Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 02:35 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes. You are wrong. Your words in your posts and your attitude belie your statement that you can admit you are wrong.

I am not wrong. Nor can I be deceived by those who are but puppets of Satan who wishes to prevent those who he may from realizing the importance of receiving Christ as Savior before they die, because there are no opportunities to be saved after death.

For the believer to have a teachable spirit he must be under the control of the indwelling Holy Spirit. The means by which this is accomplished is by utilizing the principle of 1 John 1:9 to simply name your known sins to God. This takes the believer out from under the control of his old sin nature and back under the control of God the Holy Spirit. This is called the filling of the Spirit. The believer is commanded to be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). The believer who is filled with the Holy Spirit is enabled to understand the spritual phenomenon which is Bible doctrine.

For more information on this most basic of Bible doctrines, simply refer to the following link...

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/love1.htm - broken link)

To whom does the hatred belong? To those who warn the lost of their condition so that they may understand the issue and escape the eternal future of the lost through faith in Christ, or to those who continually mislead others into thinking that everyone will eventually be saved when the reality is that those who die without Christ will spend eternity in the lake of fire?

God does not and cannot compromise His holiness on the basis of His love. God's love motivated Him to provide the means of salvation, but it was His holiness that actually made salvation possible. It is that same holiness that demands the the unbeliever remain eternally separated from God in the lake of fire.

Then you have not read enough of my posts. The solution is to simply go back and read them.

From the lips of Jesus Himself. Matthew 25:41 ''Then He (Jesus referring to Himself) will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 46] ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.'' It wasn't Frank Herbert who wrote those words in the Bible, it was God Himself through the apostle Matthew.

God does not harden the hearts of those who believe His word. He hardens the hearts of those who have first already rejected the truth.

Scripture after Scripture make it abundantly clear that there are many who will never be saved. Universalists are in direct contradition of the stated word of God.

Your words are a perfect example of the bigotry and hate and the sinister nature of traditional fundamentalist Christianity, i appreciate your participation in this thread.

Peace ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 02:37 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So is your toleration momentary? Do you belive that the very people you tolerate deserve to be tortured? Or annihilated? Lets get right down to the point. Do you believe that unbelievers(those who are not Christian) deserve to be tortured, or killed? Yes or no?
Define torture. Do you mean be forced to listen to terrible music? Sure why not.

Killed? Depends on the offense, have they killed or maimed others.

Not really a yes or no scenerio. What would Jesus do?

Old 09-05-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And you wonder why so many find your god so distasteful. No matter how one lives their life, if they don't perform the right rituals, say the right words, then it's off to the lake of fire. Very myopic of your god don't you think, but it is effective in delivering the "fear" message ain't it.

Also very myopic of the followers that can't see beyond the bully tactics of the constant threat of this lake of fire.
Well God set the rules and if someone chooses to break them then they reap what they sow.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yikes! Geez, I like most of those people. I think they are good people. Why so judgemental? Oh well. To each their own.
I was merely comparing lists of the rich and undeserving. I like most of the people in the other list, less lies and more facts.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - it is your opinion that it is human pride and arrogance and foolishness for anyone to not believe in God. Not believing in something and denying something are very different. And my non-belief is not due to pride or arrogance - it is due to not knowing. I do not know all the answers. Maybe for some it is pride - but it is not for all. Non-belief is something that you don't seem to be able to comprehend. Making up facts about things that you do not comprehend does not make them true. If you really want to know what is in the hearts of others - ask them. Then you will find out what makes them unbelievers.
You can say "the reality of it" but that doesn't make it true. That might be your reality - but it is certainly not "the reality of it." Opinions are opinions - not facts.
You have been given the Gospel and you have chosen to reject it. You have said in other threads, words to the effect that you have no interest in being 'converted'.

1 Cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God, 19] for it is written, ''I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.'' 20] Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21] For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

2 Cor 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4] in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Psalm 14:1 The fool has said in his heart, ''There is no God.''

And it is a fool who cannot see his own arrogance.

Read this or don't read it. Your choice...
Who Knows? You Do! The existence of God evident in the Bible and in "natural" revelation.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-05-2010 at 03:04 PM..

Old 09-05-2010, 03:01 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Your words are a perfect example of the bigotry and hate and the sinister nature of traditional fundamentalist Christianity, i appreciate your participation in this thread.

Peace ...
For those who haven't as yet seen 'my words', readers may refer back to posts #20, 29 and 37 to see what the above fella calls hatred.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
You have been given the Gospel and you have chosen to reject it. You have said in other threads, words to the effect that you have no interest in being 'converted'.

1 Cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God, 19] for it is written, ''I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.'' 20] Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21] For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

2 Cor 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4] in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Who Knows? You Do! The existence of God evident in the Bible and in "natural" revelation.
I understand that your religion is the only truth to you. I respect that. It is not my truth. I am neither proud nor arrogant about my beliefs. I simply believe what I believe. There are so many different religions in this world. I respect them all.
You may think me a fool. You may think I'm Satan himself for all I care. Your opinion of me does not matter to me since I do not know you. In the same respect - my opinion, I'm sure, does not matter to you as I don't know you. I'm sure if we actually met in person - we could have lovely conversations - as I'm a very friendly and funny person. Maybe you would even forget for second that I'm going to hell!

Maybe we could all just spend less time thinking about people that we hate or think are wicked or think are doomed to hell - and think about all the good things and the good people in this world. I also think there is good to be found in everyone and everything. There is no person that we can't learn at least one little thing from.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
For those who haven't as yet seen 'my words', readers may refer back to posts #20, 29 and 37 to see what the above fella calls hatred.
I'm not saying you are filled with hatred. I think you have made assumptions about people that you know nothing about but I never mentioned hatred. Mean - maybe a little. But I don't think your intention was to be nice.
Oh - and I'm not a fella.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I was merely comparing lists of the rich and undeserving. I like most of the people in the other list, less lies and more facts.
Well - you and I feel the exact opposite about everyone. But that's fine. We can't all like the same people.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:07 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,044,013 times
Quote:

Many of us don't want to be converted. Some of us are atheists others have their own religious tradition. We are good people. We are not evil or lost.

It is the folks who preach eternal damnation and lakes of hellfire and the hate of Christianity that made me go the other way. I am as sure as you are about my faith tradition. My extended family is Christian and I have never heard them utter any of what I have heard here on these forums coming from some of the Christians. They are loving, giving and truly follow what they see and believe to be what Christianity teaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity