Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

I believe the Kingdom is within, that there's no "rapture" for those who were put here to be tabernacles and "endure until the end", and that judgment is a part of our daily lives.

Ye?

May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:48 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
I wouldn't give their date setting a second of my time.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
I started a thread about this May 21st thing too and how this group has put up billboards in some cities claiming May 21st is the rapture and I think October 21st as the end of the world. What a colossal waste of time and money. It will be interesting to see how they backtrack when May 21st turns out to be just another day.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 AM

488 posts, read 1,251,759 times
predicting the day of the rapture is not something we should do... all we can know and learn about the rapture is that it will take place in the first half of the tribulation... the reason why God delayes the rapture is that he is so merciful that he doesn't want any of us to perish but he wants all of us to come to repentance. (those days will be cut short.. meaning there won't be exactly 7 years after the rapture. anyway there coduln't be 7 years after the soon coming rapture because we are already in the tribulation!) Of course he won't wait forever because the tribulation is already entrenched and these are the final seconds on the clock. the hour is almost up! the midpoint of the tribulation is the latest the rapture can happen because we know that in the second half of the trib , the Anti-christ becomes Satan incarnate and this cannot happen until the restrainer (the holy spirit and each born-again christian in whom the holy spirit dwells are withdrawn/removed/taken out of the way, etc..)
But I don't think it will be a mid-tribulational rapture, because before the antichrist declares himself God, a Global government will be in power at least for a few months.. so the rapture will take place before the global gov. is established out of chaos...
21 May 2011 - the Rapture ? I do believe it wil happen much sooner..
21 October - End of the World ? It doesn't make any sense..
As I have already mentioned and I must admit I cannot emphasize it more, the tribulation looks like this : www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com (http://www.signsofthetimes777-endtimeschart.webs.com - broken link)

Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I don't think any of those dates is the end. I do however think this year is the year of the Lord's return for the rapture of his saints. I've been feeling lately that it just might be earlier than we think. Regardless, I'll be waiting and watching!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Allen I commend you on your effort but you know as well as I there are scoffers in the endtimes even amongst the elect.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,992 times
Phew, i'm glad my birthday is in July. I'd be so mad if it was past the cut-off date.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't think any of those dates is the end. I do however think this year is the year of the Lord's return for the rapture of his saints. I've been feeling lately that it just might be earlier than we think. Regardless, I'll be waiting and watching!
You will be better served with planning your life, your education, your career, than your demise. You are young and you have many decades of making your way in this world, don't count on an early exit.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:19 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You will be better served with planning your life, your education, your career, than your demise. You are young and you have many decades of making your way in this world, don't count on an early exit.
See, that's the problem. You don't have decades left. None of us do. Do you see the state of the world? You have to be blind not to think the return of the Lord isn't near. And just because I am awaiting the rapture of the church, doesn't mean that I have no plans for college or any other thing. I don't think the Lord wants me to stop doing things in life just because of that. But the fact is, I don't think I will get to. But it's all good. I bet there's tons of colleges in Heaven and all of my dreams to accomplish there.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
ET, UR, AN, ES none of these truly matter and are only stumbling blocks so grasp onto what your know and share.
It's true, ET, UR, AN & ES (is that eternal salvation?) are all fun to debate but nobody really has the answer. We won't know what the truth is until we have crossed over to the other side. By then, for some, it will be too late. Ahh! But which "for some"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity