Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I'm trying to get better at not attacking the group so much as the doctrine. But, I guess I can see how others would feel if you attacked the doctrine you attacked the group. I don't know how to get around that.
Herefornow...God's knows we CAN'T......for we are what we are...in total need of "GOD"...

Blessings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 05:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
I'm trying to get better at not attacking the group so much as the doctrine. But, I guess I can see how others would feel if you attacked the doctrine you attacked the group. I don't know how to get around that.
Herefornow God knows your heart . He knows you know what this system has done to multitudes through the years, and has no issues with you speaking out against the system that controls it's own people under it's influence.

Keep blowing the trumpet and sounding the alarm

Last edited by pcamps; 07-25-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Can we have a sepreate subforum for this particular issue?

It has overwhelmed the Christianty section and IMO ruined it as nearly every thread here degerates into a Universalist v's Orthodox debate.
I agree there should be a separate forum for UR, because it is impossible to discuss matters of faith here when every thread ends up in the same argument.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
thanks.
I wondered the same thing a few months back. Now I wish I'd never heard either term. That is absolutely all people on this forum want to talk about. It's absolutely unbelievable how we can never take a break from this topic.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:22 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twin and many others attack UR , i have never once taken it as being an attack on me personally.

It's kind of ironic that the system believes in this harsh God is easily offended and yet myself and others who believe in a God of love are not offended in the slightest when this so called hippy god we believe in is attacked .I actually love it when i am called a heretic .
I also do not consider myself a UR'er , i have never stated that i was , i just happen to believe in universal reconciliation.
I am straight john bull about a system i believe is not of God, if this is offensive to you i am sorry.
I have always made a point of it being the system and not the people .
Me too pcamps me too ......... to me it seems that you can come across to others as having all the answers and that UR is the height of Gods plan ... but it seems to me that UR is a part of Gods plan and that Gods plan does have annihilation in it for all of those that do unrighteousness ..... judgment links death and life ......

At times you can seem as if you are unconcerned about others feelings and views the same as others can come across that they are not concerned with your feelings or views .... I personally am not offended at what you said but I do understand that others would be offended at some of the things that you say........

Old 07-25-2010, 05:25 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Me too pcamps me too ......... to me it seems that you can come across to others as having all the answers and that UR is the height of Gods plan ... but it seems to me that UR is a part of Gods plan and that Gods plan does have annihilation in it for all of those that do unrighteousness ..... judgment links death and life ......

At times you can seem as if you are unconcerned about others feelings and views the same as others can come across that they are not concerned with your feelings or views .... I personally am not offended at what you said but I do understand that others would be offended at some of the things that you say........
Can you explain the bolded part above? I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:35 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Twin and many others attack UR , i have never once taken it as being an attack on me personally, although it probably was.

It's kind of ironic that the system believes in this harsh God is easily offended and yet myself and others who believe in a God of love are not offended in the slightest when this so called hippy god we believe in is attacked .I actually love it when i am called a heretic .
I also do not consider myself a UR'er , i have never stated that i was , i just happen to believe in universal reconciliation.
I am straight john bull about a system i believe is not of God, if this is offensive to you i am sorry.
I have always made a point of it being the system and not the people .
You're right with..."the system" and not the people...

Old 07-25-2010, 05:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Meerkat i do not have all the answers there are many posters on here this forum who i look up to and thank God for who have much more than i could ever offer. I know you have issues with me , i vaguelly remember you saying similar stuff to me in the past,maybe you offend real easy and this is the issue ?.

There are many posters on here who post very similar posts to what i do , but i do not see you calling them out , maybe its just me .

What i do have is confidence in a God who loves me , regardless of what i see in my own flesh , maybe my confidence is being misunderstood , it's actually the same confidence i had when i believed in ET.

I will leave the final word with you and move on

Last edited by pcamps; 07-25-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 05:41 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Can you explain the bolded part above? I don't quite understand what you are saying.
Quote:
Gods plan does have annihilation in it for all of those that do unrighteousness ..... judgment links death and life ......

My thoughts are - There is annihilation of the flesh by judgment (first starts at the house of God) ---- resurrection is from death through Christ, and the second death is still death, Jesus overcame all death.

It seems to me that where disagreements happen is in what is the nature of death, judgement and resurrection...... scripture is talking of both physical and spiritual things often in the same verse and, depending on how it is interpreted, it can and does change the meaning ........

Old 07-25-2010, 05:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
My thoughts are - There is annihilation of the flesh by judgment (first starts at the house of God) ---- resurrection is from death through Christ, and the second death is still death, Jesus overcame all death.

It seems to me that where disagreements happen is in what is the nature of death, judgement and resurrection...... scripture is talking of both physical and spiritual things often in the same verse and, depending on how it is interpreted, it can and does change the meaning ........
Yes. Layers. Okay. Thanks for the explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity