Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times

Advertisements

Not the Christian with his nose in a book looking for God..The Atheist is working right alongside God.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

On the contrary, this is your interpretation of scripture and God's will. Can you evidence any Christian Church condemning non-Christians solely because they are non-Christians?
Again, rejection of Christ does not please God, so to answer the question, it is impossible to please God without faith. In the other hand, if an atheist becomes a believer, it would please God immensely, and angels would cry with joy.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Not the Christian with his nose in a book looking for God..The Atheist is working right alongside God.
I would assume the 'Christian' in the example is someone who has already found God. A believer. If not, then I don't know why the author would choose to use the term 'Christian'. It would be misleading.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:14 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Not the Christian with his nose in a book looking for God..
with all due respect,she said talks about the bible all day (iow-actively witnessing,for we each have different gifts we give to the world).

Quote:
The Atheist is working right alongside God.
agreed,but the atheist refuses to acknowledge Him...and the fact that it is by Him alone that he is able to do these good works in the first place.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:36 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
with all due respect,she said talks about the bible all day .
My apologies to you and the op

Old 11-21-2010, 12:52 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,730 times
none needed Miss Blue

Old 11-21-2010, 02:46 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Which one is well-pleasing unto God?

- an atheist who actively works to bring peace and Love among his fellow beings;

- or a Christian who talks about the Bible all day and nothing else.

Blessings to all!
Brian
There is no doubt that God desires peace and love to one another. However, what is there for the atheist to love another above themselves? Is that possible with the athiest? If so, by what motivation, if it is not of Christ?

For Christ says:

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

So if I were an athiest and just because I love and give peace to others has only the reward of the publicans by the truth of the verse above.

So, I don't want to give the impression that to be an atheist enjoined with showing love for others is to abide in Christ but certainly the works of loving others is a better spiritual offering then to give lip service to God.

But now give me an atheist that can love even their enemies above themselves and I will be comfounded that they call themselves an "athiest" since THAT nature is owing to the Spirit of God.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:43 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
The atheist can do good works for himself and be proud of his work for himself without God, and say Who needs God? , and God say to him You got your reward I can`t bless you because I don`t see Jesus in your spirit........ The Christian who studies the Word of God, Jesus is well pleased with him for he loves God and has Jesus in his Spirit and Jesus Words are important to Heaven and the Christian who studies all day....... in Luke 11: 31 ....`` The Queen of the south [Sheba] Shall rise up in the judgement with the men of this generation and condemn them for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon and behold, a greater than Solomon is here``........ How far will you go to here the Word of God , or reject people who do...

Old 11-21-2010, 06:13 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,117,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
There is no doubt that God desires peace and love to one another. However, what is there for the atheist to love another above themselves? Is that possible with the athiest? If so, by what motivation, if it is not of Christ?

But now give me an atheist that can love even their enemies above themselves and I will be comfounded that they call themselves an "athiest" since THAT nature is owing to the Spirit of God.
I believe that the hardship and strife Aung Kyi has gone through is because she loves her country and its people.
She could have chosen another path less problematic.
She is Buddhist and like most Buddhist is atheist.
Monks have died in protest in hopes of helping there fellow man.
There are atheists that will behave as well as any christian.

In case you don't know who she is.
Aung San Suu Kyi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We practice a type of meditation called loving kindness.
It is directed to all living creatures no matter how they act.
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Do you have the right to judge others. Maybe so.
But by what information do you judge us by?
Maybe thats why your book says not to judge others as to what will happen to them after we pass on.
You do not have enough information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity