Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:42 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times

Advertisements

As Christians, should we eat foods our Creator did not make? Should we knowingly be putting into our bodies genetically modified foods which give cancer and a host of other problems?

"Within 10 days of eating this "harmless" vegetable, rats developed smaller brains, livers & testicles... liver and immune system damage... and even potentially pre-cancerous cell growth. Now WikiLeaks exposes the dark secrets of why the US government is trying to bully European officials - and refuses to protect us..."

WikiLeaks Reveals US Sought to Retaliate Against Europe over Monsanto GM Crops

This article is a real eye opener on how our Govt. has colluded with Monsanto to force Europe eat Monsanto's frankenfoods and grow them or else.

Maybe as Christians we should write our congressmen/women and state representives? Pray for our Govt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:36 PM

111 posts, read 179,743 times
Here is a website that claims to be The Most Comprehensive Source of GMO Health Risk of Information on the Web. It is a very informative website. Institute for Responsible Technology -

Heck, like Europe, I would not want to eat GM food either. In stores I always look for the Organic label on packages.

What does the US try to accomplish by attempting to force European countries to use or grow this stuff?

I once saw on TV the sad stories of where in India and other countries farmers were hoodwinked or forced by their governement to grow GMO crops, only for them to get trapped in a vicious cycle of having to cultivate the seeds with Monsanto's germination product. When crops failed because of weather conditions, for example, the farmer was not allowed to grow other types of crops that have not been genetically modified, hence these farmers went broke. I has been reported that there is a high suicide rate in India because of the practice.

There is a whole bunch more that can be said about the subject; for example, about the test results of the consumption GM food that has caused serious health problems.

Institute for Responsible Technology -

Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
Tweedlydee, in other words, as Christians we should not consume what we know to
be harmful to our bodies. Right?

Old 01-12-2011, 03:29 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,623 times
Slightly off the main topic,,, but I find it strange that a multi-national corporation (MONSANTO) wants to control all the seeds for producing food on the earth and I also find it very eerie that a corporation wants to have a patent on DNA. I just see all this stuff as the cancerous growth of the BEAST system that will swallow up the masses of humanity in short order. Call me paranoid - but there does seem to be an evil force that wants to be seated in a place wherein "it" can control every person on the face of the earth. Creepy. Very creepy. I honestly don't think writing to congress will do any good to change things at this point. I think we are beyond the point of being brought back from destruction. However, I also believe that it has to be part of God's ultimate plan --- afterall, the way to the Father is through the cross. Jesus said... "follow me... and I am the way..." and he said "take up your cross". And let us not forget that he said, "Do not be afraid of what man can do to you." He has given us the grace we need to face death. His grace is sufficient.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Tweedlydee, in other words, as Christians we should not consume what we know to
be harmful to our bodies. Right?
True.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Slightly off the main topic,,, but I find it strange that a multi-national corporation (MONSANTO) wants to control all the seeds for producing food on the earth and I also find it very eerie that a corporation wants to have a patent on DNA. I just see all this stuff as the cancerous growth of the BEAST system that will swallow up the masses of humanity in short order. Call me paranoid - but there does seem to be an evil force that wants to be seated in a place wherein "it" can control every person on the face of the earth. Creepy. Very creepy. I honestly don't think writing to congress will do any good to change things at this point. I think we are beyond the point of being brought back from destruction. However, I also believe that it has to be part of God's ultimate plan --- afterall, the way to the Father is through the cross. Jesus said... "follow me... and I am the way..." and he said "take up your cross". And let us not forget that he said, "Do not be afraid of what man can do to you." He has given us the grace we need to face death. His grace is sufficient.
I agree what you wrote. May I add: Everyone has to eat. If one controls the food supply, one can be considered to have practically total power over earth's population. At least that's what I think.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
Default If I could 'rep' you 100 times!!

Quote:
Absolutely!! What's to be will be.....I love how you said that: "However, I also believe that it has to be part of God's ultimate plan --- after all, the way to the Father is through the cross. Jesus said... "follow me... and I am the way..." and He said "take up your cross". And let us not forget that He said, "Do not be afraid of what man can do to you." He has given us the grace we need to face death. His grace is sufficient".

And it's for this reason amongst others, people should be storing up for the days that are coming! Remember the example of Joseph storing up quantities of grain in Egypt when Pharaoh’s dream warned there would be seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine? I believe that when the Bible warns Christians to make preparations, when God warns us about approaching dangers, He also expects US TO ACT!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,435 times
Quote:
Man can't seem to help himself when he gets power and money. He just can't seem to help himself. It's the same old story. It's just that we have the technology in place for these kinds of people to wreak havoc, now. They would have done it thousands of years ago if they could have. And if we had been born into these families, we would do the same things. It's the mindset. People are not in their right minds anywhere, really. From top to bottom.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,522,660 times
Quote:
Slightly off the main topic,,, but I find it strange that a multi-national corporation (MONSANTO) wants to control all the seeds for producing food on the earth and I also find it very eerie that a corporation wants to have a patent on DNA.
That is easy, profits. Having a lock on an absolute essential commodity (seeds to grow food), it's name your price, and watch the profits skyrocket.

This thread belongs in science, or self-sufficiency areas.

Of course part of their 'engineered' seed guarantees that the seeds produced by the crop are sterile, which puts a lock on the fact that they and only they can provide (for a huge profit) the seeds for next growing season.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That is easy, profits. Having a lock on an absolute essential commodity (seeds to grow food), it's name your price, and watch the profits skyrocket.

This thread belongs in science, or self-sufficiency areas.

Of course part of their 'engineered' seed guarantees that the seeds produced by the crop are sterile, which puts a lock on the fact that they and only they can provide (for a huge profit) the seeds for next growing season.
FYI...Christians/Believer's are being asked their opinions, and Christians/Believer's are answering.....the threads fine here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity