Salvation Enforcers"?

You know what: whatever makes you happy. You can label me anything you want, and I will lable myself a John 3:16 believer, and URs I will label Temporary Tormentors.
To say you do not waste your time talking about ET is a false statement.You have been deleted out of threads,one just a couple of days ago,for trying to turn the thread into an ET vs UR thread.No wonder people here label you as being disingenuous.You know your statement is not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity