Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:04 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times

Advertisements

Let's discuss this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyEOdnckKCQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 06:15 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Let's discuss this....
What I have never understood is why God would have bothered making the earth appear old if it were young. Wouldn't that just be a dirty trick?

I have also never understood why it's so important to young earth creationists that the earth be young. I mean I don't accept the idea of a young earth, but believing in an old earth hasn't done anything to destroy my faith in God. I believe He was responsible for our universe being here whether the process took 6 days, 6000 years ago or several billion years. Would a universe created in 6 days somehow be a greater miracle than the one we have?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What I have never understood is why God would have bothered making the earth appear old if it were young. Wouldn't that just be a dirty trick?
Exactly.

Quote:
I have also never understood why it's so important to young earth creationists that the earth be young. I mean I don't accept the idea of a young earth, but believing in an old earth hasn't done anything to destroy my faith in God. I believe He was responsible for our universe being here whether the process took 6 days, 6000 years ago or several billion years. Would a universe created in 6 days somehow be a greater miracle than the one we have?
If we were in reality, to ascribe to YEC, then it would be "hyper" evolution at an alarming rate, however, even so, evolution does still exist in the YEC paradigm, it is just they are refusing to accept the evidence of that flaw that puts them, in the same camp as OEC, CC, and Darwinists in that evolution did occur, to some degree, as in this case, at a much faster rate.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:58 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
I believe the earth is probably billions of years old, and that it quite possibly began with a big bang, I believe in the evolution of animals, that dinosaurs existed, that there was probably never a global flood, that man has always been man but has also evolved both mentally and physically and I believe that God is the creator of this old world and the things in it..

Old 10-17-2010, 12:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I can only personally verify that the earth is 34 years old. Everything else is just heresay.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:08 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can only personally verify that the earth is 34 years old. Everything else is just heresay.
hahahaha - you Jewpaneses are smart people!

Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,931,284 times
I'm pretty much with Miss Blue on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That made me laugh... out loud.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post

I agree: it would be a dirty trick. And more than that, it would also be a lie.
My Bible tells me that God does not lie. He is not a Creator of lies.

Bud

Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,744 times
Default The Truth

First, the most natural understanding from Scripture on the age of the universe is this: The universe looks old because The Eternal One made it whole. When through The Son of Adam, namely Yeshua Messiac The Eternal One made Adam, Adam was not a fetus; Adam was a man. He had the appearance of a man, which in accordance with human wisdom would have required time for Adam to get old. But not by the sovereign creative power of Him who inhabits eternity. He put Adam in the garden, which was not merely seeds; it was a fertile, fecund, mature garden. The Genesis account clearly bears witness that G-d creates, and makes things whole. Secundo, the universe looks old because it bears testimony to the effects of sin, and thus the judgment of G-d seen through the catastrophe of the Flood, and catastrophes innumerable thereafter. The world looks old because, as Paul says in Romans 8, it is groaning. It gives empirical evidence of the reality of sin. If we attempt to infer that the earth is old because of scientific consensus, we must recognize that this consensus also claims that the effects of sin...death by the millions and billions...were present long before the emergence of Adam (or a first human), and certainly long before there was the possibility of Adam's sin. These effects are Biblically attributable only to the Fall. The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 10-17-2010, 02:17 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
These marks about 'The earth only looks old..'

What is really meant here is that science has discovered evidence since the 19th century that the earth is old.
Thus we get 'it only looks like that because of some trick by God (or Adam's fall - which is another trick by God, when you come to think of it) which has faked evidence of antiquity to fool us.'

Frankly, if I believed in God I would not Dare to accuse Him of any such dirty tricks.

This is YE absurdity. The earth contains a good deal of evidence of antiquity because it IS ancient. That's evidence. Faith is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity