Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

I see no contention. There is grace when one sins.. if a Christian repents . We do NOT willfully sin. God sees the heart. Peter did not understand how fear would cause him to sin. Jesus had great love for Peter and did not renounce him . Peter was humbled for he remembered how he had thought his allegiance to Jesus was stronger. We are to know that God does not cut off those who fall into sin and repent and see the error of their ways. Should grace abound that sin abound , God Forbid. There is an evenness to the Word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 06:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
If you still willfully sin, you are not born again. It is written. Thus saith the LORD God Almighty. You willfully sin by not keeping the Sabbath holy unto God on purpose...just as if you committed adultery willfully...the same.

No repentant, born again, changed in to the character of Christ, believer commits willfull sin.

You know them by their fruits.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

I have already proven that this is a lie. The apostle Peter himself sinned by preferring the circumcision and commanding gentiles that they must observe the Law, and he knew it was wrong when he did it but he acted out of fear ... Something which you refuse to even acknowledge proving your guilt as a sinner who denies your sin and who denies the truth of the scriptures.

Galatians 2:11-21
When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong. Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray. When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

And Peter did this after he had received the holy spirit at Pentecost and after he had received a vision from God commanding him not to prefer the circumcision. So either Paul was a liar and the book of acts is a book of lies, or you and ScGraham and all those who teach and believe the way you do about these things are liars.

I'll believe Paul on the matter and ill trust the words of the book of Galatians instead of the words of yourself and ScGraham any day of the week.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-06-2010 at 07:03 PM..

Old 10-06-2010, 06:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have learned not to quote from the epistles so as not to get caught in endless contentions...

Love is my compass and there is no semblance of love in the alleged writings of Paul.

Peace!
I don't understand how you can say that ... It is the apostle Paul who wrote that only faith love and hope will remain, and that the greatest of these is love.

Paul wrote about love and its preeminence as much as, if not more than, any other subject.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-06-2010 at 06:56 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 02:17 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Peter was simply trying to be all things to all men. What he did was wrong but his heart was still in the right doctrine but he let his inconsistency weaken the gospel. Christ died and the gentile was then grafted into the tree of life and we are to follow him .

Peter was making the gentiles as second class citizens yet Christ died that this wall between the Jew and Gentile was removed. Paul was right to correct him. We all today make mistakes. That is why we must teach one another because we can be blind to what we do when our heart is in the right place but our actions are clearly wrong.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,616 times
The early apostles knew that sin was going to happen, but that God's grace was there to save us. Acts Chapters 1-7 | Relijournal

Old 12-09-2010, 04:43 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I have learned not to quote from the epistles so as not to get caught in endless contentions...

Love is my compass and there is no semblance of love in the alleged writings of Paul.

Peace!
Oh ans . . . 1st Corinthians 13!!!!(Oh btw . . . the KJV uses "charity"because it is closer to agape love and cannot be confused with human lust/love.)

Old 12-09-2010, 06:56 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Oh ans . . . 1st Corinthians 13!!!!(Oh btw . . . the KJV uses "charity"because it is closer to agape love and cannot be confused with human lust/love.)
"Most alleged" writings of Paul display a bipolar mindset that include but not limited to:

1) Proclaiming to be superior to all the apostles handpicked and under the tutelage of Jesus. 2 Corinthians 13:15
2) Men controlling women - Timothy 3:11-15, Corinthians 14:34-35
3) Followers owing their faith to Paul instead of the Holy Spirit - Philemon 1:19
4) Humiliating a brother in Faith (Peter) publicly is not a compassionate act by Love's standard regardless of reason Galatians 2:9-11
5) Contending with James' epistle about "Faith not Works" yet, changing in another passage to include works Galatians 3:6-14
7) Promulgation of "rapture" Thessalonians 4:17

Yes...I agree with you Mystic that at first glance (if we choose and pick...) the theme is quite spiritual, but...

All I'm saying is that, some passages lack resonance in musical vibration, thus...I'm wary. (I could be way off) - imho

Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
"Most alleged" writings of Paul display a bipolar mindset that include but not limited to:

1) Proclaiming to be superior to all the apostles handpicked and under the tutelage of Jesus. 2 Corinthians 13:15
2) Men controlling women - Timothy 3:11-15, Corinthians 14:34-35
3) Followers owing their faith to Paul instead of the Holy Spirit - Philemon 1:19
4) Humiliating a brother in Faith (Peter) publicly is not a compassionate act by Love's standard regardless of reason Galatians 2:9-11
5) Contending with James' epistle about "Faith not Works" yet, changing in another passage to include works Galatians 3:6-14
7) Promulgation of "rapture" Thessalonians 4:17

Yes...I agree with you Mystic that at first glance (if we choose and pick...) the theme is quite spiritual, but...

All I'm saying is that, some passages lack resonance in musical vibration, thus...I'm wary. (I could be way off) - imho
I understand, ans . . . but that is the case with the bulk of the scriptures we have available. That is why it is necessary to correctly divide the word. Why else would this be necessary? That you see discrepancies testifies to the strong development of your spiritual maturity. We have no choice but to carefully divide the word . . . what the blind followers of ancient ignorance call "picking and choosing" as if it was a bad thing. As long as we follow what God has "written in our hearts" with the help of the Holy Spirit (the "mind of Christ") "in love of God and each other" . . . we will not go wrong.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand, ans . . . but that is the case with the bulk of the scriptures we have available. That is why it is necessary to correctly divide the word. Why else would this be necessary? That you see discrepancies testifies to the strong development of your spiritual maturity. We have no choice but to carefully divide the word . . . what the blind followers of ancient ignorance call "picking and choosing" as if it was a bad thing. As long as we follow what God has "written in our hearts" with the help of the Holy Spirit (the "mind of Christ") "in love of God and each other" . . . we will not go wrong.
Whew! I'm glad we got that cleared up. I would hate to be in contention with one of the few here I consider Cyber friends! "A house divided cannot stand..."-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity