Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What is more perplexing is why people continually ask "Why would God create something He hates?" instead of the true question is:

"Why would the created that refuse to repent expect preferential treatment and be allowed enterance into heaven like the believer? "

Romans 11:32
For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Romans 5:19
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

The fact is according to the scriptures, repentance is not a personal choice, it is irresistible gift ... Just like faith is. It is God who heals the spiritual malady of unbelief and sin. When a person is healed spiritually and given repentance then they acknowledge the truth and believe, plain and simple.

2 Timothy 2:25
in meekness instructing those opposing -- if perhaps God may give to them repentance to an acknowledging of the truth

Basically, according to the scriptures, the general premise underlying your question is erroneous ... Your begging the question. And on multiple levels, as Meerkat pointed out, unbelievers(those who do not believe in God) do not expect to go to heaven in the first place. They expect to cease to exist, or else simply have no opinion on the matter whatsoever ...

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-18-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 08:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Romans 11:32
For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.
Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
Yes, it is God's desire to have all come to the knowledge of the truth, and obey His commandments...that many will be made righteous...but not all will. He's speaking only of those who are justified through faith in Jesus Christ, and not just in lip service but in deeds...you will know them by their fruit...not willfull sinners who live their lives in sin.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

The fact is according to the scriptures, repentance is not a personal choice, it is irresistible gift ... Just like faith is. It is God who heals the spiritual malady of unbelief and sin. When a person is healed spiritually and given repentance then they acknowledge the truth and believe, plain and simple.

Basically, according to the scriptures, the general premise underlying your question is erroneous ... Your begging the question. And on multiple levels, as Meerkat pointed out, unbelievers(those who do not believe in God) do not expect to go to heaven in the first place. They expect to cease to exist, or else simply have no opinion on the matter whatsoever ...

Peace ...
Yes, salvation isn't a choice rather we are chosen however that in and of itself needs to be understood correctly.
According to scriptures people can and do refuse to repent or reject his mercy. It's unfortunate that people do it but they are going to recieve their due eternal punishment since they refused to believe that their sin was paid in full for them personally. The objective price paid by Jesus isn't what ultimatly saves, it is the subjective or lack thereof that ultimatly determines residency.

There is no scripture clearer than John 3:36, Matthew 25:41 that annihilation or the "all" argument will not be the option for those on Jesus' left.

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-18-2010 at 09:27 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:36 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
You can only get and understand that message if you're listening to the Holy Spirit.
And you are, I take it?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Galatians 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Yes, it is God's desire to have all come to the knowledge of the truth, and obey His commandments...that many will be made righteous...but not all will.

So in effect you are saying that Isa 55:11 is a lie ...

Isa 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

You cant say that God desires all people to be saved, and then say that the word of God will accomplish whatever god desires, and then go on to say that all people will not be saved.

One of these three things cant be true if the other two are true ...

1. God desires all people to be saved.

2. The word of god(Christ) will accomplish what God desires.

3. Most people will not be saved.

One of the three above cannot be true. only two of the above can be true at the same time. So take our pick ... I'll give you a hint, two of the above are actual quotes from the bible, and one is not ...

Quote:
He's speaking only of those who are justified through faith in Jesus Christ, and not just in lip service but in deeds...you will know them by their fruit...not willfull sinners who live their lives in sin.

Does anyone see "only those who are justified through faith in Jesus Christ, and not just in lip service but in deeds" in the verse above?

I certainly don't ...

What i do see is "the many" who were made sinners because of the disobience of on(Adam), and that means everyone, will be made righteous because of the obedience of one man(Jesus).

How many people were made sinners because of Adam? All people ...

And how many people will be made righteous because of Christ? The very same amount, all people ...

What Verna and many other Christians teach is that the disobedience of Adam is more powerful and had a much more massive effect on humanity than the obedience of Christ has had or will have.

They teach that this sin of Adam is more powerful than the obedience of Christ. Plain and simple ... They are teaching that sin is more powerful than the work of Christ on the cross.

Quote:
In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

This coming from a person who believe that Jesus who is God hates most of humanity, including most Christians.

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2010 at 01:18 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Yes, salvation isn't a choice rather we are chosen however that in and of itself needs to be understood correctly.
According to scriptures people can and do refuse to repent or reject his mercy. It's unfortunate that people do it but they are going to recieve their due eternal punishment since they refused to believe that their sin was paid in full for them personally. The objective price paid by Jesus isn't what ultimatly saves, it is the subjective or lack thereof that ultimatly determines residency.
More blatantly contradictory rhetoric ...

First Twin.Spin says that salvation is not a choice.

Then he says people can choose to reject salvation, which is the same thing as saying that people can choose to accept salvation and be saved.

And he continues to make the point that the reason why people will suffer for eternity is because they did not choose to be saved by accepting it.

Then he goes on to say that it is not the price which Christ paid that "ultimately" saves us, but instead its our choice to be saved or to not be saved by accepting or rejecting salvation that "ultimately" saves us or damns us.

Some people cant tell if they are coming or going ... Wow.

Quote:
There is no scripture clearer than John 3:36, Matthew 25:41 that annihilation or the "all" argument will not be the option for those on Jesus' left.
John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

Indeed, its pretty clear, but you don't seem to understand the above scripture in the least.

The apostle Paul Rejected Christ, and he ended up seeing life, didn't he? And the wrath of God no longer remained on him even though he rejected Christ earlier in his life.

Why?

Because later he confessed Christ was lord to the glory of the father, just like everybody who will ever live will one do one day.

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers

Indeed, the above scripture is also perfectly clear. But again it is apparent that you do not understand it.

So instead of ripping the verse out of Context, lets see it in context shall we?

Matthew 25:31-41
And whenever the Son of Man may come in his glory, and all the holy messengers with him, then he shall sit upon a throne of his glory; and gathered together before him shall be all the nations, and he shall separate them from one another, as the shepherd doth separate the sheep from the goats, and he shall set the sheep indeed on his right hand, and the goats on the left. 'Then shall the king say to those on his right hand, Come ye, the blessed of my Father, inherit the reign that hath been prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I did hunger, and ye gave me to eat; I did thirst, and ye gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and ye received me; naked, and ye put around me; I was infirm, and ye looked after me; in prison I was, and ye came unto me. 'Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee? And the king answering, shall say to them, Verily I say to you, Inasmuch as ye did it to one of these my brethren -- the least -- to me ye did it. Then shall he say also to those on the left hand, Go ye from me, the cursed, to the fire, the age-during, that hath been prepared for the Devil and his messengers

Now this is were most Christian get mixed up. They infer that this passage of scripture is speaking about the final judgment after the resurrection of the dead, but that is not what this passage is talking about. It is talking about the judgment of those who are left alive among the nations at the time of Christ return, at the beginning of the reign of Christ on earth. This passage has nothing to do with the judgment of the dead.

And finally, the fire that is prepared for the devil and his angels is also misunderstood, as is the lake of fire. The fire of Gods judgments is the unquenchable fire of his jealous love for all people. And the purpose for it is the eventual purification of all those who are so judged, just as the sons of Levi and all the wicked and unbelieving will be judged by fire on the day of his coming and will be purified like gold and silver.

Sgs 8:6-7
Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame.
Many waters cannot quench love;
rivers cannot wash it away.

Mal 3:2-5
But who can endure the day of his coming? Who can stand when he appears? For he will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap. He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver. Then the LORD will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness, and the offerings of Judah and Jerusalem will be acceptable to the LORD, as in days gone by, as in former years. “So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me,†says the LORD Almighty.

So we see, it is plainly written above, that on the day of lord, God will come close and judge not only the sons of Levi (who are even now in outer darkness having been cut off Mat 8:12) so that Jerusalem and Judah will be acceptable to the lord once again, but also to do the same for all sorcerers, adulterers, perjurers, those who defraud others, those who oppress others, those who deprive others, and those who do not fear him.

The above passage clearly states that the purpose of Gods fiery judgment of Israel and all the wicked and unbelieving is for purification as one purifies Gold and silver in fire, and in order to make them righteous and acceptable before God.

The truth is, many Christian simply don't want to believe this is true, though they pretend like they would be happy if it were ... One day they will really be happy that it is true, especially when they realize that they are the ones who are being judged by the fire of God ...

Peace ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-19-2010 at 01:16 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 01:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
"Why would the created that refuse to repent expect preferential treatment and be allowed entrance into heaven like the believer? "
In principle and actuality, truth will be the judge.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:20 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...in MY Book, it's as different as night and day...

I preach the Word of God...and this is what He says in MY Book...

"For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee...THOU HATEST ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY." (Psalms 5:4-5).

"...But The wicked and him that loveth violence HIS SOUL HATETH." (Psalms 11:5).

"The face of the LORD is against them that do evil..." (Psalms 34:16)

Please note that the face of the Lord is not against what evil one does, it is against the one who does evil. So much for "God loves the sinner...". The fact is that God hates both the wicked and their sins.
Please note that this was King David's opinion.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Does anyone agree with God loving the sinner but hating the sin?
I agree with this, and this is also why I believe all souls will be saved.

Man cannot "love the sinner, and hate the sin." What generally happens, in my experience spending years with people who make this statement, is that they generally also hate the sinner, because they also believe that God will throw sinners in an oven. So it becomes a snare to them to believe this.

We are called to love. The judging is for God alone.

Blessings,
Brian

Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 406 times
"Does God Love the Sinner and Hate Only His Sin?" - Dr. John H. Gerstner <- This article is extremely enlightening on the issue the Bible is very clear on the issue of God's hatred for the wicked, but it is also clear that He has given all men common grace and a type of love. Because God's love and hatred are quite different than ours it's a difficult topic to understand, but I think that with God's grace and guidance through His word, the answer can be unraveled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity